Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that [Hammerhead] likely has the same re-manufacture issues as the old Gammy (which has a unique body and exposed arms/legs like Hammy) - there are legs and arms to re-engineer to fit any updated body so it was likely too expensive to do. As a bestseller, you'd think Hammy would be a really obvious one to do over Labria and Garindan, just like Gammy over Barada or Klaatu Skiff.
As much as I'd like to believe Sideshow wants to avoid repeating themselves you're likely 100% right about Hammerhead (and the Gamorreans). Garindan makes alot of sense though since he is actually acting and moving plot while Labria has his own fullscreen Cantina closeup. Also they're both previously unreleased and pretty easy to sculpt and build. I guess we'll also never see a 1/6 Muftak or Wolfman because fabric fur is too cost prohibitive as well, not to mention the fact that the special edition replaced the closeups of both Wolfmen with completely forgetable CGI abominations...

Agree, For the Cantina he's my personal favorite together with "Spiderbear", or as he's officially known [Checks Wookieepedia] Muftak...
I've seen a custom Muftak over the years but a production Muftak would be amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of Labria (always looked too obviously like a re-used horror mask) but there's a part of me feels like I have to get them all, even Evazan which I think likeness is a bit off even if incredibly well sculpted and painted.

Still can't believe SSC announced all these figures - just mind-blowing. Wondering what the first two Jabba goons put up for PO wil be.

Yet I have concerns if PO's for Greedo and Walrusman aren't enough (possible - there's been a ton of "ugh/haha, it's Sideshow" comments here and on YT) that some of these previewed/teased figs, maybe most of the Jabba goons, will never go up for PO.

I've seen a custom Muftak over the years but a production Muftak would be amazing.
Yeah, The only furry creature I'd rather have is Tooth Face, since he'd go on display in my Jabba setup...
I'm not a huge fan of Labria (always looked too obviously like a re-used horror mask) but there's a part of me feels like I have to get them all, even Evazan which I think likeness is a bit off even if incredibly well sculpted and painted.
Agree about Labria, He never was a favorite of mine but I still believe the sculpt for the figure is pretty spot-on. Evazan should have his mouth more closed up. That expression doesn't look "natural" to me...
Still can't believe SSC announced all these figures - just mind-blowing. Wondering what the first two Jabba goons put up for PO wil be.
I would think Fortuna is the first since he is virtually the Greedo of ROTJ. Maybe the new sculpt also warrants an upgrade for people who already own v.1. Number two is anyone's guess, maybe Weequay?...

Yet I have concerns if PO's for Greedo and Walrusman aren't enough (possible - there's been a ton of "ugh/haha, it's Sideshow" comments here and on YT) that some of these previewed/teased figs, maybe most of the Jabba goons, will never go up for PO.
Yeah, I love the OT and have the Greedo 1.0 (and the Hasbro Ponda Baba as a surprisingly viable stand-in) so I'm on the fence because of the $280 price tag. I want to support it to get the others made but $600 to upgrade a couple of cantina characters? Oof.

There's some great Ponda Baba customs out there, but the out-of-the-box Hasbro Ponda needs some work...

20230528_134557__29913.jpg

There's some great Ponda Baba customs out there, but the out-of-the-box Hasbro Ponda needs some work...

View attachment 722724
All of those pleather jackets have now gone off. It's one of the fears I have for this SSC Ponda - is the jacket pleater? In close ups it seems maybe not, but not 100% sure. Even though SSC pleather has about double the life of HT pleather.

Sideshow's clock is ticking down towards the cut off for exclusives, and Kit's still not had any news about them. :panic:

It could be Sideshow's ploy to hold off supplying details to Chinese distribution until after the time's run out, to encourage people to jump in and order direct so they maximise profits?

I don't know what's the hold up with Asian sellers but EU based "La Cité des Nuages" have Greedo listed at €317 and Ponda Baba at €307.

I don't know what's the hold up with Asian sellers but EU based "La Cité des Nuages" have Greedo listed at €317 and Ponda Baba at €307.

It is weird. I've run a few searches over the past few days and seen shops in the US, UK, EU and Australia with listings, yet nothing in Asia. :unsure:

It's a game of chicken, but when the time's almost out I'll have to get the Greedo Ex from Sideshow.

Best current alternative for the Regular is Collectibles Direct: £275 including delivery, and I still have a few £ in reward points with them from orders years ago.

I'm afraid Exclusive will only be available thru Sideshow anyway. Even though Kit managed to get a few Hot Toys exclusives lately, i don't see him having a chance at Sideshow's.

I'm afraid Exclusive will only be available thru Sideshow anyway. Even though Kit managed to get a few Hot Toys exclusives lately, i don't see him having a chance at Sideshow's.

What I meant was if Kit doesn't get the Regulars I'll order the Ex from Sideshow.

Greedo's Ex is only a glass and hand so I'd rather get a Regular from Kit which should work out a lot cheaper. If he doesn't get them I might as well get the Ex from Sideshow because their price is comparable to everyone else so far anyway.

If you want a deep dive into the dive bar now known as Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, this is an interesting series that's recently finished uploading all it's planned episodes:

Back