Skiman's Workshop (KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN WIP) [*** COMMISSIONS CLOSED ***]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skiman's Custom Work and Kitbash/Sculpting

BTW, I loved the video too. Not sure if you ever got credit for that but it sure is cool to see your mini-story all put to music... So damn cool!

Thanks again sir, yea it was fun being 8 years old again :lol only on a larger scale :rock

I had that type of music in my head the whole time while thinking about doing the video, I never would of thought it would of worked out so well along with the theme and vibe it gave off.

I think I had some Freaks wanting to break stuff after watching the vid :lol

How did you hinge the wings, BTW?

They are pieces of sawed off oak wood with hinges (jewelry box hinges) bolted to create four points are articulation. It then has Firmo sculpey on top to create the texture and what you see painted.

The whole setup is basically strapped to his torso with some strong elastic, that stuff just doesn't budge the way I have it crisscrossed around the chest and abdomen.

Well some people make it look hard by not explaining how they do things etc, you don't though, which is what I like man!

IMG_6543.jpg

Dude, those all look great!

Very cool and inspiring work ski!

Well some people make it look hard by not explaining how they do things etc, you don't though, which is what I like man!

I like to break things down and I always loved taking progress pics of my stuff, really there isn't too many secrets whenever it comes to this stuff.

Just being creative, the know how and yes I assume some talent but it all can be worked little by little and the more we practice the better we get IMO. I guess that sort of goes with anything though :hi5:

Just being creative, the know how and yes I assume some talent but it all can be worked little by little and the more we practice the better we get IMO. I guess that sort of goes with anything though :hi5:
Yep. It's good to be creative! I'd like to think i'm getting better the more I go along, i'm definitely looking at stuff thinking "I can do that, make it myself if I have to" instead of "i'll never do that, too hard!"

IMG_6543.jpg

Dude, those all look great!

Thank you sir, I'll have to get around to taking more group shots, my Cobra army is building up :lol

Yep. It's good to be creative! I'd like to think i'm getting better the more I go along, i'm definitely looking at stuff thinking "I can do that, make it myself if I have to" instead of "i'll never do that, too hard!"

Most definitely, I know it's scary to wipe a head sculpt and start from scratch but you only get better on painting heads by painting tons of them, even if they are just dummy heads.

Same kind of goes with sculpting, I probably spent a whole Sunday on my first head, now if possible it's just a couple hours for me to whip up a standard head, if there's likeness I'll be more precise and study several pics of the person and different angles but if it's someone from my imagination or just a look I'm going for on the character it's way easier.

If I can help any with anything just give me a holler or PM me and I'll pass anything along that could help you.

Most definitely, I know it's scary to wipe a head sculpt and start from scratch but you only get better on painting heads by painting tons of them, even if they are just dummy heads.

Same kind of goes with sculpting, I probably spent a whole Sunday on my first head, now if possible it's just a couple hours for me to whip up a standard head, if there's likeness I'll be more precise and study several pics of the person and different angles but if it's someone from my imagination or just a look I'm going for on the character it's way easier.

If I can help any with anything just give me a holler or PM me and I'll pass anything along that could help you.

Haven't sculpted a head yet personally, not even tried actually! I just know I won't have the patience to keep at it :lol I bet it's great knowing you can whip up a headsculpt of one of your favourite characters.

I definitely like painting, though. I used to touch up stuff but now i'm painting full models and stuff like that. I may buy some blank heads off ebay just to practice on! I think i'd be good with the right teaching. It's patience again though, I rush things :lol

Same goes for you mate though it looks like you don't need much help! :lol

Good grief, he's a giant! :google

:rock :rock Yep, that's the one I was talking about before! :exactly:

EPIC. :lecture

...and scary! :panic:

Love the outdoor pics. I didn't notice the jewel hanging below his chest until you took him outside!

I'm glad you like the pics there Mag, I put that one of Pythona in there for yah because I knew you like it. Check her out as well with the GI JOE stories, she's got a awesome story as well.

Here's pic from the cartoon.

picture.php

Cobra-La citizens, Pythona in particular, use several unnamed weapons, including a starfish like creature which is thrown at targets and then constricts it's tentacles. Another is a small, formless, green object that, when squeezed, emits some sort of knockout gas, a creature the appears to be an actual starfish that is thrown like a shuriken, and a creature that looks to be four snakes joined in a cross shape at their center, which is immune or highly resistant to electricity and is capable of chewing through metals. The Cobra-La royal guards are shown to use a single weapon; a large golden scimitar, which is highly curved on one edge, and serrated on another. Cobra-La also has a small, hand held plant that emits a white mist which is capable of causing temporary blindness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra-La

Haven't sculpted a head yet personally, not even tried actually! I just know I won't have the patience to keep at it :lol I bet it's great knowing you can whip up a headsculpt of one of your favourite characters.

I definitely like painting, though. I used to touch up stuff but now i'm painting full models and stuff like that. I may buy some blank heads off ebay just to practice on! I think i'd be good with the right teaching. It's patience again though, I rush things :lol

Same goes for you mate though it looks like you don't need much help! :lol

I appreciate that Platty, yes it does take patience and sometimes it's really frustrating to spend hours on a sculpt and then figure out that it's been goofed and you have to start all over again, believe me that is NOT fun!

Just practice and repetition is all I can say for sculpting heads, learning to paint is a whole nother realm that I'm trying to get better at as well.

Dig the drive! He never gives up, he never says die!

Truely inspirational, Ski! :rock2

Dig the drive! He never gives up, he never says die!

Truely inspirational, Ski! :rock2

Thank you MANDO, I do appreciate that a lot :bow

This custom even though being G.I. JOE does open my eyes to want could be down the road for others as well, I really starting laughing last night while suiting up the body as I thought of........

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"

the_running_man_lg_239.jpg

awesine work ski! been following this project for awhile and it's great to see them finally. awesome!

Back