Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Part of me wonders if you are lying and just looking for an excuse to complain about a Sideshow toy.

But then I realized no one can be that pathetic can they?

Yeah. No reason to get one of the first heard of retail versions and not post pics :cuckoo: Benefit of the doubt though.

No, people don't get it. They are tittle babies as The Nam used to call them. If they hate sideshow products so much why are they on the forum? Trolling?

Where did The Nam go? Did he get banned or something. I took almost a year break from this hobby until about a month ago. I don't remember seeing him posting since I've been back.

Where did The Nam go? Did he get banned or something. I took almost a year break from this hobby until about a month ago. I don't remember seeing him posting since I've been back.

Looks like he's posting infrequently, and mostly in Skiman's custom thread when he is active.

Just got my 7 days until shipping notice for R2 exclusive.

Wow had no idea this guy was shipping so soon, the dock strike is over! :yess: (It is, right?)

Anyone doing a pack out for this guy?

It likely deminsional weight not actual weight.
I think that's unlikely. The box for the Probe Droid is huge. Just difficult to imagine R2's box having a higher dimensional weight than that. Maybe the higher priced figures have a bit of padding in their regular price to offset shipping, whereas R2 reflects the true cost, since the price is already rock bottom? I don't think it's any kind of cash grab by SSC but I could see them not subsidizing shipping, like perhaps they do on the presumably higher margin figures. No idea really, but it's interesting to speculate what's behind seemingly arbitrary differences.

Edit: See Pix said pretty much the same thing, earlier...

Vader is only $10. Probe Droid is only $10. And those are heavier in actual weight and volumetric based on box size. Looks like they just decided not to go flat rate on R2 and scoop back a few bucks to offset his lower price.

It seems like other figures are shipping for higher prices too. Estimate for Rex is also $14 for me (R2 is $14.63). Superman is $18.63.
I guess we should be happy that when a figure like Vader and Probe Droid are $250, they give us a small break on shipping.

I'm really conflicted, I snagged an exclusive version at full price. Later added a regular when I had a coupon for $25 off. I really don't care much for the EX items and will probably never use them. Am I crazy to cancel the EX to save the money? Future resale is the only reason I can think to keep the EX...

I'm really conflicted, I snagged an exclusive version at full price. Later added a regular when I had a coupon for $25 off. I really don't care much for the EX items and will probably never use them. Am I crazy to cancel the EX to save the money? Future resale is the only reason I can think to keep the EX...
Don't think so. Cancel away if you don't care. There are so many trinkets already. I basically have the same problem, where I have the EX on order at full price, but know that i might possibly try and track down the exclusive items at some point if I opt for the regular with a coupon, cause I can get OCD, so I'm happy to eat the $20 and save any future hassle.

dang.... should i get this or wait for hot toys.......zzz

b769e5c99f9441e5bfd96687128eff71a75ba76a37fcd4193a5b3d109c107ec4.jpg

Or not.

Peoples complaining about shipping costs always makes me lolz.

Deja vu on the R2D2/C3PO Premium Format thread. People lost their poo in that thread over "plasticy R2", "cheap feeling R2", "R2 doesn't feel like a brick I can cave intruders heads in with". Then the cancellations and returns. Moron's. He looks freaking brilliant on a shelf as will this one. I just feel sorry for people who miss out and complain they don't have one in their collection over stuff that doesn't matter.

Issues with the dome, fine. Don't like the paint, fine. "Oh he feels light and fragile when I hold him in my hand", give me a break. :gah:

Last edited:
Issues with the dome, fine. Don't like the paint, fine. "Oh he feels light and fragile when I hold him in my hand", give me a break. :gah:

I long to hold Artoo's light and fragile body in my hand. :drool

Alas, no 7-day notice for me. My Flex still states 15th March. :impatient:

No, people don't get it. They are tittle babies as The Nam used to call them. If they hate sideshow products so much why are they on the forum? Trolling?

Listen son, you've been pretty aggressive towards me since I logged off last night, and while nothing would give me greater pleasure than to rip you a new one, I think I'd rather model some adult behaviour for you.

If you read what I wrote you'll see that I could not have been fairer towards this figure, short of pretending to like it. I was interested to read Pixelpiper's comments about the Probe droid seeming fragile but actually appearing to be durable. I was happy to concede that this might turn out the same way.

My subjective impression is that Sideshow have tried incredibly hard to make this a great figure and many or most people will love it; they've packed so many different features into it that it's pretty much definitive, and they've tried hard with the paint job. But I still thought - y'know, with my own free thoughts (are free minds allowed in your part of the world? We have a preference for them in the UK) - that it felt fragile, the paint job looked more fitting to a mass-produced item and in general I felt Sideshow had been overambitious.

Because I've got nothing but goodwill towards my fellow collectors I hope the item turns out to be more less fragile than it appears, although nothing will make it 'feel' more expensive - but then, the way something feels isn't important to every collector.

If you feel the need to make any further comments like those from last night then feel free to PM me. My door is always open to people like you.

Something i forgot - the holographic Leia has large breasts! Come on Sideshow, there are no breasts in outer space, as Carrie Fisher once said (they taped them down for Star Wars).

Back