Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That augmented yellow jacket Wolverine is pretty sweet!

Any news about a Hot Toys (Old Man) Logan for the new movie?

To early. I would think some version gets made, as they have done one from every film he headlined since X3(origin, x3, the wolverine, and dofp). Add in it's probably his last. But it's mostly been that the figures of wolverine are not even teased until the film is at least about to be released on bluray.

Good to see these are all still as gorgeous as they were last time I was in this thread. A while back somebody was offering to re paint The Wolverine headsculpt, anyone know who that was? I'm looking to get mine repainted.

Good to see these are all still as gorgeous as they were last time I was in this thread. A while back somebody was offering to re paint The Wolverine headsculpt, anyone know who that was? I'm looking to get mine repainted.

Rahmier84 used to take the mustache off. There are a ton of people doing repaints now. You just have to find what what level of skill you want to pay for.

To early. I would think some version gets made, as they have done one from every film he headlined since X3(origin, x3, the wolverine, and dofp). Add in it's probably his last. But it's mostly been that the figures of wolverine are not even teased until the film is at least about to be released on bluray.

I wonder why that is when a character like Doc Strange is shown full tilt months before it gets released and before the movie opened

I wonder why that is when a character like Doc Strange is shown full tilt months before it gets released and before the movie opened

Dr strange was potential. Unknown so pull out all the stops. Wolverine is a sales history, and despite selling alright he isn't a top mover. He's also a character that has an established fan base that will buy even if he comes out later, his sales are not hype driven as much as some others could be.

Also, very few films get figures as early as strange did. And studios sometimes like to keep designs under wraps so toy company's can't show off figures wart even if they wanted to in some cases. Logistics play a part as well. Then you have what happened with Suicide squad. Where 30% of the figures are from scenes that didn't even make the movie so the figures are not going to sell as well (usually), which is a big part of why places wait to drop thousands on prototypes for stuff that's not in the films. But sometimes they take a shot and miss. Withvstrange, not much chance he gets cut from his own film.

There's a lot of reasons why one figure debuts ahead of another and a large chunk of that isn't even something companies can control.

Dr strange was potential. Unknown so pull out all the stops. Wolverine is a sales history, and despite selling alright he isn't a top mover. He's also a character that has an established fan base that will buy even if he comes out later, his sales are not hype driven as much as some others could be.

Also, very few films get figures as early as strange did. And studios sometimes like to keep designs under wraps so toy company's can't show off figures wart even if they wanted to in some cases. Logistics play a part as well. Then you have what happened with Suicide squad. Where 30% of the figures are from scenes that didn't even make the movie so the figures are not going to sell as well (usually), which is a big part of why places wait to drop thousands on prototypes for stuff that's not in the films. But sometimes they take a shot and miss. Withvstrange, not much chance he gets cut from his own film.

There's a lot of reasons why one figure debuts ahead of another and a large chunk of that isn't even something companies can control.

I would also think it would have to do with the character licensing. With Fox owning Wolverine film rights, but Marvel/Disney having the merchandise (Or something to that effect), I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer for licensing approval for X-Men Characters verses the MCU characters.

I would also think it would have to do with the character licensing. With Fox owning Wolverine film rights, but Marvel/Disney having the merchandise (Or something to that effect), I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer for licensing approval for X-Men Characters verses the MCU characters.

You're probably on to something there. Didn't meant to hijack the thread. Really looking forward to the flick and the figure.

Of course we've been down that road before....:slap

Yep that is also part of the picture. But the offset is that Jackman is very accommodating with likeness rights. It effects the other characters from fox much more, since until the last year or so each actor had their own rights retained. So they could ask for anything or flat deny approvals (fassbender,mcavoy and Lawrence all did). But that really doesn't effect when they show a prototype as much as the other stuff. It factors into the overall stuff but not as much with how early they show stuff as sales history and perceived interest

Rahmier84 used to take the mustache off. There are a ton of people doing repaints now. You just have to find what what level of skill you want to pay for.

I knew Rahmier was painting them, I actually have two Wolverine sculpts of his but sadly I lost my job before I could get any paint work done. Where would I look for artists?

I knew Rahmier was painting them, I actually have two Wolverine sculpts of his but sadly I lost my job before I could get any paint work done. Where would I look for artists?

Try the Custom Creations area. There are lots of painters on there showing their work. The guy I use now instead of Rahmier is mus_musculus. Also check out T-Squared on here. Or if you're a facebook guy, they're Mus Musculus and Thomas Terbanc.

Followed the tips Rahmier84 posted a couple years back and did a repaint on the MMS220 Wolverine!

wrepaint0.jpg
wrepaint1.jpg
wrepaint5.jpg
wrepaint2.jpg
wrepaint4.jpg

Hey guys! I have a Bruce Banner body lying around and am going to make a custom wolverine out of it. I ordered the bone claws and The Wolverine Brown pants for him and a custom head which hopefully looks good in person. I found a set of metal claws, jeans and dog tags that I might get as well. Does anyone have this set and/or does anyone have this head? Would be great if people had pics to show, thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-HTs-1-6-X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Vest-jeans-Necklace-Claw-Hands-alloy/322331095674

s-l500.jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg
s-l500 (2).jpg

Got my KO head in finally and starting to put the pieces together. Just waiting on the Bone Claws, Pants and Dog Tags and should be good! Loving this head sculpt!

IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg
IMG_2443.jpg

Beside Wolverine's X3 uniform, can anyone recommend some outfit/clothing sets that would blend well beside X3 Cyclops and Ian Mckellen's Magneto?
Thank you.

15578255_962243283875781_1355723097313759710_o.jpg

So I finished my custom Wolverine and I am very happy with the results! Using a Bruce Banner body underneath, love having the use of double jointed elbows with him

IMG_3015.jpg
IMG_3026.jpgIMG_2986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back