Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, meant to ask, a few people have mentioned that SSC reveals their upcoming products before their 'official' reveal at SDCC. About how soon before SDCC does this generally happen?.

Usually the morning they set it up on the floor. So basically you end up looking at it on your phone and then going in to see it. It does take a lot out of the reveal for attendees, I will confess.

Wooooo $134.00 each! Wasn't expecting that! Wife no gon be happy...

Great mask! Here's mine:

88.jpg

I think the exclusive price is fair ($134)...
what exactly makes it an exclusive? Is it the rifle, or the extra gaffi/hockey stick?

With that being said... I think SSC is going to have to realize some of the prices are getting a bit too high for the 1:6 figures. Don't get me wrong I love what they're doing with the SW line. I just think they might be taking a little advantage of SW fans'/collectors' wallets.

Usually the morning they set it up on the floor. So basically you end up looking at it on your phone and then going in to see it. It does take a lot out of the reveal for attendees, I will confess.

Oh, I see. That is unfortunate. I was getting the impression that Sideshow announced some weeks in advance what they were going to be showing so the cat was out of the bag long before SDCC. Still, SDCC seems like it would be a blast, regardless, just to see everything live and experience the atmosphere. Definitely would like to make a point to go, one of these days.

In regards to the posts on the Godzilla Tusken Raider mask/outfit, amazing stuff. The creativity and resourcefulness of some of the fans is really something.

I think the exclusive price is fair ($134)...
what exactly makes it an exclusive? Is it the rifle, or the extra gaffi/hockey stick?

This one is the exclusive:

562427_10150682339284145_19004299144_9396647_559766337_n.jpg

With that being said... I think SSC is going to have to realize some of the prices are getting a bit too high for the 1:6 figures. Don't get me wrong I love what they're doing with the SW line. I just think they might be taking a little advantage of SW fans'/collectors' wallets.

No doubt this is an expensive hobby, but I remember looking at what Hasbro was releasing in the 12" line years ago, along with Sideshow's early efforts and I just wasn't interested because the quality and detail weren't there. I'd rather have a very limited collection of well done pieces than be a completist with a bunch of mediocre stuff. I think right now the price points are pretty close to what they should be for the characters they've done, given the detail and quality.

That said, I can see how after a while they're going to be pricing people out, especially if they release a lot of 'must have' stuff close together. I don't get the feeling that they're intentionally gouging collectors, though. I could be wrong about that but without knowing their internal metrics, it's really hard to say. I think it's more likely a bunch of fellow geeks taking advantage of the current pricing structure that HT pioneered to release stuff with more quality and detail than they would've been able to aim for previously.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say all the Hasbro 12" figures were mediocre (at the time of their release). A little tweaking and you can make a decent figure out of them.

In any case I need one of these figures. Knowing the regular version will come with the rifle and more popular gaffi stick is enough for me. I might skip the exclusive.

BTW studio creation does a pretty good looking 1:1 budget Raider. They also have step by step tutorials on how to build the entire outfit yourself.

Last edited:
awesome mask. did you make it yourself?

Thanks! Yes, I did. It comes as a kit. Heavy latex shell, lots of fabric to tear for the wrappings, metal attachments, lambskin and cowhide pieces.

I'm still glad to see this guy coming. Now bring on the rest of the Tatooine:

Jawas, Snaggletooth (both), Walrus Man and landspeeder

Still thinking about that damn dewback. :panic:

And give us a HT old Ben figure because he's always been one of my favorite OT characters.

Damn dewback is tempting! Definitely looking forward to some jawas with light-up eyes.

Darth Waller said:
And give us a HT old Ben figure because he's always been one of my favorite OT characters.

:exactly:

I think the price is on par, I want two, so was hoping for a few dollars less.
I wonder if the exclusive comes with all parts plus the rifle gaffi. Doesn't that make sense?
Oh and the dewback is monstrous...ly awesome!

Oh and SSs old been is plenty decent. Not sure if it's worth a $200 HT treatment, imho

The Exclusive does come with the three complete weapons. But I do wish Sideshow would have given us an accessories spread shot. I would like to see if there are other hands. I only see three. It looks like a single right and two lefts.

Looks like they cover the basics, though.

However, more hands would be cool.

Great mask! Here's mine:

88.jpg

Is that the Godzilla kit, Hedji? It really is gorgeous.

You know, old Ben was the first SS figure I bought and I had never even thought about changing him till recently when I swapped him over to a TT and replaced his hands with some of the newer style TT hands, gripping and relaxed. I'll be honest, if I took the time and money to track down a really top notch painter to re-do the paint apps it would easily be the best figure in my collection now... Just saying, you could do it with very little effort. :lecture

And get a Dewback for Christ's sake... sell some non-SW thing and get it over with. :lol

...But I do wish Sideshow would have given us an accessories spread shot. I would like to see if there are other hands. I only see three. It looks like a single right and two lefts.
If you look carefully at the Sideshow production blog photos, you'll see them numbered at the bottom. They only showed us 15, but the numbers go up to 25. That means there should be 10 more photos in the gallery when it's up for PO. Hopefully we'll see more hands, and a complete spread.

If you look carefully at the Sideshow production blog photos, you'll see them numbered at the bottom. They only showed us 15, but the numbers go up to 25. That means there should be 10 more photos in the gallery when it's up for PO. Hopefully we'll see more hands, and a complete spread.

Actually that number included the photos from Lady Death.

FLOSI: Yes, that's the Godzilla kit. Thanks! It's a fun and easy build.

Back