Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about the sound on R2! Hot Toys does have sound on Vader. If Hot Toys has sound, lights, and metal, aluminum, or diecast then I'm waiting. We should know soon I guess since some version of Luke has to be in the works. They have to release Leia or R2 around that time.

Waiting is not collecting. Those who wait are not collectors. :lecture Buy everything you like is my motto. Just don't tell my kids they're going to have to get jobs at 14. ;) (or sooner)

Gimmicks like sound are useless to me. Even the lights, I will turn on once, remove the batteries and forget about it. Lights are great for pictures and not much else. Sound is for pre-school giggles.

Die-cast R2 may be great. Anyway, for $150 this is a fantastic buy and I probably will not need another regardless.

Gimmicks like sound are useless to me. Even the lights, I will turn on once, remove the batteries and forget about it. Lights are great for pictures and not much else. Sound is for pre-school giggles.

Die-cast R2 may be great. Anyway, for $150 this is a fantastic buy and I probably will not need another regardless.

Right there with you on the lights thing.

From the pics so far, I'm pretty happy with what SSC is offering us here. I usually only get troopers & sith 1/6 figures, but R2 & Yoda are must haves in any Star Wars collection, so I do have one ordered.

Size comparison to the Tama's 3PO.

10933999_10155175322695232_7025587754268031905_n.jpg

Looks really nice. Can feel my resolve withering as I see more pictures and video with R2. Although I think an HT R2 is inevitable, this is just such a great figure for $130.00. There's room in most collections for a couple R2's, I think. Ideally I'd have one with Bespin Luke and one with the Tamashii 3PO. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really? I see.. well why aren't more folks customizing THAT mofo!!? :lol

Yeeeep. Coincidentally, I will be starting on that this weekend.:lol

I was in the process of throwing it away a few weeks ago and held it up and was like.... huh?! It puts the Medi and SSC Yodas to shame. It has really bad apps obviously.

Both Hasbro Yodas (another different sculpt came with the backpack) are decent sculpts with awful apps - though the backpack one has really weird teeth.

Hasbro wins... again.:lol

Can't wait to have R2 after all the images seen thus far.

That kind of attitude isn't welcome around these parts. Better throw some ridiculous comparison to the drake figure in and fire a few shots at Sideshow before anyone notices your optimism. :acme

That kind of attitude isn't welcome around these parts. Better throw some ridiculous comparison to the drake figure in and fire a few shots at Sideshow before anyone notices your optimism. :acme

R2's eye does look pretty wonky though.:horror

Back