so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HEAD NIZZEL said:
SO, I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE A DOZEN OR SO KNOCK-OFF "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" DIORAMAS OUT THERE ALSO. THAT HAS ME WORRIED BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM A GUY IN CHINO HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
HE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 FOR SALE ON EBAY ON MONDAY. FORTUNATELY I DIDN'T PAY TOO MUCH...THEY WERE ALL LISTED AT $355.00 BUY IT NOW. AND THEY ALL GOT BOUGHT IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS. I HOPE MINE IS NOT A BOGUS PIECE!:confused:

I have a bad feeling you may not see a statue...did u pay via paypal? :confused:

Polystoner said:
Sure, okay, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is a reject and he knew it and didn't mention it. That's the part that gets me. :monkey4

Nope. No arguing there. Matter of fact, it seems we're all in agreement that no matter how you look at it, its wrong and we're the ones who are ultimately the victims in this crime.

HEAD NIZZEL said:
SO, I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE A DOZEN OR SO KNOCK-OFF "HULK VS. SPIDERMAN" DIORAMAS OUT THERE ALSO. THAT HAS ME WORRIED BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM A GUY IN CHINO HILLS, CALIFORNIA.
HE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 FOR SALE ON EBAY ON MONDAY. FORTUNATELY I DIDN'T PAY TOO MUCH...THEY WERE ALL LISTED AT $355.00 BUY IT NOW. AND THEY ALL GOT BOUGHT IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS. I HOPE MINE IS NOT A BOGUS PIECE!:confused:
Well at least its local so you can try and find him.

This has to stop. Report him and do not let him get away with a crime. I don't care if he did it to put food on the table, it's still illegal at the end of the day. Get your money back and do not contribute to fraud. I would especially be pissed since you paid close to what a real one costs on the secondary market anyway. :( Let's shut these people down.

Deadly Dagger said:
I have a bad feeling you may not see a statue...did u pay via paypal? :confused:
ACTUALLY, I HAVEN'T PAID FOR IT YET. HE SAID IT WAS OK FOR ME TO COME AND PICK IT UP IF I BROUGHT CASH (SEEING I ONLY LIVE ABOUT 15 MINUTES AWAY FROM CHINO HILLS). THAT WAS ON WEDNESDAY. I AM STILL WAITING FOR HIM TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL TELLING ME WHEN AND WHERE TO PICK IT UP. SO MAYBE IT'S LEGIT...OR MAYBE HE'LL FLAKE OUT. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

Check this out...

I went to a local dealer show (Frank & Sons) and guess what I saw? The IM comiquette with the reversed shoulder/back panels.

I asked the dealer where he got it from and he said "Straight form Sideshow!".
ORLY... I say. So I game him a little info about the difference between the one I have sitting on my shelf and the one he had in his case...

He talks to his buddy and pulls me aside and begins to tell me "Yeah, we got it online... we just don't like telling anyone we get things 2nd hand."

I told him that is likely a factory defect or a bootleg. One thing I noticed is the horrible pain app on the base. I forgot to ask how much he was selling it for...

Man...that's kinda lame on their part. If you weren't well informed he would have just lied to your face....he kinda did anyway. I know where I would not be shopping in the future.......

ghettoenhanced said:
Check this out...

I went to a local dealer show (Frank & Sons) and guess what I saw? The IM comiquette with the reversed shoulder/back panels.

I asked the dealer where he got it from and he said "Straight form Sideshow!".
ORLY... I say. So I game him a little info about the difference between the one I have sitting on my shelf and the one he had in his case...

He talks to his buddy and pulls me aside and begins to tell me "Yeah, we got it online... we just don't like telling anyone we get things 2nd hand."

I told him that is likely a factory defect or a bootleg. One thing I noticed is the horrible pain app on the base. I forgot to ask how much he was selling it for...

Oh man, this is getting really bad. I agree that something has to be done because this could get really out of control. Have you spoken with Ebay about your Iron Man and that seller? Shame on them for lying to you and I bet that they will still sell it as if nothing was wrong. :(

Often times what happens with these factories is that once they have finished an initial production run of a statue (or figures,etc.)...the factory is still left with molds,paints,intstructions,etc.

In fact, something similar happened recently (and might still be going on)...for those familiar with SOTA Toys and their Street Fighter toyline...SOTA recently changed their production factory in China and in the process of that they lost all their property and ownership of the figure molds to their old factory. I'm sure they just didn't bother with it because it is a small company and would've cost them a lot to get them back but what ended up happening was that the old factory began producing the "hot" figures and selling them out....a lot made their way on eBay and some were quickly pointed out by fans because the factory made some errors when reproducing some of the cardbacks and accessories for the figures. But they were essentially the same quality and almost impossible to tell the difference from the real ones.

And just like it was mentioned before, they do it for the extra cash no doubt..either its a group of factory workers or someone pays a bunch of them to do it for them. I am not sure about how Sideshow's relationship with their production factory is but hopefully if this is an illegal operation going on hopefully they can put a stop to it, because it devalues the originals and is a breach of their contract.

If you can, you should contact some of the past buyers and ask what their edition numbers are. If some numbers can truly be matched up...then you know you're dealing with some fakes.

i am blown away after reading this. my friend bought one and he's going to be none too happy when he hears this. thanks for the information.

I posted a link to this thread over at the statue forum so more potential buyers could be informed. Thanks for letting this be known.

RUMADMAN said:
wow.. he has moved them over to canada..
No just the person who send the link did from the ebay.ca site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back