Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apey Halloween, guys! I was going to go ape, wearing Ash's pullover that I made 2 years ago but I have a cold and I would rather not pull off the hood to have to blow my nose...since I will black out the skin of my eyes. Too much effort at this point, even though it's a pullover.

299182_232270996834526_112710202123940_623283_1383933017_n.jpg

Is that a real pumpkin or so photoshop job?

Either way, that is one impresssive Ape-O-Lantern! :clap :clap :clap

Just shows that AB really could have done a great Brent sculpt if given a chance! :gah: :gah: :gah:

I got my ape on, sort of. I've been doing make-up at a local Halloween attraction, and noticed that they had a gorilla suit.Picked up my own mask(California Costumes, very nice)climbed into the suit and had 3 hours of crazy.I have been reminded of 2 important things by this...
1)You can get away with murder in a gorilla suit
2)I'm not as young as I used to be
3 hours of ape walking have left me damn near crippled, but it was WORTH iT!...PS

Paul I hope to see photos!!!!

Here's Ash with the costume I sewed for him. He just loves it and has been wearing it since I finished it two days ago. I cut up a pair of khaki school pants that was going to be given to Goodwill since the kids had outgrown it for his hat:
DSC07776.jpg

Hey Jess...

I'm starting to make the clothes for my Abbott and Costello and my first 1/6 shirt came out surprisingly well!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make 1/6th scale neck ties. I'm looking at full scale ties to try and make them. There are no visible stitches, the sewing seems to be all done from the inside.

Do you have any tips or tricks to make neck ties? Should I use fabric glue instead of sewing them?

Help....

Thanks in advance.

Jungle

Sadly, while I was the subject of a lot of pix,none were taken by anyone I actually know. I can take a photo of Sidney(my name for the mask;reminds me of Rick Baker's gorilla suit from"The Incredible Shrinking Woman"),just to give you an idea of the mayhem...PS

Isn't that label too new for that to be a vintage Atari game? I mean, that image of Cornelius and the Statue wasn't created until the DVD release, as far as I know....

Yes, if that is indeed a vintage game it is definitely NOT vintage packaging.

And I would think some POTA fan prior to now would have heard of it.

Jungle, I have never really looked at neckties...but imho you can probably recreate them but remember to cut the fabric on a bias so that way it hangs better. What I would do is cut out a strip of fabric cut on a bias and then sew. The tricky part would be to turn the fabric right side out. They sell special hooks for these when you make spaghetti straps for dresses. But you would probably do as neat of a job if you used fabric glue and ironed it crisply---the trick I think is to make sure the fabric is on a bias.

Isn't that label too new for that to be a vintage Atari game? I mean, that image of Cornelius and the Statue wasn't created until the DVD release, as far as I know....

Good call!! :hi5:

Too bad Paul about your photos. You will have to search through flickr to see if they appear.

Jungle, I have never really looked at neckties...but imho you can probably recreate them but remember to cut the fabric on a bias so that way it hangs better. What I would do is cut out a strip of fabric cut on a bias and then sew. The tricky part would be to turn the fabric right side out. They sell special hooks for these when you make spaghetti straps for dresses. But you would probably do as neat of a job if you used fabric glue and ironed it crisply---the trick I think is to make sure the fabric is on a bias.

Thanks Jess... I think I'll try the fabric glue route. These things are so tiny that it is nearly impossible to turn them inside out.

Hey Jess...

I'm starting to make the clothes for my Abbott and Costello and my first 1/6 shirt came out surprisingly well!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make 1/6th scale neck ties. I'm looking at full scale ties to try and make them. There are no visible stitches, the sewing seems to be all done from the inside.

Do you have any tips or tricks to make neck ties? Should I use fabric glue instead of sewing them?

Help....

Thanks in advance.

Jungle

Cotswold Collectibles sells ties! https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEU-27E

Doesn't Cotswold have a minimum order amount...and don't they suck as far as s/h fees? I don't know...that's what I remember.

I would just go at a slip of fabric with some fabric glue and an iron.

Doesn't Cotswold have a minimum order amount...and don't they suck as far as s/h fees? I don't know...that's what I remember.

I would just go at a slip of fabric with some fabric glue and an iron.

Yeah, $25 minimum I think. Not sure about shipping fees.There are usually ties on eBay too.

Sean

Back