Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much Jess... I'm glad you enjoyed them. There are more to come as I get reorganized after my trip.

I encourage everyone here to take a trip to the Southwest, the beauty of the area is breathtaking and awe inspiring.

We flew into Vegas and spent the night there to recoup from the plane ride. I hated Vegas, it looked like some insane architect threw up all over the desert, so I couldn't wait to leave. We drove to Sedona Az the next day and spent four days hiking and enjoying nature. We loved that area of Az and are planning to move there in the next few years. We even got ourselves a realtor to show us the area and she took us on a tour of about 10 houses.

Next off to Page Az and Lake Powell. Boy was Page a dump. It was a very depressed area and the town was very disappointing. The Lake was beautiful and we spent the night at Lake Powell Resort which was beautiful. Here is a shot of our view from our room at the resort:

DSC_0109.jpg

and a shot of the pool:

DSC_0092.jpg

In the evening we watched the sunset from our room and then the strangest thing happened...

There was lightning but no rain a strange luminosity. I asked one of the girls working at the resort about it and she said it happened all the time. They must have written this natural phenomenon into the movie!
So cool!

The other strange thing about the place was that it felt like we were the only americans there. It seems that the europeans love this place, everyone was speaking a foreign language.

I started to refer to the place as "Planet of the Alps"

More later...

Last edited:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes crossed $150 domestically making it the highest grossing FOX film this year. :clap :clap :clap

If you told me before the summer started that Rise of the Planet of the Apes would make more money than X-Men First Class, Cowboys and Aliens or Green Lantern I would not believe you.

I'm certain that we will hear of FOX greenlighting the sequel very soon. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

Wow! Thanks so much for posting the photos.

I, too, hope for a "great" Apes Sequel.

I always look forward to reading the various posts here from like-minded fans.

BTW
I've been waiting to post some pics of my latest ape projects, but it takes me so long to finish. I am grateful for the painting tips I've read here.

As you can see, I wanted to resolve the "chimpanzees are too few" problem in my collection.

Here is a "work in progress" photo. I still have much to do.

Wow! Thanks so much for posting the photos.

I, too, hope for a "great" Apes Sequel.

I always look forward to reading the various posts here from like-minded fans.

BTW
I've been waiting to post some pics of my latest ape projects, but it takes me so long to finish. I am grateful for the painting tips I've read here.

As you can see, I wanted to resolve the "chimpanzees are too few" problem in my collection.

Here is a "work in progress" photo. I still have much to do.

Your paint jobs look great on these sculpts! How in the world did you get so many different sculpts? Nice job!:goodpost:

Thanks for watching mate.

Yeah its not a spectacular PF but I only collect 1/4 scale stuff and Zaius is it. I really dig him, got the Reg in the vid for a nice price and then pimped him with the pretend doll.

Nothin wrong with pimpin (Ha,ha)!:exactly:

Jungle, great pics! The storms that you are refering to are related to the monsoon storms that we get here in Arizona during the summer months. We get a lot of wind and lightening, but not a lot of rain unless the moisture builds up! They call rain that dissipates before it hits the ground, virga. I am familiar with Sadona, because it is just north of me and many in the Phoenix valley take refuge there for the beauty and to escape the heat. We are approaching a record 32 or more temperatures of over 110 degree heat in the Phoenix Metro area! Northern Arizona is where the beauty of the Ponderosa pine and the water falls and sedona red rock are.:wave

Guys I'm so frustrated. I wanted to start hairing up my gorilla, but I can't find my hair so I have to go and buy some more. See how tiny Ash's mask is?
321352_10150375472590649_626265648_9701613_1499777_n.jpg

I don't really want to start a new project, so I just grabbed a human and slapped on some clay. Just for fun, and it's not permanent--just having fun. He's just an orangutan, no photo references. Needs a lot of work but that's all I'm going to do for him...I'm going to tear it apart and remake him into Dr. Zaius when I can get in a mood. Plus I'll probably use a harder clay. Sux my camera is on the fritz...for some reason the LCD is snowed out, so I can't see what I'm photographing, hence the blur.

DSC07791.jpg

Nice projects DTP!! You have been one busy ape. I want to come over and play when everything's all set up.

Last edited:
My Girlfriend took this picture of me taking a photo of "Horseshoe Bend".

WHAT WAS I THINKING!

DSCN0370.jpg

Great picture.

Do any of you live in San Diego? I remember there was someone that lived in La Mesa- that was part of an Apes club.

Guys I'm so frustrated. I wanted to start hairing up my gorilla, but I can't find my hair so I have to go and buy some more. See how tiny Ash's mask is?
321352_10150375472590649_626265648_9701613_1499777_n.jpg

I don't really want to start a new project, so I just grabbed a human and slapped on some clay. Just for fun, and it's not permanent--just having fun. He's just an orangutan, no photo references. Needs a lot of work but that's all I'm going to do for him...I'm going to tear it apart and remake him into Dr. Zaius when I can get in a mood. Plus I'll probably use a harder clay. Sux my camera is on the fritz...for some reason the LCD is snowed out, so I can't see what I'm photographing, hence the blur.

DSC07791.jpg

Nice projects DTP!! You have been one busy ape. I want to come over and play when everything's all set up.

Very Cool!

That 1/6 orangutan face already looks great and “cast-worthy.” (I would buy it.) I have several Hot Toys human heads that I would be willing to trade for ape resin heads. For example, if you wanted to keep that orangutan as is, you could start another head instead of reworking an already great looking face. :D

Great picture.

Do any of you live in San Diego? I remember there was someone that lived in La Mesa- that was part of an Apes club.

Thanks, Erik...

No I don't live in San Diego, I'm on the other coast in NYC.

By the way here is the photo of Horseshoe bend that I was taking in the previous pic:

DSC_0017-1.jpg

I think this is where they shot Taylor speaking with Cornelius towards the end of the film.

Last edited:
Although I wasn't able to bring all my Sideshow apes with me on my trip due to their size, I did take my medicom apes since they were a lot smaller.

Here are some shots at Lake Powell

I made the "Blanket" Taylor used for clothing with a piece of material I weathered. I painted it with rubber latex so it would retain it's shape.

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

Jungle these photos you have taken are really making me feel so happy! No matter what kind of _____ my day was, it's just gone 100% better. I just need to look at your photos and I feel better. Thank you for that.

Back