so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOE said:
gallery_1_173_288236.jpg

Picture940.jpg

I was referring to not being able to spot the difference in these pics...not the other!!!:eek:

nash said:
What if it's not a fake....It could be factory rejects that they assembled wrong? Im assuming since it is "armor plates" that are flipped around, that the mold for the armor isnt a solid one piece cast. Perhaps factory workers glued it on wrong, then they set them aside to be scrapped but someone stole them....simply rewrite a random number on the base, and wala.

That make whole lota sense...

You gotta admit the fake IM is quite well done beside the notable difference. Well, now we all know there are SS statues fakeys produced and am sure there will be more to seen & caught. Just be more careful if any collectors buying from net. Soory for ya.:eek:

nash said:
What if it's not a fake....It could be factory rejects that they assembled wrong? Im assuming since it is "armor plates" that are flipped around, that the mold for the armor isnt a solid one piece cast. Perhaps factory workers glued it on wrong, then they set them aside to be scrapped but someone stole them....simply rewrite a random number on the base, and wala.

That's what I'm thinking too. Even it that's not the case, I'd bet it was produced in the same factory as the originals (assuming it isn't legit). After all, they ahve everything they need right there. most knock offs are produced that way.

Those so-called first shot prototypes in the modern Hasbro SW line are pretty much the same thing too.

nash said:

That's what I'm thinking too. Even it that's not the case, I'd bet it was produced in the same factory as the originals (assuming it isn't legit). After all, they ahve everything they need right there. most knock offs are produced that way.

Those so-called first shot prototypes in the modern Hasbro SW line are pretty much the same thing too.

nash said:
Looks like a fake to me...

picture946nd3.jpg

there is also a big difference in the red paint on the exclusive.

the regulars red paint is the same all over.

that exclusive is a knock off!!!

It's a fake I think. My suggestion is to alert Sideshow of your findings and see what they say. Then to file a claim with paypal because you paid for the real deal. Don't let this continue. It would be terrible to have these fakes spread around to unknowing collectors.

Has anybody contacted SS cause they need to!! Its Better if RUMADMAN does but if not i will!!! they can probably investigate this even better!!!

nash said:

Dito.....again a possible factory leaking out product.

Unfortunately this happen everyday in the factory in China. You can buy a lot of this kind of products, such as from Sideshow, Medicom, Bandai, Hasbro.......hm.....Chanel......:rolleyes:

KamenGuyver said:
Dito.....again a possible factory leaking out product.

Unfortunately this happen everyday in the factory in China. You can buy a lot of this kind of products, such as from Sideshow, Medicom, Bandai, Hasbro.......hm.....Chanel......:rolleyes:

lol, if only there were a way to find cheap Chanel, my gf would be happy and I wouldnt be broke. :lol:lol:lol

lcummins said:
Brant has already mentioned in this thread that they are suspicious of this seller, so Sideshow is aware of the situation.
AWESOME!!!!! high Five!!!!:chew :chew :chew

well i just spoke to the ebay seller and he assures me that these are in fact real but with factory defects. which he neglected to mention in the auction. he wants to work out a deal with me. what would you guys recommend?

RUMADMAN said:
well i just spoke to the ebay seller and he assures me that these are in fact real but with factory defects. which he neglected to mention in the auction. he wants to work out a deal with me. what would you guys recommend?
ah. so sombody's snatching up factory rejects straight from the factory and reselling them?

bet thats still illegal....and SS will still be on the warpath :monkey1

I'd say its worth 1/2 retail at best.
at least thats the most Id pay

RUMADMAN said:
Wait for SS and see what they say! and then get your money back and get a real one!!!no defects!!

occulum said:
I'd say its worth 1/2 retail at best.
at least thats the most Id pay

Yeah, that seems fair. Meaning half the original MSRP of $250. So, $125, which he probably won't go for. I wouldn't want it for even that much though. Especially since you already have a regular sitting there, making your Exclusive seem defective. I would just try and get my money back through PayPal. Bastard, not mentioning it. That is just slimy. People are going to get hosed by this guy. :monkey2

...ask for 1/2 your money back...if that doesnt work ask for a full refund...I wouldn't trust this guy...he may just try to drag this along untill you can't do anything about it. Move swiftly friend.

Why even give this guy one cent for trying to commit fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back