SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though we don't have him in hand yet, it looks to be that way. I can't wait for Beachhead to ship.

The Joe movie wasn't in the theatre. After the TF movie bombed Sunbow sent the Joes straight to video.
They also went back and re-did Doc's voiceover so Duke didn't die from Serpentor's snake spear thing. This was of course after the backlash from Optimus Prime's death in the TF feature.

Now you know... :flag

You know, I love the GI Joe movie, but Transformers was a 100% classic! I've seen it at least a couple of hundred times.

Looks fine to me.

Look again:

BHSDCC.jpg

Just following the contours of the rails as well as the sight, you can see the flash hider is bent down. It's not the gas breaks either, it's definitely crooked.

It's crooked. Probably bent during (un/re)packing. All in all, exclu. or not, Beachhead is favorite so far. The sheer number of accessories is phenominal and they nailed the looked of the masked headsculpt!

Love the faded pants too. Curious where they got that idea...

Last edited:
It's crooked. Probably bent during (un/re)packing. All in all, exclu. or not, Beachhead is favorite so far. The sheer number of accessories is phenominal and they nailed the looked of the masked headsculpt!

Love the faded pants too. Curious where they got that idea...

Make no mistake about it, I'm not downing on the figure, just pointing out an observation. Beachhead Ex is a MUST!

The groves on the muzzle break are helical. The muzzle may look bent but it's fine.

But it wouldn't surprise me if SSC glued the barrel on mine cockeyed, wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me.

My Bespin Luke Skywalker had this issue with the muzzle. It was an easy fix for that figure. I just heated it with an industrial heat gun (looks similar to a hair drier but is MUCH stronger) until the glue softened and straightened it out.

My biggest worry for the Beachhead is the ripstop pattern on the pants won't be noticable in the production version. Thats really not a deal breaker, but it was really cool in the proto and I want that to remain.

My Bespin Luke Skywalker had this issue with the muzzle. It was an easy fix for that figure. I just heated it with an industrial heat gun (looks similar to a hair drier but is MUCH stronger) until the glue softened and straightened it out.

My Duke had a crooked barrel, luckily, mine was barely glued in so I just yanked it out, the socket is tight enough that I don't need to reglue. It's a fortunate situation though, because now I can remove the Red Dot sight and display the XCR rifle with just iron sights.

Back