Sideshow Cad Bane The Clone Wars Animated 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just delivered. I’m on my way out and will try to take some good pics soon!
IMG_3708.jpeg

I'm glad to finally have Cad Bane Animated in hand. It looks great, paint apps are done pretty well and the figure's overall presence is striking, looking just like the CG version it's supposed to be.
  • The Hat is a thin hard resin/plastic. In fact, it feels like a 3D Print and possibly a bit fragile. If you've held a 3D print in your hands before (especially fine plastic detail as Shapeways used to create), you'll know what I mean. It does NOT fit on the Hot Toys figure. HT is huge compared to the Sideshow figure.
  • There are a LOT of thin pleather and suede straps. This scares me and will probably need replacing 5-10 years in the future, if not sooner. Pose and quit. Some of the design decisions are puzzling. Little pointy buttons in the back of the belt point towards the pleather hoster belt. There could have been an easier and cheaper way to do this. The outer holster housing are plastic, glued to the pleather holster belt (shudder).
  • The pouch is a very, VERY thin suede material and looks really nice...but its longevity is a mystery.
  • The arms can't be posed flush with his sides. The clothing hinders the articulation a bit, but tweaking the pose will make him look just fine.
  • The hands are awesome!
  • The body...oh, that crappy Sideshow body. Besides the shins ending in a ball joint to connect the boots, the formula is the same. The gauntlets feel like there are attached to the forearm like Obi and Ani's gauntlets where. Be carful. The tiny spikes are very thin. I can feel that the waist joint is the same as the Obi and Anakin bodies. It bends the same. If it is the same brittle plastic, the clothing is keeping it together and I have not tried to bend is further to feel it break. The gauntlets would have to be heated up and removed before you could take the coat off and undress the figure to take a closer look and/or replace with a custom body (something I would like to to if I ever get ahold of a 2nd figure, but most likely, I'll just keep this one as is).
  • The tailoring is very nice, but again, the use of thin pleather has me concerned.
  • Todo's arms and legs are very fragile. Pose them by holding them at the ball joint. Knees and elbow are not articulated (just like Hot Toys). It is the same size as the HT version, but more fragile over all.
I do hope they continue the line, but address sustainability and body quality.
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
img_3766-jpeg.732178
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3773.jpeg
IMG_3775.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3766.jpeg
    IMG_3766.jpeg
    3.5 MB
Nice. Thanks for this.

He looks the best out of Sideshow’s TCW offerings but naturally suffers from the same lazy cost cutting and design choices that completely forgo any concern for longevity. Standard Sideshow.

Luckily, I only need this to survive one round of posing before he joins the rest of the cast to never be handled again.

Back