Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the point having damaged shoulder and not having severed arm? Makes no sense to me. Would have been nice to have it to go with my Sand People diorama. At least price is somewhat bearable. 199.99 would have been nice, at least he is cheaper than x wing Luke.

But what I can is, Medicom and BanDai got it right when lighting the eyes.
But I still ordered one. Even with all the imperfections.

Well maybe over the next year sideshow will decide to include the broken arm by the time he ships.

no broken arm = :cuckoo:

Someone said it before, but it would be too large an item to be missed if an entire arm was the EX. Then people would complain about that.

As usual the EX is something extra but not needed, as it was originally intended to be. Threepio has very little to make an EX from.

Someone said it before, but it would be too large an item to be missed if an entire arm was the EX. Then people would complain about that.

As usual the EX is something extra but not needed, as it was originally intended to be. Threepio has very little to make an EX from.

Ssc needs to get back to their must have exclusives anyway.

The severed arm and stump really shouldn't be an exclusive anyway, but part of the regular release, especially at this price point. The figure is just absolutely bare and the severed arm is a much better standard accessory than the drink tray on R2.

Looks nice but tough to justify that price. I remember thinking that IG-88 was hard to justify for $179 but it looked great and I bit the bullet. That seems like not a bad price compared to this. At this rate, 3po's price may seems reasonable two years from now. Maybe wait for HT's diecast release. (Right!). I'll eventually cave and use some RPs for this.

I ordered the EX but agree it's very bar bones compared to R2 at a much better value. I'm ordering 3PO to go with R2D2, but I'm far more jazzed about my other orders for next year

Forgive me but I was under the impression that he IS diecast...least that's what I've been hearing...no?

R2D2 EX is the SAW and space laser wielding arm not the drinks n rum cart. They could have gave us a couple exclusive's like broken c3po in cargo bag 4 chewbacca or bugged out eye head of c3po for salicous crumb or just a xtra 3po head n screwdriver 4 chewie to work on. He's pretty much barebones and just thankfull 4 the release. Price is what it is and know we WON'T PASS on this must have for the wars. The droids been in all the film's so everyone has to have him.

Forgive me but I was under the impression that he IS diecast...least that's what I've been hearing...no?

no DIECAST in DESCRIPTION. The magnetic restaining bolt is listed on description tho so some metal i imagine for 3po body.

I believe this is 100% plastic. and I agree maybe a damaged eye for Salicious Crumb to feed on would have been a good accessory.

if his finger joints are anything like the old Freddy Krueger gloved hand, there are going to be a lot of disappointed customers.

Also, his eyes don't seem to light up as much as the die-cast version. Seem pretty dull.

I bet just fixed a metal part under body for the magnetic restraining bolt , but we can hope they went all metal. I would think if was metal he would be more like Bandaii shiny C3PO that i know is Diecast.

Last edited:
R2D2 EX is the SAW and space laser wielding arm not the drinks n rum cart. They could have gave us a couple exclusive's like broken c3po in cargo bag 4 chewbacca or bugged out eye head of c3po for salicous crumb or just a xtra 3po head n screwdriver 4 chewie to work on. He's pretty much barebones and just thankfull 4 the release. Price is what it is and know we WON'T PASS on this must have for the wars. The droids been in all the film's so everyone has to have him.
Yeah the eye coming out of its socket as an alternate head would have been cool. I would love to see a broken down version that Chewie could carry around but that would probably add a lot of cost since it'd be another figure basically just not in one piece.

I think only the Tamashi version is all metal and weighs just over 2 pounds which is more then Boba Fett loaded with all of his gear including stand. Also Tamashi said they made the more accurate com link unlike SS' white and black one. And his eyes shine brighter.

*edit, SS figure may be metal as he weighs the same as the Tamashi version.

Back