Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Lando shows his face in the movie, does the jaw of the helmet move or is he moving the entire helmet?

The "jaw" is pulled down as the helmet remains static - the hero helmet version had the jaw made of a rubbery urethane for the reveal.

The "jaw" is pulled down as the helmet remains static - the hero helmet version had the jaw made of a rubbery urethane for the reveal.
I have seen this so many times and still I haven't caught that detail [emoji28]

Could have been a cool feature for the Sideshow release.

Arrived today! Just a couple of quick pics with Jabba. I?ll post some more later when I?ve had more time to pose (and dust the shelves!)
c8483a8f35a551da2da0af3c5f2029e5.jpg
ffe107c07634f3c9f8339d427620c600.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice shots, Robianco! Glad you posted the box shots too. I like Sideshow's slight variation on the standard formula with the art. And that pose is great, Coco!

Got him yesterday along with Qui-Gon. Some quick shots and first thoughts....

View attachment 503621

I can see why this one shot up to the top of some folks "best of" lists. I think it looks great.

View attachment 503622

The outfit and weapons are very good. The hands are very well done. really like the lighter palms, a very nice attention to detail.

View attachment 503623

I think the portrait is fine. It doesn't feature the HT stipple on the skin, but it's clean and sharp. The hair looks good except for some smooth glossy spots on the front where the bag might have rubbed against it when it was packed. Still, it conveys a good attitude. He wasn't the smooth talker when in disguise...he was a man on an infiltration mission to save a comrade. A relax or jovial expression would have looked out of place here.

View attachment 503624

I wish the tusks were pulled a little lower on the face to show the eyes more. I'm not bold enough to break the glue to move them down. So heating it might be enough? Hmmmm.
The white strings are odd, almost like an "oops!" with the material choice. Watching the skiff scene, the strips almost look like leather shoelaces on the costume, not white packing string. I will probably darken them at some point. Also great to have a solid base body...not floppy or loose.

All and all, I think he looks great. Really glad I got him. I hope Sideshow does more SW sixth-scale. I've been pleased with the ones I've picked up over the last few years.

As usual, your pics are great JB, I always look foward to them!

Thats the pose i have him in, I remember it so strikingly well from Rotj,I wanted to mimic that scene!

I remember the pose but stupid enough I didn't recall the jaw moving. Doesn't even make sense to me now if it wasn't, if the complete helmet would move his eyes would probably be covered by the top part of the helmet haha.

What a load of crap that Sideshow guy in the very first unboxing video said - the head inside the helmet is NOT designed to be removed so you can display the fig with an empty helmet. It's glued in there tight. Maybe that's the reason Sideshow pulled that video so fast. The face is also up against the helmet "jaw" pretty tight and the jaw's plastic is hard enough to scratch the face paint apps if you try to rock it back and forth to loosen.

And can't say I agree with people on the hands paint app on this figure - the skintone just seems a tad too dark for Lando. The back sides of the hands almost look like they have been finished with actual black spray paint.

The pants are also a little darker than I was expecting. The costume pants are somewhere between white and off-white, the figure pants are more of a beige.

The sandals/spats are really pretty cool and while you won't be mistaking the vibro blade weapon for real diecast metal, it doesn't look as plasticky as some had feared. The pole is a little thin but overall the weapon's really nicely detailed and the apps decent.

Yup definitely agree about the skin tone being too dark. And I have paint rubbing off on some of the knuckles too.

Yeah my open/grip hands have rubbing not on knuckles but visible on the hands too.

Sideshow has struggled with skintone for years though - Han and Luke Hoth were a strange, too-dark skintone, and TOD Indy also had quite dark skin.

One thing that I guess they simply couldn't pull off in 1/6 was the brown vest, which is meant to be a crinkled/baffled suede. They went with a slightly wavy fabric with painted lines that I guess suggests the effect.

Yeah I think the outfit really could have used that extra bit of texture. It's something I can live with, but I might check around for some better fabric anyway.

There is a type of fabric I've seen that does have the baffling (can't recall the type name, but there were maybe a dozen colors when I was looking for Tusken robe fabric) that you could maybe saturate with acrylic paint to get that suede effect.

I will likely redo some of the pleather parts (loin cloth flaps and cumberbund/straps) using real leather - I don't love the way they look and worry about how they will age. I noticed on a few pics that some faint lines are visible on the pleather parts under side lighting and my experience has shown that may mean it's going to be cracking in a year or two.

And re: the skintone, you can see that even Hasbro in multiple Lando Skiff figs went with a lighter skintone (though the one on the right is too light.) My custom Lando isn't as detailed/finished as the Sideshow, but I think the skintone on that looks closer to accurate.

RoqCACb.png

3Ib7GNN.jpg

Finally got around to displaying my Lando Skiff. I'm pretty happy with this one, other than a few things. I don't like the rubber neck, and the cream colored straps stick out like a sore thumb. I replaced the straps with a dark brown thread that I found to be very close to the factory straps.
I also heated up the head sculpt and pulled down the face guard so that you can see more of Lando's face. In my opinion it's a solid release, and fits in nicely with my collection.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2961.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2961.jpg
    398.7 KB
  • fullsizeoutput_2962.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2962.jpg
    377.4 KB
  • fullsizeoutput_2963.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2963.jpg
    418 KB
  • fullsizeoutput_2964.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2964.jpg
    278.7 KB
  • fullsizeoutput_2965.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2965.jpg
    515.2 KB
Finally got Lando out of the box this morning. It's a solid figure IMO. Definitely gives me all the retro kenner figure feels from back in the day! I took a few pics straight out of the box, at some more abstract angles for you guys. I hope you like them.IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg

My Lando arrived but haven't had a chance to open up yet. Maybe this weekend. I'll definitely be lowering the mask a bit. I am way more excited for this Lando than the Hot Toys. I'm not a big fan of Bespin Lando. As a child he was the evil villain that basically "killed" Han. To have that feeling for three years as a kid before RotJ redeemed him has left very Lukewarm feelings on that version. This version though, Lando was a hero.

My Lando arrived but haven't had a chance to open up yet. Maybe this weekend. I'll definitely be lowering the mask a bit. I am way more excited for this Lando than the Hot Toys. I'm not a big fan of Bespin Lando. As a child he was the evil villain that basically "killed" Han. To have that feeling for three years as a kid before RotJ redeemed him has left very Lukewarm feelings on that version. This version though, Lando was a hero.

He did literally nothing in the palace but stand back and watch (all right, he briefly comforts Leia with a glance) then on the Skiff he immediately got thrown over the side (after attacking a goon with his helmet) and somehow mysteriously loses his blaster without ever even drawing it, then finally had to get saved by a mostly-blind Han as he calls out "Help! Han! Chewy!".:dunno

Just sayin':lol

Interesting trivia: the stunt man playing Vedain (skiff driver) badly breaks his leg on-camera after he and Lando's stunt double fall over the side of the skiff.

He did literally nothing in the palace but stand back and watch (all right, he briefly comforts Leia with a glance) then on the Skiff he immediately got thrown over the side (after attacking a goon with his helmet) and somehow mysteriously loses his blaster without ever even drawing it, then finally had to get saved by a mostly-blind Han as he calls out "Help! Han! Chewy!".:dunno

Just sayin':lol

Interesting trivia: the stunt man playing Vedain (skiff driver) badly breaks his leg on-camera after he and Lando's stunt double fall over the side of the skiff.

You're arguing with child logic here :lol

Back