Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might as well chime in on this topic... I've been working on finishing my Firefly crew with my dad (who is also a board member)

img2375p.jpg

Just waiting for Hot Toys to return to the cornfields.

Took out my planet of the Apes stuff from my Garage...am happy it's up...I call this POTA diorama...."What the F*^K is this Dr Zeus? I finally bust you and your 2 chimps!".....LOL

Love that Adolfo!! So great!!

I just found this...plastic packaging from apples purchased at Costco....do you think it would work or is it too big?

DSC07841.jpg

To get this:
353.jpg

OK. I'll keep looking! I just thought it would be cool because then I wouldn't have to worry about sculpting something and vacu-forming it. Keep a lookout for clear plastic things from your Christmas packaging that could work for this project!! I was going to buy mirror-spray or something like that to get the glass effect. Put more effort into it than this fake glass which I colored up with a permanent marker:

DSC07838.jpg

Michaels craft stores have clear plastic ornaments that are two halves that snap together. The come in various sizes. One might be the right size.

Sean

Personally, I would buy the correct sized ball bearing(or maybe even a Polystyrene ball?) and vacuum form that using some 1mm styrene sheet.
Im guessing the size of the ball you would need should be about 50mm.

Ive never tried vacuum forming and dont know much about it to be honest, so forgive me if its a stupid idea.

Last edited:
Personally, I would buy the correct sized ball bearing(or maybe even a Polystyrene ball?) and vacuum form that using some 1mm styrene sheet.
Im guessing the size of the ball you would need should be about 50mm.

Ive never tried vacuum forming and dont know much about it to be honest, so forgive me if its a stupid idea.

Very excellent idea! Only problem is I don't have access or equipment to vacuform....so that's why I was looking at something that was already there....I can find someone though I am

I sure...

Also very excellent idea Sean...I will keep a lookout--Christmas ornaments are actually perfect and ball like...and 'tis the season.

I wish that I had more time to invest in my Ape nativity scene...I will make it a point to make the costumes for just ONE character...one of the orangutans....and that will be my goal.

I found this video a while back but it might be too much effort if you can find someone who can do it for you.
Here it is anyway -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5CGfoxnKaQ[/ame]

It looks like it would do the trick.

ugh. see? it's materials and time to invest...I have seen smaller versions too...but a bigger one would serve a better purpose because I like 1:1 costuming...It would be cool to have lots of vacuformed faces to rest the foam latex appliances on...

I kept forgetting to take and post photos of my new acquisition for Zira's pantry...that I purchased at Michaels.

DSC07846.jpg
DSC07847.jpg

DSC07851.jpg
DSC07855.jpg

And I found something at Target...I will send the toys out to my friend who has a baby...but keep the packaging!! Do you think it will work?
DSC07843.jpg

DSC07845.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Very busy today--running around all morning shuttling kids back and forth to piano...and then major cooking. Stay safe and have a wonderful holiday with your families.

Here's a picture of my son wearing one of my newly escavated Don Post masks.

img2391lc.jpg

He wanted to use it for Halloween... but then I told him how much that thing he had on his head was worth. :nono :nono :nono

Just curious... How much is that thing worth?

I used make-up for Zaius and the chimps in my ape film that I made way back in High School but we rented the Don Post masks for all our Gorillas.

I have to say, that mask has held up really well for it's age. It could use a good comb out on the hair though.

Back