Sideshow: The Lost Boys - David 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had no idea this even existed until today! Surprised there isn't more fanfare. Looks pretty good to me, but I would like to see some in-hand shots.

Not sure if this is useful at all, but I always find this helps me with my 'acceptance' of Sideshow figures: I choose to view them as their own interpretation of said character, rather than a Hot Toys/museum-level 1:1 likeness.

(That's right across the board, from their Michael Myers through Ash from Evil Dead to Jack Burton - they're not quite a caricature-level of extremity, but definitely more like an "artist's interpretation". If you're cool with that, I think you'll be happy. That mindset has worked for me!)

That's a good way to put it and I think I'm ok with that. What's really selling me here is the ability to pose him sitting with the Chinese box. That makes it a unique piece, IMO. I hate museum poses and not really so much into heavy action, either. I like displaying figure in casual, but relaxed poses and this fits that bill perfectly.

Unfortunately, this will be a train wreck. Sideshow always is , especially with humans.

The fact these photos are using specific lighting that would never be used in the real world, plus the VERY obvious photoshopping , make this an obvious SSC products that will disappoint like most.

It's been a while. I know SS were never as good as HT became and are, but I don't remember things going so south from proto to production. Can someone gimme an example with a pics of something?

It's been a while. I know SS were never as good as HT became and are, but I don't remember things going so south from proto to production. Can someone gimme an example with a pics of something?
I'm not sure that's entirely possible. It's not 2015 anymore, but people have gotten so used to saying that kind of thing, that they'll keep saying it, even when that appears to be no longer the case. I don't own any of Sideshow's Clint Eastwood figures (still holding out for the Stranger from High Plains Drifter to be announced), but from the reviews I've seen, they haven't had any significant drops in quality between proto and production.

Understood lol. I had a feeling it was something like that. Well, hopefully this is the release that proves the naysayers wrong. I’m gonna go ahead and PO and hope for the best.

Not sure if this is useful at all, but I always find this helps me with my 'acceptance' of Sideshow figures: I choose to view them as their own interpretation of said character, rather than a Hot Toys/museum-level 1:1 likeness.

(That's right across the board, from their Michael Myers through Ash from Evil Dead to Jack Burton - they're not quite a caricature-level of extremity, but definitely more like an "artist's interpretation". If you're cool with that, I think you'll be happy. That mindset has worked for me!)
I view them as if Sideshow gave an image of the intended character to some school kids in art class and said ‘draw this guy’ then based the figure off of the results.

Understood lol. I had a feeling it was something like that. Well, hopefully this is the release that proves the naysayers wrong. I’m gonna go ahead and PO and hope for the best.
I would have thought any of the Clint Eastwood figures might have done that, but they didn't, and this won't either. People get so used to ****ting on Sideshow that they overlook when they improve or do something innovative.
I wasn't happy with the skintone getting grayer during production on their most recent sixth scale Joker from five or so years ago (the most recent Sideshow 1/6 figure I do own), nor was I happy about his suit turning more magenta, but it would be misleading if I left it there and didn't say that the paint itself is really good, the sculpt itself was still really good, the tailoring itself was significantly better than what I'd seen from them in the past, the accessories were of a better quality than what I'd seen from them in the past, and the unique serpentine torso they developed for the body is really quite something and allows for some Marilyn Manson-eque posing perfect for the character.

Back