Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Galaxy Quest. The aliens were awesome (as people) and Ms Weaver looked great as a blonde.
What's Star Wars? I never seen it either... just bits and pieces.

Glad I am not alone!! :hi5:

Now I have another movie I need to see...some Christmas movie with a guy in a bunny suit that is pink. I don't recall the title. I was told to watch that too.

That's "A Christmas Story" based on the works of Jean Shepherd. He is the narrator and plays an older guy with a brown beard and wearing a hat in the scene where the kids are waiting in line to see Santa. This is basically the movie that inspired "The Wonder Years".

It is on tonight starting at 8:00 EST on TBS and will be running in a loop for twenty four hours.

It is one of my favorite films of all time.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I already missed some of it, so I put the TV on a timer to change the channel when the movie starts again!!!!

You learn something everyday! I guess I did not know that is what inspired Wonder Years. I used to love that show.

Here's another photo of Cornelius. I like my sculpt but I think I should try to resculpt him. He doesn't paint up so well I think. What I really should do is try to paint up the orangutans that I sculpted so I can see if they need to be reworked. Everything looks so different once you add paint. Sometimes it looks like crap and if the sculpt is bad there is nothing you can do about it but resculpt. And I guess think about what figure or two I need to add to my nativity set for next year.
DSC08020.jpg

Look at this cool photograph and how fabulous the tribunal orangutans will look!!
Three-Wise-Men-in-The-Nativity-Story.jpg

Last edited:
Darkness... I think you did a really fine job with Rainman's chimp head. The body you modded is truly ape like. I know it wasn't an easy build for you.

I just wish your pics were a little brighter...

Well, I got "Rise" on DVD for Xmas, and my father-in-law really wanted to watch it. Of course, since it was Xmas day(with attendant guests etc.)I didn't really get to watch it. What I did see intrigues me;good set up for a sequel(or the original, for that matter) and more in-jokes than I could count. Looking forward to really watching it to try to get them all...PS

I like what I've seen, which is bits and pieces(trying to watch a whole movie at my in-laws is like trying to read a book on a bicycle).When I actually get to watch all of it I'll post my opinion;did enjoy the many in-jokes(Maurice the Orang-utan...priceless)...PS

I didn't mind the references, but I hated the regurgitated dialog...

"Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape"

"It's a mad house, a mad house.

Yes. I wanted to fling my popcorn on the movie screen when that happened...

I wanted to strangle that idiot that said those words on the screen as much as I wanted to strangle my girlfriend. It's been so long that I can't even remember why I was so upset at her. Anyway, it's not worth the effort of remembering.

Last edited:

Same here! Kinda made me cringe LOL
Theres no need for it.
I thought it was a great film though. Not a patch on the originals, but quite good compared to a lot of the crap we get these days.

Back