Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I don't think I can read or look through ALL 137 pages, so can someone link me to a page where there is a comparison pic (if there is one) of the medicom and ss/ht version?

5.jpg

Krayt... this is beautiful! I got on the waitlist for this dude. I still say that it's a Stormtrooper, make him unlimited!

Those customs look good. I would think those would make good SDCC Ex. They can use the current sculpts as those both turned out quite well.

I slapped these together last night, but wasn't all that happy with them. I hope SSC will put out updated versions with height accurate bodies and stemless heads (which would make for good TT kit-bashes with the Smuggler and Moisture Farmer outfits).

watermark.php

Looks GREAT! Say, where'd you get the gun Han is holding? :D

Did you forget that HotToys co-engineered both the Hobbit AND armored bodies? That's why their logo is on the box for both. And how long has HT been using the TrueType design? Their first few offerings on that body had very similar QC issues and given they don't have the huge library of releases Sideshow does, that gives them more space between releases to fix things. I've seen improvements with both the armored body AND the Prometheus (both Sam and Frodo were from the same run of bodies so that doesn't really count) since they first hit the market. Improvement's forthcoming but I guarantee the same people whining about these issues would be impatiently whining more if Sideshow delayed the items considerably to fix all the issues. There has to be a balance between the two, which unfortunately means we're seeing little tweaks made here and there, but at least we're still getting our figures sooner than later.

Just because they share design and engineering doesn't mean they are produced from the same manufacturer:rolleyes: (Daimler and Chrysler seem to come to mind) One has nothing to do with the other. I never collected any of HTs early stuff, so I wouldn't know what types of issues they had. I was talking about MY HTs figs...not the ones you have or the ones anyone else bought. Just like I was talking about MY stormies. They are loose. That's a fact. Stating it and expecting better from SSC doesn't constitute whining. Its simply stating a fact. If yours and others are in good shape, then kudos to SSC for getting them out in good condition.

My preference would be to hold a product until you have it right. Afterall, three years of R&D was suppose to be that holding period. I waited like everyone else and like everyone else, wondered when they would finally pull the trigger. All the while buying EVERY SSC SW figure released up to now:chew. So if I get five of the new bodies (cause I count both sam and frodo seperately) and they all seem relatively loose and one so loose it won't stand on its own, I think I have a right to expect better. I'm a loyal customer (maybe even more so when it comes to SSC SW figs than you, but I can't substantiate that cause I don't know your collecting habits) that would like to have a figure stand when I pose it right out of the box. I do that with my Medi figs, I do it with my HTs figs and I've done it with many of my SSC figs...but not with this trooper and it certainly is difficult to pose the other pro's and armor figs I have from SSC.

Its too bad, is all. And it shouldn't be bad to say it.:cool:

It's funny how people say this after the fact when the initial post implies that the other companies can do no evil. Whatever....:rolleyes:

Could be... See my earlier comment about Olaf's comment.

Unfortunately, if you've seen the way the Stormy helmet is constructed, I'm betting that's for the Clone Troopers (possibly a Cody?! :D) or the Fetts. My money's on the latter though.

Just because they share design and engineering doesn't mean they are produced from the same manufacturer:rolleyes: (Daimler and Chrysler seem to come to mind) One has nothing to do with the other. I never collected any of HTs early stuff, so I wouldn't know what types of issues they had. I was talking about MY HTs figs...not the ones you have or the ones anyone else bought. Just like I was talking about MY stormies. They are loose. That's a fact. Stating it and expecting better from SSC doesn't constitute whining. Its simply stating a fact. If yours and others are in good shape, then kudos to SSC for getting them out in good condition.

My preference would be to hold a product until you have it right. Afterall, three years of R&D was suppose to be that holding period. I waited like everyone else and like everyone else, wondered when they would finally pull the trigger. All the while buying EVERY SSC SW figure released up to now:chew. So if I get five of the new bodies (cause I count both sam and frodo seperately) and they all seem relatively loose and one so loose it won't stand on its own, I think I have a right to expect better. I'm a loyal customer (maybe even more so when it comes to SSC SW figs than you, but I can't substantiate that cause I don't know your collecting habits) that would like to have a figure stand when I pose it right out of the box. I do that with my Medi figs, I do it with my HTs figs and I've done it with many of my SSC figs...but not with this trooper and it certainly is difficult to pose the other pro's and armor figs I have from SSC.

Its too bad, is all. And it shouldn't be bad to say it.:cool:

Hey, I've got an idea: Let's all start fighting again. :duh

I hate when the picture thread turns into another discussion thread.

More and more I am getting the feeling that when Sideshow does ROTJ Vader he will not be a reveal but will be three different head sculpts with pieces of his mask as accessories. Which is ok.. but there is a magic to a reveal that nothing else can compensate for.

Even for troopers. They are just cooler, to me, if I know there is someone's head under the helmet.

Hey, I've got an idea: Let's all start fighting again. :duh

I hate when the picture thread turns into another discussion thread.

For the sake of saving, I'll repost my pic from last night:

I'm surprised nobody's done this yet since it's such a simple mod:

SoloDisguise.jpg

Luke is proving a bit of a nightmare though. I'm not sure which head to use, Moisture Farmer or Yavin (probably go with farmer). Additionally, which trooper is also problematic. Do I shorten the armored body, and if so, how? The armor may also need to be modified too. :( Or do I just roll with a Medicom and customize Luke's neck to fit that? :banghead

More and more I am getting the feeling that when Sideshow does ROTJ Vader he will not be a reveal but will be three different head sculpts with pieces of his mask as accessories. Which is ok.. but there is a magic to a reveal that nothing else can compensate for.

Even for troopers. They are just cooler, to me, if I know there is someone's head under the helmet.

I'll take seperate heads and helmets.

Thank you, drive thru.

Lee in MI: I think you overlooking Nam's point, which I think was a valid one.

We can't expect SS to get it 100% right out of the gate. There are always bumps companies will run into on new product. Its as true for toys as it is for Computer software. When HT first releasesd the TT (which we all know now is one of the best bodies on the market - if not THE best) they had the same QC issues which the PRO and the armor body are having now.

Basically its unfair to compare a body that has been through the "trial by fire" so to speak with a body that is brand new and still needs to iron out the details.

Thats all he was saying.

Lee in MI: I think you overlooking Nam's point, which I think was a valid one.

We can't expect SS to get it 100% right out of the gate. There are always bumps companies will run into on new product. Its as true for toys as it is for Computer software. When HT first releasesd the TT (which we all know now is one of the best bodies on the market - if not THE best) they had the same QC issues which the PRO and the armor body are having now.

Basically its unfair to compare a body that has been through the "trial by fire" so to speak with a body that is brand new and still needs to iron out the details.

Thats all he was saying.

Ohhhh, I didn't quite read it like that. I guess it is an unfair comp....but stilll:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 for my poor stormies:monkey2

Back