Spooktacular 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what, never mind.

***Me, though, I guess I'm just cynical enough to not be overly impressed about waiting around for hours to score a free dollar or two that I may use at some point in the future of a very expensive item which will then cause me to miss out on any points that would have otherwise been earned for said item. 100 points, 200 points, that's cool. That feels like something, at least. But 20 points just feels like taking the piss. But hey, that's just cynical and unappreciative old me. ***

Then don't wait around, find something better to do with your time. No one is twisting your arm.

To be clear, I think the RP promotion is great, since you can use them on something you really want. Even if they don't offer any more, I'm pretty happy about that. But they wouldn't be doing the promotion in the first place if it was a losing proposition for them.

To be clear, I think the RP promotion is great, since you can use them on something you really want. Even if they don't offer any more, I'm pretty happy about that. But they wouldn't be doing the promotion in the first place if it was a losing proposition for them.

Oh, they're making $ off it, no doubt. Even if you got EVERY code this promotion that's only like $60-70, you have to still spend money to get something worthwhile. The entire event is a promotional tool, they're a business, you can't fault them for doing so.

I agree. I'm taking what I've gotten from them, what I have, and about to convert and will be using it on something I want in the future. Its a good deal all around.

$1 better than no dollar guys xD.

My twin and I just started collecting PFs this year because of the DC line, so this spooktacular event is a really nice treat because for 1. we live in California and have to eat tax and 2. we were going to spend that money anyways :D.

I wish they would just give the 20 RP codes every 20 min. That would be fun for about the first 5 then get old lol.

Oh, they're making $ off it, no doubt. Even if you got EVERY code this promotion that's only like $60-70, you have to still spend money to get something worthwhile. The entire event is a promotional tool, they're a business, you can't fault them for doing so.

65.75 given out in RP so far. :)

I doubt that they're going to be losing any money on this promotion -- especially since the vast majority of people won't be collecting them all, or using them in the most intelligent manner.

Yeah, you wonder how many people still use 100 reward points (worth $5) to buy an $800 item only to lose all those extra reward points (worth $40).

That's why I collect enough reward points to match the dollar amount of what I'm buying from Sideshow.

Mind you all that when they give away these products and points to buy their items.. they don't have to pay taxes on them at the end of the year if they get rid of them. So, this is helping them, but at the same time it is supporting the fan base. It is extremely generous though some of the things they give away.

Yeah, you wonder how many people still use 100 reward points (worth $5) to buy an $800 item only to lose all those extra reward points (worth $40).

That's why I collect enough reward points to match the dollar amount of what I'm buying from Sideshow.

That makes the most sense. Good to keep in mind.

I don't know what the problem is, I've made almost 1400 points this weekend. I'm stoked! That's going to make Igor much more affordable. I got all the codes for both days sans email. Having a mobile device and being a student makes it easy for me to check the spook page every 30mins or so.

I started off before this with just over 1600 rewards points with 2720 pending.
Now i am sitting at 2790.
So i am considering what to get with them once this all winds down.
I am very happy to have been given the rewards points at all. Not every retailer will sweeten the deal with that kind of thing.

Yeah makes sense to save till you can completely or at least nearly cover the total cost of a item you want.

I started off before this with just over 1600 rewards points with 2720 pending.
Now i am sitting at 2790.
So i am considering what to get with them once this all winds down.
I am very happy to have been given the rewards points at all. Not every retailer will sweeten the deal with that kind of thing.

Another set of 7 HOA to stack on top of your first set :) House Party Protocol in full effect :clap

Back