Should I get 1/2 scale T-800 Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of wall adapter does this take? Or does it come with one?

I've very happy with it.
Only problem is the base lights have stopped flashing. Which is weird because they still light up just dont flash.
So I'm going to have to get into the base somehow. I also think the teeth jutt out a bit so I might have to do a bit of "refining"

Yep which is a bit weird. So the leds aren't blown must be something wrong with the flasher circuit. So if I've got to change that I might funk it up a bit with faster flash rate or different colour leds

Guys I am resurecting this old topic. I would like to get an advice. How good is this endoskeleton by today's standard? Also not counting the scale how is this compared to P1's endoskeleton (1/3 )accuracy wise? Thank you for your help guys. Hopefully there are some veterans here who can help me.

Last edited:
Guys I am resurecting this old topic. I would like to get an advice. How good is this endoskeleton by today's standard? Also not counting the scale how is this compared to P1's endoskeleton (1/3 )accuracy wise? Thank you for your help guys. Hopefully there are some veterans here who can help me.
1/3 prime hasn't released yet but compared to the current prototype, 1/2 HCG isn't close. We can use primes 1/2 scale for comparison as its the closest thing to the soon to be released 1/3 scale.

Objectively wise primes 1/2 beats HCG 1/2 in almost every category except:

- arms and hand, HCG has the better detail and sculpt which include forearm wires.

Everything else HCG is inferior:

-floating neck and chest pistons, looks terrible when viewed close up.

-neck piston incorrectly placed (flared out). Fixed so these can't be adjusted.

-chest wire is inaccurate.

-bad teeth. Granted prime isn't perfect but when washed and darkened, looks better.

-under scaled, measures at 91cm (hence the light weight of 9kgs compared to primes 23kgs), much smaller than primes 1/2 scale.

-empty chest cavity of the spine, a very outdated look. Only prime 1 endos and cinemaquette has ever sculpted these.

-odd proportions, especially in the head, the torso and short legs. Throws off the overall scale and presence of being a life like endoskeleton, looks more toyish.

Subjectively wise HCG beats prime in

-Pose. Most would argue it's cooler looking. Primes 1 is menacing and screen accurate but T2 is more iconic.

-Although not really fair (due to being different movies), HCG has plasma rifle and cool looking base.

-if you prefer cleaner shiny chrome, which HCG one has the cleaner one vs prime 1s scorched endo look (again restricted to movie accuracy, future endo look vs flame scorched endo). Some will also prefer the charred metal BD chrome of prime 1 but if your into a shinier look, HCG is better. Both are screen accurate.

Overall it comes down to your personal preference, HCG is a decade older to prime 1s so for its time, it's an excellent piece but comparing it to the newer endos, it's outdated in a lot of categories as mentioned above.

1/3 prime hasn't released yet but compared to the current prototype, 1/2 HCG isn't close. We can use primes 1/2 scale for comparison as its the closest thing to the soon to be released 1/3 scale.

Objectively wise primes 1/2 beats HCG 1/2 in almost every category except:

- arms and hand, HCG has the better detail and sculpt which include forearm wires.

Everything else HCG is inferior:

-floating neck and chest pistons, looks terrible when viewed close up.

-neck piston incorrectly placed (flared out). Fixed so these can't be adjusted.

-chest wire is inaccurate.

-bad teeth. Granted prime isn't perfect but when washed and darkened, looks better.

-under scaled, measures at 91cm (hence the light weight of 9kgs compared to primes 23kgs), much smaller than primes 1/2 scale.

-empty chest cavity of the spine, a very outdated look. Only prime 1 endos and cinemaquette has ever sculpted these.

-odd proportions, especially in the head, the torso and short legs. Throws off the overall scale and presence of being a life like endoskeleton, looks more toyish.

Subjectively wise HCG beats prime in

-Pose. Most would argue it's cooler looking. Primes 1 is menacing and screen accurate but T2 is more iconic.

-Although not really fair (due to being different movies), HCG has plasma rifle and cool looking base.

-if you prefer cleaner shiny chrome, which HCG one has the cleaner one vs prime 1s scorched endo look (again restricted to movie accuracy, future endo look vs flame scorched endo). Some will also prefer the charred metal BD chrome of prime 1 but if your into a shinier look, HCG is better. Both are screen accurate.

Overall it comes down to your personal preference, HCG is a decade older to prime 1s so for its time, it's an excellent piece but comparing it to the newer endos, it's outdated in a lot of categories as mentioned above.
Dundee thank you for the help. It was a big one. Because of your post (I also used photos from the movie T-800 and compared them with the Prime 1's newest updated endo video and with HCG endo videos, photos) I decided I am not gonna buy it and just stick with my P1 1/3 endo which probably as of right now ( if the production piece will look like that) is the most screen accurate one.

I don't know if the Cinemaquette is better or not compared to the P1 1/3 but I think they are pretty close.

Back