Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking very much forward to receiving this figure! ...it?s kind of funny that they talk about the sixth scale line like it?s still going. Maybe they?ll get the license - or whatever the problem is - back one day. But for now it seems this one is the last sixth scale SW figure from SSC [emoji17]

Yeah figure looked pretty good there, although the lighting made it hard to judge that well. The shoulders do seem a bit too broad for Lando, but it's something i can probably live with.

And they're kinda making me want that Jabba now too...

Just watched the video, or I should say "skimmed" the video. I like the look of the figure. Unmasked head looks better but I still won't use it. The outfit is top shelf and the sandal boots are awesome! Glad I've got this one preordered...

It was really fun to watch the video and I loved the extreme close-ups they did. As someone who painstakingly crafted this same outfit in 1/6 recently (thanks for abandoning then reinstating this figure, Sideshow:gah::lol) and stared at hundreds of Lando ref pics, I think I appreciated the way they did things more than most could.

Looking very much forward to receiving this figure! ...it?s kind of funny that they talk about the sixth scale line like it?s still going. Maybe they?ll get the license - or whatever the problem is - back one day. But for now it seems this one is the last sixth scale SW figure from SSC [emoji17]

Yeah it's a strange thing that it wasn't like "hey, this is the last one" - it's the end of a MAJOR era of SW 1/6 - but I guess it's not something you really want to share because everything they say/do is to sell product, and saying you don't have the license anymore doesn't do that in any way.:dunno

I also thought it was funny that the one figure they happen to select for this video has a nasty paint scrape on the helmeted headsculpt's cheek, revealed when the host removes the helmet. The host must have been like "why the **** did we have to do this live?!":rotfl Well I hope it's just on that figure...

It was cool that they gave an option to have him holding the empty helmet... which I'm sure lots of people will use once they can replace the Sideshow head with the much better HT one. :D

It was cool that they gave an option to have him holding the empty helmet... which I'm sure lots of people will use once they can replace the Sideshow head with the much better HT one. :D

The new Sideshow Lando head looked the best it has ever looked in that video - better than the proto. The appes looked a bit better and it didn't looks as vertically squeezed.

It's amazing to me that Sideshow made Lando's likeness look so easy ten years ago (brilliant likeness, even if it has other issues with paint, detail and size) yet here we are in 2020 and both Sideshow and HT have delivered pretty middling Lando likenesses, even if both heads are much better in terms of sculpt detail and paint apps.

The HT ESB Lando will obviously blow this new SSC Lando away in terms of ultra-real paint apps but I really don't think it's all that much better in terms of likeness. It's a common issue with HT figures - people are so won over by the super realistic apps they don't notice the middling (or some cases poor - I'm looking at you, HT old Ben) likeness.

Seems like the Facebook link has been removed. Weird that Sideshow isn?t making this video available even though the general response has been positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I took a few dozen screen captures, I'll post the better ones if the video doesn't reappear.

But yeah - it's weird - its gone from youtube as well.

Maybe they noticed the paint chip on the figure's face?

Man I missed it. Figured I would be able to catch it on YouTube later. They did something similar with the 1/6 comic Gambit. Except they never even made the video :lol they announced that it would get a unsealed and revealed look and then the post was gone a couple days before the Live.

I took a few dozen screen captures, I'll post the better ones if the video doesn't reappear.

But yeah - it's weird - its gone from youtube as well.

Maybe they noticed the paint chip on the figure's face?

Thanks for that. It would be nice to see those, especially if the video doesn?t get posted.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Video wasn't great quality so I have sharpened these a bit (right-click for huge versions).

50696811983_7c9cd24efa_o.png

50696807338_8ff2db3ee5_o.png

50696809018_2d1c9833cb_o.png

50696814463_445260f674_o.png

50697653362_51f115b5e5_o.png

50697657032_7612c938d2_o.png

How accurate are those white string shoulder armour straps ? I couldn't see those on a couple of movie stills ??

And is that chest armour correctly sized ?

How accurate are those white string shoulder armour straps ? I couldn't see those on a couple of movie stills ??

I think the armor size is correct or really close. I think the body it’s on may be a bit too wide though.

The shoulder strings are way too light. They should be a more reddish brown color.

I was pretty precise with my custom in terms of sizing and color of everything vs the costume - the Sideshow chest armor may be slightly small but not by much. I think Coco is right that the body is bit too wide and is making it look small. I've tried to match the size of the hands and the helmets in the comp pics below.

And yeah the shoulder armor strings should be very thin leather like on my custom (darker brown on top, pale reddish below.) I used real leather on mine though and my guess is Sideshow would have to use pleather and it wouldn't be durable enough over time so opted for string (not sure why it'd be white though.)

6cLQIoo.jpg

Back