Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative imperative! LOL!!

Hey, news on the apevine: - 10 new cards for book 2 (Death of the Planet of the Apes) - and TAYLOR'S dogtags!

I am most happy to say that the second time watching Rise was palatable! The first time there were too many distractions. The CGI is not completely there yet, but they did with what they had. It was enjoyable. So...YAY!

One plus with working at a movie theater is that you get to see some little bits of film over and over again. I ran two showings of Rise tonight and I watched about 20-30 minutes of each show.

I have those cards, IM! I will send these out to you the next time I go to the post office...sometime this week or next. Promise.

Would those be the dog-tags that were completely ABSENT in the original film? That one has always bothered me(can you say "continuity"?Nice try)...PS

Yeah, the dog tags were a cheap plot device. It was the only way the producers could think of to convey important plot info since Nova couldn't talk... yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Drew Gaska (author of Conspiracy and soon Death) is going to try to find a way of explaining those tags... somehow. And as Jess stated in a previous post, during the release of the next book, he going to offer Taylor tags as well!

I like Drew's explanations. They are very plausible with the mythos.

I am ready to make a mold of Cornelius! Will try to do so w/in the next few days, time-permitting...
DSC07752.jpg

On a sad note, I lost my little monkey bell. I snagged the little rope on one of the kitchen drawers...and broke it, so he wasn't tied down properly. Maybe he's in one of my pockets...

Forgot to post a photo of what I found last night at Walgreen's. It was only 99 cents!
DSC07755.jpg

Last edited:
Hey ShortRound...thanks! I put my name on that list.

SMDM!!! I am not sure which costume you are talking about. I just have the old green outfit from the 1968 movie that I wear to all conventions.

However, I do have all the fabrics to make the Escape outfit...I just need to find me a Cornelius.

Hey ShortRound...thanks! I put my name on that list.

SMDM!!! I am not sure which costume you are talking about. I just have the old green outfit from the 1968 movie that I wear to all conventions.

However, I do have all the fabrics to make the Escape outfit...I just need to find me a Cornelius.

Oh I thought you had made a new one. By the way, the ghost thread is up and running again.

Apes, ghosts, and samurai. That's what I'm talking about!!

I may sew up the Escape outfit for the next Wondercon.

Another outfit to have would be Carsia's white outfit from the TV series. That would be neat to wear...but I'll have to invest in green contact lenses...

Have you guys seen this before? I don't remember ever seeing it....
la-planc3a8te-des-singes.jpg

259407,xcitefun-history-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-7.jpg

strange comparison, isn't it?????
936full-seven-samurai-screenshot.jpg

imgres
apestills.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't the top picture backward? I think I've seen a picture close to that one but in black and white.

One of my all time favorite scenes involving gorillas. Drew even covered this scene in his book, didn't he?

Oh Jess, there is a tube coming your way in the mail.

Last edited:
Back