Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish that darn Dragon horse wasn't so big. It has great detail and articulation. Too bad the gorillas look silly riding them. :eek:

One day I'll brake down and buy a few Marx horses... there just too many more Apes to buy. I need to get my gorilla garrsion up to a respectable number (counting Ursus I have only 5 :monkey2). Plus I need another Zaius for Angel's Lawgiver head.

And perhaps another Cornelius for that Galen head of yours, Angel. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

You need to work some overtime PZ! Bring that Gorilla count on up.

I found myself working more overtime last weekend for my boss (not Denise) in order to meet production goals for the factory. Because of the extra income I earned, I decided to buy some more supplies to gear up for the next BIG project.

Once I’ve completed these three Ape Wagons and the Tribunal Scene, I’ve decided that I’m ready to start building the church scene with the Doomsday Bomb as the centerpiece.

I just bought about $35 worth of plastic tubing (various sizes of course). I’ll be using the plastic tubing to construct the pipe sections of the pipe organ that are displayed just behind the Alpha Omega Bomb.

Last edited:
Did you ever get that Lawgiver head painted PZ?

I'm working on it. It's off to the painter (a professional painter friend of my dad's) and I will post pics as soon as he delivers him to me.

Problem is... painting is only one of his many hobbies. So it could be awhile.

I here that PZ. I recently threw out all my boxes.

I use mine for my craft boxes. They stack nicely and they're uniform in size. Only thing is I have to open them to see what's inside...I am unable to throw them out simply because they have apes on them. Isn't that sad?

Jess.

I use mine for my craft boxes. They stack nicely and they're uniform in size. Only thing is I have to open them to see what's inside...

But there's a window on the box... why do you have to open it to see what's inside? Wait until you gave a couple dozen boxes laying around... they become really easy to toss out.

I here that PZ. I recently threw out all my boxes.

Although I kept one of each. They are too purrdy to throw away. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to work... I'm a projectionist/theater manager and the show must go on! :D

Have a good evening here at Ape Central, my fellow Ape brethren.

Although I kept one of each. They are too purrdy to throw away. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to work... I'm a projectionist/theater manager and the show must go on! :D

Have a good evening here at Ape Central, my fellow Ape brethren.

Happy Friday, PZ. It's showtime...

But there's a window on the box... why do you have to open it to see what's inside? Wait until you gave a couple dozen boxes laying around... they become really easy to toss out.

They're stacked...and I still have to flip open the flap that covers the window to see what's inside.

Jess.

I was just rewatching Planet of the Apes on AMC and i just realized that among the apes, only the orangutans have eyebrows! Anybody else notice this? :monkey1

Jess.

They're stacked...and I still have to flip open the flap that covers the window to see what's inside.

Jess.

Oh yeah Jess- I forgot about the flap on the Sideshow boxes. My bad. I was thinking about the Hasbro boxes for some odd reason. (Perhaps because I don't save my SS boxes?) I'm up early today and I'm ready to start working a couple things...

I have 2 goals today. I really want to completely finish the Ursus helmet and repaint his face as my first goal. The second thing, I'm going to make at least one more mold for the ape wagon. I think I'll begin casting the ape wagon within the week. I should be finished casting it within 2 weeks. Let's see how it actually plays out.

Last edited:
That's not true Jessica. Taylor has eyebrows too! :lol

:rotfl
Yes, but Taylor is just a human...

Nova has GREAT eyebrows too, which probably is one of the major flaws of the SS Nova--the eyebrows on those do not resemble Linda Harrison's.

I have a b-day party to prep for, so major housework, major cooking, and unfortunately no crafting until tomorrow. I was trying to pop off Zira's head but it wouldn't budge. Guess I'm going to have to warm it up with a blowdryer.

Angel, when you make your mold, where do you put the pour spout for the liquid plastic? Do you use a stick to prop the head on and then cast it upside down or the other way around? I can't figure it out. On the how-to, I have to prop the head onto a stick which will create a pour-spout...but then how do you remove that on your cast...do you dremel it off? Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm rambling and I really should get to work. Toodles, guys.

Once I’ve completed these three Ape Wagons and the Tribunal Scene, I’ve decided that I’m ready to start building the church scene with the Doomsday Bomb as the centerpiece.

I just bought about $35 worth of plastic tubing (various sizes of course). I’ll be using the plastic tubing to construct the pipe sections of the pipe organ that are displayed just behind the Alpha Omega Bomb.

Very cool Angel! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5 How much detail will you be putting into the underground church scene?

Back