Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good! Like others have said, hair needs to be trimmed and/or styled but overall seems to have survived production. Bodes well for Curry Pennywise.

Also, like others have said, it does suck that this costs so much yet comes with so little especially compared to the new HT figure.

Last edited:
Sideshow sculpt looks better, I like the Hot toys clothes.

I also like the Hot toys second sculpt... The first isn't Keaton.

But the second movie was meh, while the first was amazing... So Sideshow for me no doubt.

Definitely a big improvement over SSC BJ 1.0, but I'm noticing a pretty steep drop-off from that proto 😬
Yeah the likeness doesn't jump out to me nearly as strong, but I can't quite figure out why as the sculpt is the same and the paint doesn't seem any worse. Unless they just did a really good job lighting and photographing him before...

I know it’s 1/12 but Mezco just dropped their BJ and the accessories are extraordinary. Comes with the carousel head, extended hammer arms, even a light up tombstone. And a shrunken head as a bonus. Why can’t 6 scale companies do stuff like this? Mind blowing.

Last edited:
Think once people start tweaking it will look good, this was never gonna be a 10 out of 10 from the box. The price is definitely a tough pill to swallow especially after seeing what the HT one comes with. 😬

Little bit of colour added to hair and trim will make this pop a bit more.

Oof. Disappointing and also irritating that I’m likely going to lose my deposit. I should know by now not to trust Sideshow for a pre-order.

The lighting of the YT vid looks very high key. Zero contrast and shadows. The promo pics lean into the shadows, which accent and make the facial features look better. I think with the right lighting, it'll look almost exactly like the promo pics.

Okay, starting on a positive note:
- the box is awesome, what a fun idea to make it look like an old-school VHS tape!

That hair looks ridiculous...and right next to the poster to highlight the height difference. :lol

No futzing can fix that thing. I'm going to have to cut that hair if I want the perfect BJ.
Yeah that hair is pretty horrendous. Can’t even tell if I like the actual sculpt or not because I’m so distracted by that mane.

Wow, that hair is crazy and not in a good way - he looks like Tina Turner in Thunderdome

tina turner auntie entity GIF

Yeah, that hair kills it for me, the sculpt still looks good though - I imagine a third party company may recast it for their own offering.

Getting both. Amazing after years of nothing but the original “I can’t pose his head” release by SS I’m happy as a pig in 💩 to be up to my neck in Beetlejuice collectibles especially in 1/6. Because after the new movie wanes he will slip back into that little niche he’s lived in for decades and we won’t see nothing for quite awhile. Or until someone says his name three times.
I know, and now we're getting figures from multiple companies in different scales.

I get the feeling this film is going to make a lot of money, so we might get a third one in a few years....then he'll be gone for good... until the reboot. :lol

Same - gonna make hay while the sun shines and get a few different BJs for the collection.
One of my all-time favourite characters and films, so I am really happy to have all this Beetlejuice merch, kind of hoping for a Prime 1 mixed media statue.

I think I'm leaning towards the Hot Toys figure in 1/6 scale - its by far the better value for money package, the tailoring and weathering/staining on the clothes is superior, the accessories are great and at the eye popping sculpt is awesome.
What we all need to do is email/message/spam Hot Toys with demands for improvements to the "normal" head sculpt and with recommendations on how to improve the likeness.

Yeah , that's a hard no, looks like a 150 figure.
Neck is all wrong. Clothing looks cheap, hair is an abomination.

If this were a Premier Toy I would expect to have to put in some hours getting it to look correct.....but at that price, it's too much to have to fix and it doesn't come with anything......

I mean tbf they've definitely improved from this joke of a figure! Ironically everyone is now trying to sell this. 😂

I wonder if we could get a company to offer a tux to change up the look.

1000043144.jpg
1000043143.jpg

Back