Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the BEST ad Sideshow has ever done.

It's a bit more grindhouse than retro toy commercial.

On that note The Man Behind The Mask's, War of the Stars (Grindhouse edit), was taken down from his own site long ago. While I downloaded a copy along with his silent serial edits, I thought they'd gone from the net for good - but nothing's ever truly gone:

Last edited:
Labria will be worth a fortune in 20 years.

Oh wait, in 20 years, no one will collect hard 1/6th figures. Holographic figures you store in the cloud will be the rage...
Yeah, like the stupid "virtual" digital cards rage they sell online. All of it! Ridiculous!

It is funny to see a retro-Kenner commercial for five figs that will set you back the better part of $1,500 if you "collect them all." :lol Back in the day you could collect all 92 Kenner figs for the price of just one of these figs.:rotfl

But great to see, I am leaning toward getting all these even if I'm still not hugely excited about Labria and not sure I need Garindan (I have a custom that looks about 3/4 as good as this one, and it's a simple fig to be paying $270 for.)

It's a teary-eyed joy to see SSC back in their wheelhouse and just seeing cantina and jabba goons en-masse (as I said, it's one of the most shocking 1/6 moments of the past 15 years to see them all drop.) Even if there's a lot of things that bug me about the figs: the strange sculpted fur on Walrusman's face that looks like spaghetti, the goofy expression and slightly off likeness for Evazan and the lines/ribbing on Greedo's jumpsuit being much too numerous/narrow and the Greedo belt being accurate to a videogame and older Hasbro figure rather than the movie.

But it's the return of the old days of Sideshow, and that was always a mix of good and bad (and as the years went on, a black eye on price too like these are.)

Yeah, fun vintage style commercial and character theme, figures (though over priced) look terrific.
1:6 SW needed a OT shot in the arm to bring some life back into it, and this might be it. :wink1:

Curious how far this might go into Cantina extras?
And hopefully Jabba's Palace and Skiff goons?

Last edited:
Yeah, fun vintage style commercial and character theme, figures (though over priced) look terrific.
1:6 SW needed a OT shot in the arm to bring some life back into it, and this might be it. :wink1:
Yup, But they still cannot afford to make these any less than stellar releases and Walrusman is indeed missing a severed arm...

Would've guessed Evazan would be next but excited to see them moving the line forward quickly. Anxious to get a peek at their Jabba's Palace offerings...

Back