Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently working on a 1:1 scale gorilla bandolier. It's ready to be sewn but I need to get some brown thread for the top stitching.

I want to ask the ape experts something.

I have some Sideshow gorilla soldiers and want to dye the cloth to look more like the movies. I have paused the movie and see different vest, so I am not worried about that too much. However I want them to look more “uniform” with my Hot Toys gorilla soldiers.

I read though some past post and see that "plum" and purple has been used.

Looking at the options below, which color number would you recommend?

https://www.ritdye.com/colorit_color_formula_guide

Thanks so much. :)

I haven't tried it [yet] but I've been told that there is something that you can soak the outfit in that will take the color "out" and then you can re-dye it any color you want.
That being said, if I were starting from scratch, I would choose 149 or if a darker color was desired, 567.

Im sure you can mix and match those dyes too. And theres always the option of using watered down acyrlic paints to make the exact coloured dye you need. From my VERY limited experience(as in I tried real dye just once and COMPLETELY failed!), I found the acrylic paint more effective than proper dye.

Thanks for the tips.

Here are some of my "bash in progress" projects. I used parts from some talented artist in this forum. :clap

One of the heads had such a great "attitude" look and reminded me of a friend of mine. I had to find a body that I thought matched his "big attitude."

404999_246358115437421_100001897042048_623595_1141031210_n.jpg

Wonderful, TDP! It's cool to see those figures you have put together.

I sewed together the bandolier, but the color is off so I am going to try to paint the fabric today and see how that works out.

Guys what do you think of a $250 commercial convection 1/4 size countertop oven that runs on 110 volts? It would be larger than what I am using now...it's for baking foam latex.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone here knew what the odds were of picking up one of the old Sideshow Lawgiver statues. Has anyone seen one recently? One that wasn't a ridiculous price?

hey LoveMinusZero,

To get mine, I set up eBay search to e-mail me using key words "lawgiver statue" and "lawgiver sideshow."

It took a while and as you can see in the pics below, it didn't turn out so good at first. I am glad I purchased insurance. As you can see, the box was too small for a loose statue.

I kept waiting and searching and finally bought another one.

Best of luck to you.

OMG! I would have just died if that Lawgiver statue was the one I was waiting for!! But anyway....I'm sure it could be fixed because where there's a will, there's a way!!

Jungle that was such an awesome trip. I love the photos you posted too.

:monkey2
I was very sad to see the lawgiver statue broken like that. I hoped I would have been allowed to keep it, but I had to send it back. I just could not believe someone didn't pack such a great and rare item better.

any pics of the full scale bandolier, yet?

BTW, I am always interested in purchasing any new 1/6 ape heads if casts are made.

oh yeah.. I saved some of those great pics from Jungle for computer wallpaper.

Hi, I'm working on a Doctor Zaius sculpt and thought this would be a good place to post pics and ask for feedback. Tell me what you think:)

6702969611_8f5e72f96d_z.jpg

6702969569_0ae0669f0b_z.jpg

6702969551_9fcb983be9_z.jpg

6702969515_19f095d439_z.jpg

TDP--I decided to purchase better-colored material for the bandolier. I was going to paint the fabric a darker shade...but it may be more effort on my part.

DSC08055.jpg

Here I was getting ready to remove the fabric from the vinyl....to sew the better colored one...but I did not want to use the material because I bought it for a gorilla backpack I am going to someday make for myself. I figured I just better get new fabric and just start all over.
DSC08056.jpg

Last edited:
Back