Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused KFog. I don't like all that glossy stuff on that one gorilla. If you look at page 469 that wasn't there before I shipped it. (Sticks does your gorilla head look all glossy as well?) KFog this needs some serious fixing, I don't understand why that one head looks so glossy in parts.

I was really surprised when it came in! The other one is so perfect! I have no clue as to why it was like that! I just figured that I could dry brush it a little and then it would be perfect:confused:

Last edited:
Angel, I was able to pop off Zira's head last night, in preparation for making a mold. I noticed that her vinyl head is hollow. Should I plug up the hole before laying her down for the mold? And do you need to spray some kind of release onto the lego box before pouring the rubber for the mold?

Jess.

Help! Everyone run, a head hunter! (Just kidding):eek:chase:blissysmi

Maybe he was sweating buckets, awaiting delivery?

Jess.

Yes, that's it! I would sweat too if I had my head lopt off and then stuck in a box. Really though, I just love the sculpt and the face looks great too.:monkey1

Wll thanks but that bothers me that he looks like that... Do you think you're capable of repainting his hair FLAT Black using some model paint???

Hi Mark! I think that I could! Do you just dip the brush and then swab it back and forth on a paper plate and then brush it?:rolleyes:

That's about all there is to it. There's really no detail in the hair. Just use flat black ACRYLIC.

If you screw it up, just let me know. I either re-do that one or have to re-do him from scratch. :(

Hey dude, don't feel bad! I can do it!. I just feel honored to have them! Thanks!:monkey1

Jess - You know how you put your ape artwork on that mug? I want to make a T-Shirt with the following picture on it.

Angel, that is very cool. I actually have a kit that I can use to make a silkscreen like this. This would make a great t-shirt. Do you mind if I make one for myself? I am also going to make a silkscreen of a t-shirt with the Cornelius Che, if I could just find my artwork....

Jess.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to locate my artwork on Caesar Che...I can't find it...Grrrr...I know I had left it in the laundry room the last time I saw it as I didn't have the silkscreen materials yet. :monkey4

It's around. When I find it and make my silkscreen, I'll show you guys.

Jess.

About a month ago we were talking about the similarity of the chairs in these 2 Planet of the Apes movies. What do you guys think?

Hey Angel to me it looks like they are not the same exact chairs. Taylor's chair cushions are complete circles while the Governor's chairs have cushions that are half circles.

They may be completly different chairs or they may have reworked the cushions.

Hey Angel to me it looks like they are not the same exact chairs. Taylor's chair cushions are complete circles while the Governor's chairs have cushions that are half circles.

They may be completly different chairs or they may have reworked the cushions.

Jungle, your eagle eyes always impress me! Nothing can get past them!!

Jess.

I found my Caesar Che! As soon as I get to it in a few weeks, I will be silkscreening this after cleaning it up a little bit. You guys think I should make the face a little smaller?

Jess.

Angel, that is very cool. I actually have a kit that I can use to make a silkscreen like this. This would make a great t-shirt. Do you mind if I make one for myself? I am also going to make a silkscreen of a t-shirt with the Cornelius Che, if I could just find my artwork....

Jess.

Jess: Tell me about this kit... I may get one as well just to make t-shirts. Do I mind if you make one... heck no - go for it! I look forward to seeing the results. I know they used to sell a special paper that you could put into your PC printer and make the iron-on transfers. Wal-Mart used to sell these kits about 5 years ago.

Back