SlyStalloneshop 1/6 Rocky Balboa “Loan Shark” version is out apparently…

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this figure basically a refined version of the Kaustik Plastik kit from a few years ago?

I recall it being unlicensed and the kit (with the clothes & headsculpt) came in small box - the body was separate.

Just got mine this afternoon. He's great.

Jacket and Shirt:
The t-shirt sleeves were easy to pull forward with some tweezers under his jacket as its a very stretchy elastic material which helps to hide the wrist pegs and looks nice. The jacket material seems nicer than some Hot Toys pleather but still has me concerned. I'm over owning figures with pleather costumes and getting to my final few figures that contain it. I'm gonna start purging many of them in the near future even though none of mine has started to flake yet due to the climate/temp here in NY. I've had the DX13 since 2018 and he hasn't managed to start flaking yet; but I've also treated his outfit twice with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Sculpts:
Both hatted sculpts are very similar and by similar I mean almost identical. One sculpt looks slightly off to the side and maybe has a slightly more open mouth but honestly it really does appear to be the same sculpt when checking the details of the lips, eyebrows, and hair closely. For the price They should have just included moveable eyes.

The no hat sculpt doesn't really do it for me. It looks like Stallone and it looks good but I dunno, just something about it. I know a lot of people love it but I don't see myself displaying him with that sculpt on. Maybe it'll grow on me but right now its just "eh"

Wrist Pegs:
The wrist pegs are a dream when compared to Hot Toys and Inart. I really can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the simple ability to just change hands without putting enormous pressure both pulling the hands out and pushing them back in or needing to pull out the hair dryer. Each time I change the hands on many of my Hot Toys and ESPECIALLY INART figures its extremely frustrating and worrisome because of the pressure I need to apply on the costume material. When the material is fabric it can tend to get pilled, worn, and wrinked; When it's pleather its a total nightmare as you're stretching, irritating, and getting oils from your skin into that really delicate material. Again, not to sound like a broken record, but cheap perishable materials like that should not be used in items that cost this much money.

The body:
The body is a typical Stallone shop body which are heavy and feel quality but have limited movement due to having no double jointed elbows. Most of the body feels very solid and stiff to move which I like in a figure. The more loose a body comes out of the box, the more worrisome I get about it holding up over time (like the sideshow Freddy and Jason bodies which literally slump forward the moment you touch them. They might as well be ragdolls). The ankles pivot which is nice but as @TheClipperKing said the shoes on this figure and Cobra do look a little goofy even if they are accurate to the film. There's something about the shape/size/material that comes off like he's wearing tiny women's shoes or something, lol. A bit doll-like.

@TheClipperKing also stated the ankle joints are a bit loose. They are a bit loose but my copy isn't that bad. INART Harry Potter is way worse. That said, would I trust him on the base if you live in a home with floors that aren't super solid? Probably not. My figure feels pretty solid while standing up but I just still haven't came across a 1/6 figure that uses a magnetic base where the pegs were solid enough to make me feel secure about it long term. My figures are currently displayed in a bedroom on the second floor of a home with some pretty old flooring where if I'm walking briskly through the room stuff can tend to rattle/shake a bit. For pictures the base will be awesome; but for long term display I'll have a black crotch grabber under him most likely.

Base:
The base is light weight, cheap plastic, and has decent but basic paint job. There's magnets which do the job holding him up pretty good and overall I think this base adds a lot to the figure and can be used with most figures to make for a cool display or pictures. I dig it.

Accessories:
We got the ball, pencil, turtles, turtle tank, pad, and extra hat. They're fine - I don't see much use for the turtles honestly but maybe I can incorporate them into scenes in certain displays or something. Would of been cool if the book was openable like the INART books for the price point but it does it's job fine. It's no rambo in terms of accessories but there's nothing else you really need for this version of his character.

Dog:
Dog is dog. It's fine. Basic paint no articulation. Basic 1/6 dog.

