SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

Got my order in. So glad I set an alarm on my phone last night though, otherwise I might have missed it.

Yea I think after a few pages of the thread, I ran back to the Marvel section because I was happy with the fig, it was just neg post after neg... So I had to stop reading until PPO time.

I don't think most are being too negative, just critical which is important. That "let it be" attitude will give us more akward alterations to our classic joes. Imagine SS giving CC a sculpted chrome face. Somewhat like this....

3733758642_0888115aa9.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think most are being too negative, just critical which is important. That "let it be" attitude will give us more akward alterations to our classic joes. Imagine SS giving CC a sculpted chrome face.

To be fair, he could've been a hell of a lot worse:

firefly2_large.jpg
firefly2back_large.jpg

Say what you want, but being the 2nd version of Firefly, he's legitimate enough for Sideshow to have used.

I don't think most are being too negative, just critical which is important. That "let it be" attitude will give us more akward alterations to our classic joes. Imagine SS giving CC a sculpted chrome face.

I can't see this NOT coming from Sideshow, they have to know that sculpt is EPIC to the RAH GI JOE collectors :lecture

To be fair, he could've been a hell of a lot worse:

firefly2_large.jpg
firefly2back_large.jpg

Say what you want, but being the 2nd version of Firefly, he's legitimate enough for Sideshow to have used.

When this crap started surfacing I was out of the 3 3/4 line, with all the neon colors and space warp time continuum figs as well :lol even as a kid I knew what was GI JOE and was just Hasbro crap... :lecture

When this crap started surfacing I was out of the 3 3/4 line, with all the neon colors and space warp time continuum figs as well :lol even as a kid I knew what was GI JOE and was just Hasbro crap... :lecture

There were still good releases too. By then I was cherry picking. I forget what their title was, but there were some neon ones with numbers on the outfits that, with their transport, made pretty good colonial marines back in the day. :lol

There were still good releases too. By then I was cherry picking. I forget what their title was, but there were some neon ones with numbers on the outfits that, with their transport, made pretty good colonial marines back in the day. :lol

It's almost like you couldn't even be a completist around that time because you didn't want to buy all the crap figs along with some of the better ones to have everyone on the back of the card art.

Yea I think after a few pages of the thread, I ran back to the Marvel section because I was happy with the fig, it was just neg post after neg... So I had to stop reading until PPO time.

It happens. I'm mostly a SW guy, and you know how those threads can break down to the point of insanity....

Battle Force 2000?

:p

That might've been it. I remember nabbing a bunch of those figures and replacing the heads so that I had a nice compliment of "Colonial Marines" for me and my girlfriend's little brother to play with. Used the other numbers as drivers/pilots, COM guys and Techs.

It happens. I'm mostly a SW guy, and you know how those threads can break down to the point of insanity....

Sometimes it's worth an infraction to "point out the obvious." :lol

I tried whenever there was the Vader 1:1 bust thread over there and I about went nuts...

We need to tell them the world is flat and go walk off it... :monkey1

That might've been it. I remember nabbing a bunch of those figures and replacing the heads so that I had a nice compliment of "Colonial Marines" for me and my girlfriend's little brother to play with. Used the other numbers as drivers/pilots, COM guys and Techs.

Weren't they repaints of the some originals like Duke, Trip Wire, Roadblock, etc...

Now, I will only need a 12'' Zartan and Random old Asian dude to complete my diorama of ''the Assassination of the Hard Master''.With Zartan shooting an arrow through the guys heart and Firefly in the background ready to escape.

Weren't they repaints of the some originals like Duke, Trip Wire, Roadblock, etc...

Not sure. To my knowledge, they were all original sculpts.

Now, I will only need a 12'' Zartan and Random old Asian dude to complete my diorama of ''the Assassination of the Hard Master''.With Zartan shooting an arrow through the guys heart and Firefly in the background ready to escape.

I'm doing the same. Check out Ignite's Samurai figures parted out on TA. That's where I found mine.

:rock :rock :rock

Back