Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to your point Josh, I, like I'm sure so many other SW collectors, try to enjoy the figures. But its hard when it wont stand, or the hands are wayyy too big, or the eye brows are extra bushy painted, or the arms look like monkey arms, or the chin looks like a prize fighter's chin, or the armor won't stay in place, or the...well, you get the point.

OMG the hands are still too big??

And I agree with you on the they don't come from the same factory thing.This is why these figure's are having all the issues there having.I think that SS was just allowed to use HT's method's and HT had no hand in the thing at all.

Kinda of sucks for HT now though as there getting a bad rep with this collaberation.

I'm surprised nobody's done this yet since it's such a simple mod:

SoloDisguise.jpg

Luke is proving a bit of a nightmare though. I'm not sure which head to use, Moisture Farmer or Yavin (probably go with farmer). Additionally, which trooper is also problematic. Do I shorten the armored body, and if so, how? The armor may also need to be modified too. :( Or do I just roll with a Medicom and customize Luke's neck to fit that? :banghead

I'm surprised nobody's done this yet since it's such a simple mod:

SoloDisguise.jpg

Luke is proving a bit of a nightmare though. I'm not sure which head to use, Moisture Farmer or Yavin (probably go with farmer). Additionally, which trooper is also problematic. Do I shorten the armored body, and if so, how? The armor may also need to be modified too. :( Or do I just roll with a Medicom and customize Luke's neck to fit that? :banghead

Great pic. That's what I was waiting to see.

I'd go with Farmer Luke hands down. I got 2 troopers also to flank Vader and also double as Luke & Han ST. In the interest of symmetry for Vader I'm not going to attempt to alter the ST Luke height. If displayed together, I'll just fudge it by bending his knees.

Great pic. That's what I was waiting to see.

I'd go with Farmer Luke hands down. I got 2 troopers also to flank Vader and also double as Luke & Han ST. In the interest of symmetry for Vader I'm not going to attempt to alter the ST Luke height. If displayed together, I'll just fudge it by bending his knees.

I thought about that too, but I've picked up extras that will be dedicated to the disguised duo (plan to pose them with Leia). So it's a matter of tolerating the lack of height differential or going full boar and doing some kind of modification to the armored body/armor or headsculpt for the Medicom.

I just won one of these on Ebay from absolutecomicsandstatues..anyone delt with these guys? their feedback was kinda meh..$70 US but, since i am in Canada i will most likely be paying over $100 with shipping in CAN dollars blah.

I just won one of these on Ebay from absolutecomicsandstatues..anyone delt with these guys? their feedback was kinda meh..$70 US but, since i am in Canada i will most likely be paying over $100 with shipping in CAN dollars blah.

I got my Hot Toys V1 Joker from them. They're reputable.

I slapped these together last night, but wasn't all that happy with them. I hope SSC will put out updated versions with height accurate bodies and stemless heads (which would make for good TT kit-bashes with the Smuggler and Moisture Farmer outfits).

watermark.php

Back