Somehow Rey Returned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean hey if they want to kill the brand for good and make even less money and destroy any good will they have to the fans then go ahead and green light the Rey film
Screenshot_20240623_170649_Firefox Focus.jpg

Been enjoying the fan films lately. Way better than the Disney stuff.

Yea as I grow old I start to think that we didn’t need so many sequels and reboots to things. Like how I was excited about the lion king remake and then I watched it and it was the worst piece of crap I’ve ever seen and spat on the original.
But I was excited for it. Now they are coming out with another crap live action lion king movie and I just roll my eyes

I bet you're all excited now...

REY Movie Director "Rey Skywalker Is The HEART Of Star Wars"​

View attachment 709651

They have been telegraphing this for a while.

Enevitably It's the Lucas OT that will go in the Disney vault, and their Priestesses to Rey "thread" story arc, that will represent Disney Star Wars going forward.

They never loved or even liked Star Wars, they abhore the Anakin to Luke as the Return of the Jedi arc, in fact they resented you, and so many for liking it.
They don't want to celebrate or build off the Star Wars you know, their whole aim is to contradict it, and approach is - how do we "fix" Star Wars - which they only ever saw as problematic.
LOL Disney is not going to forgo it's own canon, they've built their franchise around it, they built a theme park around it. if anything they will double down on it, until Lucas and the OT are treated as a meaningless foot-note in their story-group narrative.
The Rey centric post-sequels will build off it further. The Favroniverse will all lead to and coraborate it.
And the past revisionist stories will reinforce it. Further advancing Ben, Anakin and Luke who we once envisioned bringing about the new Jedi, now as the absolute Jedi Failure! (unsubtly read as straight white males). A "message" that in case you missed it will be delivered with the subtlety of a cartoon mallet. And retroactively whatever fem-powered priestess sect they are introducing in Acolyte, as the true visionaries, and correct path, to Rey ultimately defeating the Emperor and bringing about the True Return of the Jedi.
8pqe2l.gif

Does that make a good story? To them Luke's narrative quest was problematic and in the way of their messaging. There has never been any subtlety here, these non-"creators" never liked the OT, they likely resented it, watched it thinking how can we "fix" it. That is what they are now doing. :lol

Last edited:
Yea as I grow old I start to think that we didn’t need so many sequels and reboots to things. Like how I was excited about the lion king remake and then I watched it and it was the worst piece of crap I’ve ever seen and spat on the original.
But I was excited for it. Now they are coming out with another crap live action lion king movie and I just roll my eyes
Really? Never watched that (and don't plan to), what did they change? I thought it had been a basic remake with new animation...

After Crystal Skull I do my homework well before deciding to view things and put it in my head canon. A big franchise label slapped on the box means nothing anymore.

Really? Never watched that (and don't plan to), what did they change? I thought it had been a basic remake with new animation...
I never watched either, but watched Aladdin. It's made for a modern audience, songs were sung terrible, and a few modern songs were added that pushed the message.

I were to guess, Lion King was the same .

They took out be prepared. The lions had no emotions , the acting was terrible, they cut out some key scenes, fart jokes. It was a mess

Mufasa looks worse than the Lion King.
I don't like the remake, but I get why they made it. It doesn't have the charm of the original.

Back