Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h49w5.jpg

In every version of the film, the coat was primarily brown on screen. Folks can dispute this all they want - it only takes viewing the film to prove it, something the blue-camp will never do.

I've watched Empire twice in the last two weeks and on each showing it was blue.

It is blue

It is blue

It is blue

It is blue

blue

blue

blue

I mean, come on, let's be grown up about this.

I don't really care about the stills and argument's. I know the prop was brown, but to me, the coat has always looked blue most of the time and still does in the official releases. That's good enough for me. I'll pick up a parted out brown coat and have the best of both worlds.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JJ would probably do something lame like have a shot where you can see Han's "blue" parka hanging in the closet in the background.

But due to excessive lens flare fans will be debating for years to come exactly what colour the coat in the closest actually was!

Old Man Hoth outfit is black..... therefore adding to the mystery.... was the brown/blue parka really black all along????

Is it dark brown.... is it dark navy..... is it black-gray..... or gray-black.....?

I looked at four versions of ESB today...and in each case the coat was brown. :dunno

They varied in shade slightly, but it was always brown unless portrayed in extreme cold, or Han moved under blue lighting.

2004 Special Edition

2006 Original Theatrical – without digital restoration, sourced from the 1993 Definitive Edition Laserdisc Master

2011 Blu-ray Special Edition

2014 Harmy's 2.0 Blu-ray

Because I thought it was blue for so long, and because I like blue, I ordered both versions at the same time.

Hard to believe that's over a year ago now!

This is my favourite iteration of Han, and ESB is my favourite of the films.

Back