Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that was the excuse SS came up with when they let everyone know about taking away the feature.

Ah... ok. Well I trust my brother's judgement on these sorts of things... if he says no go so be it. Stunning piece regardless... saw it in person at SDCC... made me get the PF GL and this :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think someone also said that the wiring was visible through the base which was another reason why they put the kibosh on it. GL could get away with it because his base was so dark that you'd never see it.

^ yeah that's what I meant by "ugly" not the light up feature but the mechanism within the base would've made it look less awesome [visible wires etc] ... that's what I interpreted when CAHobbit discussed why it was canned.

I've gotten over Sinestro's lack of lighting - although Green Lantern's kicks all manner of @$$. And this from a guy who typically dismisses lights as a gimmick. I think Sinestro's amazing sculpt can stand on its own merits.

HOWEVER, I really hope we see a continuation of these GL universe characters. Carol Ferris Star Sapphire and GL Guy Gardner would be my personal two picks, but I'd go for Atrocitus and Saint Walker also.

I think they might have been able to get away with a light in the base for the lantern but I'm not 100% sure as I'm just going by the pics on the site but they most definitely wouldn't have been able to pull off the lighting up of his ring as the wiring would of been completely visible since his base isn't just a big solid piece of rock. Almost disappointing as not only would it have been cool and in the same style as GL but just imagine if they had been able to make his irises glow as well....would have been awesome.

glowing iris would be sick. Man I am trying so hard not to cancel this guy. I love the sculpt and character but his height is really stressing me out in terms of my collection space. Since SS has decided to make all their DC PF's ridiculously tall I have been modifying my Bestas. Hal is in a small cube and I don't know where Sinestro would go :gah:

I'm going to display my Sinestro in a Detolf, I think it will fit in a besta with just the hand.

I have a nice Green Lantern display building up.

Wonder if we get a blue veriant? Since SS are knocking them out these days.

Really hopping for more GL!

Both statues have sold or more or less so I'd say its likely that we'll see more GL characters before long.

If I had to put money down on the next pieces, I would say Star Sapphire and John Stewart would be guaranteed bets. As for the not so guaranteed, Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Kilowog, and a coin toss between Guy Gardner and Kyle Raynor. I'm not entirely sure which of the two is more popular. I'd prefer Guy as he's my favourite GL. As for the less likely, I would say Black Hand, Larfleeze, and maybe Arkillo or Bleez.

I'm sure classic sinestro would be doable but they'd have to take some creative liberties as it looks like the sinestro corps symbol is sculpted onto his chest whereas the classic has no symbol at all.

Both statues have sold or more or less so I'd say its likely that we'll see more GL characters before long.

If I had to put money down on the next pieces, I would say Star Sapphire and John Stewart would be guaranteed bets. As for the not so guaranteed, Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Kilowog, and a coin toss between Guy Gardner and Kyle Raynor. I'm not entirely sure which of the two is more popular. I'd prefer Guy as he's my favourite GL. As for the less likely, I would say Black Hand, Larfleeze, and maybe Arkillo or Bleez.

I'm sure classic sinestro would be doable but they'd have to take some creative liberties as it looks like the sinestro corps symbol is sculpted onto his chest whereas the classic has no symbol at all.

Real question would be if Guy would be portrayed as a Red Lantern or not since that's who he's hanging with now. :x
I'd love a Larfleeze or Saint Walker PF.

If I had to put money down on the next pieces, I would say Star Sapphire

Just curious, but does this mean 1000 total, with 500 of them being EX, or does it mean 1500 total?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-sinestro-sideshow-collectibles-3002171/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-sinestro-sideshow-collectibles-300217/

I agree, I'd be surprised if SS passes up doing a female character in this collection. I just hope they ease up on the Jessica Rabbit proportions so I don't end up with giant purple versions of Power Girl's, well, you know :)

Just curious, but does this mean 1000 total, with 500 of them being EX, or does it mean 1500 total?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-sinestro-sideshow-collectibles-3002171/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-sinestro-sideshow-collectibles-300217/

I agree, I'd be surprised if SS passes up doing a female character in this collection. I just hope they ease up on the Jessica Rabbit proportions so I don't end up with giant purple versions of Power Girl's, well, you know :)

1500 total, 500 EX 1000 reg.

I'd say they would do a GL Guy and Kyle as for the most part, that's what most fans remember them as. However, maybe sideshow would give us a red lantern guy and white lantern Kyle. Guy would be so much easier to do size wise than atrocitus and they'd be giving us members of different corps instead of giving us 4 GL's.

Back