Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betomatali's 1/6th beetleguese was so much better then this rubbish sideshow is offering. It actually at least looked like michael keaton.

maxresdefault.jpg
That is a sweet piece. I'd buy that right away for $240 matter fact more. I never heard of who made it before. Who makes this Beetlejuice and how much is he if you can find him on the market?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Yeah i thought it was a custom,that's not bad for a quality Beetlejuice that has a limited edition made. I hate to say it but if i had that Beetlejuice I'd actually pay the $125 for the gravestone. Wow, i can't believe i even wrote that it's so overpriced.

Yeah, Betomatali's just isn't that good of a likeness to be honest, although the project overall is a superb custom effort. I'd say Caine got much closer. Sideshow's likeness would be perfectly acceptable if the bloody "art" director had just asked a few fans for advice on the expression. I think they're just too arrogant (or fragile) at Sideshow to get some consensus on what people want.

I'm working on the Maitlands scary faces and Barbaras tomb. I wish I were better at face sculptures or I'd give a custom head a go. So I'm guessing from comments here and now the above message there's no way they'll change this before release? Dumb.

Last edited:
I don't Know, I wouldn't Buy that either

Betomatali's 1/6th beetleguese was so much better then this rubbish sideshow is offering. It actually at least looked like michael keaton.

maxresdefault.jpg

That is a sweet piece. I'd buy that right away for $240 matter fact more. I never heard of who made it before. Who makes this Beetlejuice and how much is he if you can find him on the market?

Your looking around $1400ish for that beetlejuice tbh it's nice but I owned it and I'm not sure if I'd wanna pay that I remember getting this and opening it and thinking "Man I over paid for this" And I've never done that with any piece before! Keep your eyes peeled for seats beetlejuice pieces and take a look at caines sculpt :)

If only caine could sell his sculpt to sideshow or get 1 of our custom artist to make a sculpt.

Maybe we'll get lucky and sideshow will listen to everyone's feedback or they'll notice they have all of 10 pre-orders for him and they'll either change the sculpt or include an additional one with a much better expression before he ships. The expression is really the only thing holding me back personally from getting him.

Yes its true the betomatali beetlegeuse went and still goes for a lot more money(Not worth over 1000 dollars mind you) but i think its a much better likeness then the sideshow version. The problem with the sideshow version is the expression they choose doesn't fit well with certain setups, say for example posing him with the tombstone (pic below) He shouldn't have that deer caught in the headlights, about to crap his pants look on his face while hes simply standing by the tombstone. They should have went with a sculpt where he has a more netural look on his face with a hint of a smirk on a smile like the betomatali sculpt. The round purple patches around his eyes also don't help portray the character properly either. On the sideshow sculpt they are round whereas in reality the purple patches around his eyes are more oval like in the betomatali sculpt and the pic below. His head isn't that pudgy also.

beetlejuice-sixth-scale-100295-12.jpg

url

200.gif

Last edited:
Your looking around $1400ish for that beetlejuice tbh it's nice but I owned it and I'm not sure if I'd wanna pay that I remember getting this and opening it and thinking "Man I over paid for this" And I've never done that with any piece before! Keep your eyes peeled for seats beetlejuice pieces and take a look at caines sculpt :)

If only caine could sell his sculpt to sideshow or get 1 of our custom artist to make a sculpt.
Okay, a little out of focus, but you get the idea.
006.JPG
005.JPG

Okay, a little out of focus, but you get the idea.
View attachment 243649
View attachment 243650

While canes paint job is ok this sculpt with the right painter would out do every sculpt so far. It's a really great sculpt and even his first sculpt is amazing!
I planned to get his sculpt and tbh I actually think both of his sculpts for beetlejuice are the best!

I saw these a while back this is canes first Beetlejuice

The first picture is canes newest sculpt and the second picture is his 1st sculpt... See what i mean in the right hands canes sculpt is perfect!

Attachments

• 10399322_10153919413369880_5623464579091185420_n.jpg
    10399322_10153919413369880_5623464579091185420_n.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 11121051_10153504611284880_1975840961_n.jpg
    11121051_10153504611284880_1975840961_n.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 143
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Betos looks terrible for the price he asks. And Caine's paint is average and flat. Hell the expression they both picked suck worse than Sideshows

I see zero Keaton likeness in either of their sculpts.

At least the second set of photos you posted had good paint. Too bad the sculpt is average. Literally his brow is too demonic looking and arched down too far

Back