Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really not sure if the price sits well with me... thinking my SSC/HT collecting days are over after this one.

Last edited:
I almost wish i could time travel fast to end of 2015 and check out our collection's out . It's gonna be AAAAMAZING with chewbacca and probably the whole O.T cast given the hot toys & sideshow updates. 2015 is gonna kick ass with StarWars the dream is almost complete for a amazing O.T 1/6 gang line up.:r2d2line:lsvader

I'm ordering one. I really wish that the severed arm was included as part of the exclusive. Sort of lame that it isn't in all honesty what whatever I suppose.

I'm really not sure if the price sits well with me... thinking my SSC/HT collecting days are over after this one.

"Who's more the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows?" - Ben Kenobi the wise.

Yeah I'm with you. My 1/6 HT SW days are over. Pricing is just out of control. If we just wait 5 years we'll be able to 3D print this sucker ourselves and include a Motivator chip to have our droid walk and talk like the real thing. Seriously though, I am not digging the grungy, lack luster sheen of this version. I would rather have the glowing Tamashii Nations 12" C-3PO Star Wars-Episode IV figure shining like a real droid should. When SideShow does something gold it always comes out matte like it is polystone or something. Their Indiana Jones, Ark of the Covenant was a disappointing experience not wished to be repeated. I also have a concern regarding R2D2's top, it isn't shiny enough for me, it appears to be matte silver/chrome. Might have to cancel my ex. It is better to get out early, and face up to it now.

Last edited:
My tama 3PO stood well without stand for over a year now. Sideshow's being all plastic, he should stand perfectly fine by himself.

For what these figures cost I can't imagine not using stands to be honest. It'd suck if one of them toppled over from a high shelf.

I'm with everyone on the collecting days are done. I have a few characters left I want to collect to round things out and then I'm likely done. I need an Old Ben Kenobi, prefer ESB Luke, and 2 Stormtroopers (need to order but waiting on funds). Other than that I have R2 coming next month and then Han, Chewie and 3PO coming down the pipe. Maybe if HT makes Boba Fett I'll grab him.

I've mostly been collecting Marvel / DC figures. I only need Black Widow, Hawkeye and Fury to finish my Avengers and then I have my other favorite Marvel characters, Spider-Man and Wolverine already. As for DC, I have Christopher Reeves Superman and am waiting for Superman vs Batman to see how Ben Afleck turns out to pick up a Batman. From there might do Wonder Woman, Aquaman and any other JLA members if that line turns out decent.

But I'm on the way out of this hobby. I am in for probably two more years and that is it. It is too expensive to keep doing it. Once my primary sets are finished of my main characters I will stop.

But then...I forgot about Masterpiece Transformers. :slap

"Who's more the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows?" - Ben Kenobi the wise.

Yeah I'm with you. My 1/6 HT SW days are over. Pricing is just out of control. If we just wait 5 years we'll be able to 3D print this sucker ourselves and include a Motivator chip to have our droid walk and talk like the real thing. Seriously though, I am not digging the grungy, lack luster sheen of this version. I would rather have the glowing Tamashii Nations 12" C-3PO Star Wars-Episode IV figure shining like a real droid should. When SideShow does something gold it always comes out matte like it is polystone or something. Their Indiana Jones, Ark of the Covenant was a disappointing experience not wished to be repeated. I also have a concern regarding R2D2's top, it isn't shiny enough for me, it appears to be matte silver/chrome. Might have to cancel my ex. It is better to get out early, and face up to it now.
Some good points about 3PO's weathering. I much prefer the Tamashii's sheen and have always heard companies choose weathered versions of generally shiny characters to hide paint/finish flaws. Agreed on R2's dome, too. I actually ck1'd my ex, because I figure I may as save what little I can for other releases. Hobby is just too brutally expensive, now, to get so-so stuff, even if the price is right (like w/R2).

Back