Conclusion:
Is the figure overpriced? Yes.
Is it the best looking licensed Stallone figure? Yes.
Am I happy? Yes.

d253e866-f8bf-4ba7-8f19-7bfabb3b25d6.jpg

576f4b56-b58b-46e8-bf69-924cf03f768e.jpg

b617c45e-7c48-40ae-978c-cd3bed812669.jpg

13c9cc03-5f30-45d2-9e71-9943aeb489bf.jpg

9b66d464-b46a-477e-bf2c-d7563e3eb93a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very tempted to take the non-hat headsculpt and put together my own Underdog version instead of spending $275 on that one.
I used one of the spare hatted sculpts to swap out on the Rocky 2 Star Ace figure.

Star Ace’s head sculpt is sooooo bad but I really wanted Stallone’s Rocky 2 look (with the Tiger jacket and jewelry) and Butkus so I bit the bullet. Hopefully Stallone Shop gives us the Tiger outfit eventually.

The scale and proportions on the Star Ace figure are smaller so it looks a little off with the Stallone Shop sculpt - plus, the neck/head pegs are different, used blue tack as a temporary solution.

The proto was not that good (below pic) but the final product was even worse. 😭

1727726018695.jpeg

The body:
The body is a typical Stallone shop body which are heavy and feel quality but have limited movement due to having no double jointed elbows. Most of the body feels very solid and stiff to move which I like in a figure. The more loose a body comes out of the box, the more worrisome I get about it holding up over time (like the sideshow Freddy and Jason bodies which literally slump forward the moment you touch them. They might as well be ragdolls). The ankles pivot which is nice but as @TheClipperKing said the shoes on this figure and Cobra do look a little goofy even if they are accurate to the film. There's something about the shape/size/material that comes off like he's wearing tiny women's shoes or something, lol. A bit doll-like.

Is the Stallone Shop body similar to any other 1/6 scale bodies that can be purchased in case I want to make a custom Rocky?

I think the Kaustic Plastic set still holds up as well as this, The KP sculpt is much stronger, this is soft and eye paint looks cartoony.
A friend of mine left his older Kaustic Plastic set here for a few months and it does not hold up to the new one imo. Sculpts are much better in the new set. I wasn't even interested in photographing the old one when I had it because it looked too goofy.

(not my image)
1727738274527.png
1727738561785.png

Is the Stallone Shop body similar to any other 1/6 scale bodies that can be purchased in case I want to make a custom Rocky?
The stallone shop bodies are pretty brolic compared to a lot of my other 1/6 figures. They are a bit more big and bulky and I'm not sure which body would be a close fit but I'm sure there will be people on here that could point you in the right direction.

A friend of mine left his older Kaustic Plastic set here for a few months and it does not hold up to the new one imo. Sculpts are much better in the new set. I wasn't even interested in photographing the old one when I had it because it looked too goofy.
Yeah, that is a bad pic of the KP, I grabbed mine for a quickie. The sculpt on the Stallone shop is very soft. My piece of bandage for the eye fell off, but it would be a even better comparison and evident. The shirt looks abysmal on the Stallone shop as well now that I am looking in detail.

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a bad pic of the KP, I grabbed mine for a quickie. The sculpt on the Stallone shop is very soft. My piece of bandage for the eye fell off, but it would be a even better comparison and evident. The shirt looks abysmal on the Stallone shop as well now that I am looking in detail.

Yeah man def better resolution; but like I said, I had both in hand that sculpt is just not for me I don't think the likeness is there. I very much prefer the newer sculpts. I'm glad you're happy with yours though dude.

I just received mine today. Great figure! I definitely agree about the boots, they give the figure a doll like appearance. I’m worried about how well the jacket will hold up over time but overall I’m very happy with this figure.

I ended up ordering the Underdog Rocky. Might as well keep this collection going 🤪

Yeah man def better resolution; but like I said, I had both in hand that sculpt is just not for me I don't think the likeness is there. I very much prefer the newer sculpts. I'm glad you're happy with yours though dude.
All good man, we all have different likes. I will say the Cobra fig is very well done so they have some good figures made, would love to have that in the collection. This one just wasn't worth the upgrade for me. Enjoy!

Back