Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y u no post pics.jpg

Words are my destroyer.

Unlikely claims are mine. Here in the country that first enshrined freedom of speech as fundamental law, we came to value supported assertions, and to disdain the arbitrary. Since the revolution in rational thought was primarily a feature of European intellectuals that did not filter down into the culture of the common man until it crossed the pond, I can understand where there might be an expectation back on the island for an uninhibited opinion to be sufficient when it came to saying something of value. We only recently began to place worth on opinion based on the sheer fact that it was vocalized (something learned from our less critical peers on the continent). Most of us still expect to be ridiculed for peddling horse****. Not sure why that never took hold in the Old World, personally. Always disappoints.

Last edited:
Unlikely claims are mine. Here in the country that first enshrined freedom of speech as fundamental law, we came to value supported assertions, and to disdain the arbitrary. Since the revolution in rational thought was primarily a feature on European intellectuals that did not filter down into the culture of the common man until it crossed the pond, I can understand where there might be an expectation back on the islands for an unihibited opinion to be sufficient when it came to saying something of value. We only recently began to place worth on opinions based on the shear fact that it was vocalized (something learned from our less critical peers on the continent). Most of us still expect to be ridiculed for peddling horse****. Not sure why that never took hold in the Old World, personally. Always disappoints.

Come hang down under with us convicts and gutter refuse of the old world. All we do is talk out our ****** and hang **** on people. It's a way of life and we're proud of it.

Agreed, personally I think overall people's expectations of figures in general is just to high

People said the same thing about the Probe Droid. It's my favourite piece and as close to perfect as we'll ever get for the price.

I remain sufficiently stoked for R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People said the same thing about the Probe Droid. It's my favourite piece and as close to perfect as we'll ever get for the price.

I remain sufficiently stoked for R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As am I. There have been two white box video reviews of this figure posted and not one mention of this being a fragile/poor quality figure. Yodasnews raved about it and in Sean's video everything looked very good. The biggest negative review of the figure comes from someone who does not show any pictures/video and has the means to receive a retail version before any other freak on this board weeks in advance. It doesn't add up. In one post Captain Britain is speaking that he "will be" selling this item to a friend, the next few posts he speaks of it as being already gone by speaking in past tense. HMMMM..... Wait till "in-hand" photos and reviews post. This droid is going to ROCK!

To be fair, those white-box "reviews" are more advertisement than review. They're decent overviews, but without any criticism and not having bought the figures themselves, I can't take them seriously.

To be fair, those white-box "reviews" are more advertisement than review. They're decent overviews, but without any criticism and not having bought the figures themselves, I can't take them seriously.

True, but they are still video so one can make their own assessment of what is being seen. The way Yodasnews is handling the droid, it's not as if he looks afraid he is going to break something. He opens every door with his fingernails :lol: My main point is, if you are trying to make a point about something the use of pictures and video help greatly in proving your point.

Back