SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone had posted that Friday would be the reveal, but I've been wathcing facebook and nada so far...:dunno

The full proto is supposed to be at the booth at the show, so it's gotta be revealed at least when the show starts.

yeah... they won't give a full reveal anything thats not going up for sale until the show starts.

this is bull____

Thought we were suppose to see more today

____ I hte waiting

Hate waiting for ALL the Joes that are planned and talked about

they better have Destro there with Baroness unless he will be shown, but goes up for pre-order after the show like Boba fett did

I don't want to jinx it, but everytime someone mentions Destro I always have a bad feeling hes going to be the Joe doll with a lot of delays once he gets up for PO. Maybe not the Joe version of Grievous, but just some extended dates. :impatient:

Yea I was afraid that they would pull a Zartan and change everything but she is pretty close to the card art.

They did pull a Zartan. If Hasbro wanted The Baroness to have brown straps, they could have easily done so. They also changed the breastplate and the boots. The original breastplate had curved abdominal plates, while this one has pointy ones, and the original had a painted on Cobra emblem, while this one has one either hammered out, or a complicated array of separate pieces welded on. You want armor as smooth as possible to deflect things, like swords or bullets. You don't want a raised emblem that catches stuff, and makes it easier to hurt you. Dumb.
The boots on this one have pointed articulation instead of smooth. The black monochrome look with the red emblem is what made her so distinctive.
Also, it looks like they changed the look of her shirt. The original had a mandarin collar, and it buttoned up. I see neither here. If they wanted to do an interesting change, then they should have made her armor pieces look like black oxide. That would add realism, and visual interest, and would be something that might have been intended with the original, but the cost wasn't justified.

They did pull a Zartan. If Hasbro wanted The Baroness to have brown straps, they could have easily done so. They also changed the breastplate and the boots. The original breastplate had curved abdominal plates, while this one has pointy ones, and the original had a painted on Cobra emblem, while this one has one either hammered out, or a complicated array of separate pieces welded on. You want armor as smooth as possible to deflect things, like swords or bullets. You don't want a raised emblem that catches stuff, and makes it easier to hurt you. Dumb.
The boots on this one have pointed articulation instead of smooth. The black monochrome look with the red emblem is what made her so distinctive.
Also, it looks like they changed the look of her shirt. The original had a mandarin collar, and it buttoned up. I see neither here. If they wanted to do an interesting change, then they should have made her armor pieces look like black oxide. That would add realism, and visual interest, and would be something that might have been intended with the original, but the cost wasn't justified.

:dunno:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

ohzC4.jpg

I have to disagree with what you've written. I take it when you say the boots "articulation" is pointy instead of round, you mean the crest of each boot segment? The original figure boots come to a point and theres two segments above each knee area. Dead on. Of course the card art to the figure differs, but so does the comic art from time to time.

Again, the breastplate crests on both the original figure and card art are pointed. If anything is there to call out, they don't include the proper amount of segmentations on the abdomen, but thats not diminishing the "iconic" look and most people wouldn't notice nor care.

And how can you see her collar? I just blew that pic up until it was blurry and the whole collar area is a black hole. :dunno

There are lots of little changes here and there, but the major things that make her the Baroness are there from what little has been shown imo.

I have to disagree with what you've written. I take it when you say the boots "articulation" is pointy instead of round, you mean the crest of each boot segment? The original figure boots come to a point and theres two segments above each knee area. Dead on. Of course the card art to the figure differs, but so does the comic art from time to time.

Again, the breastplate crests on both the original figure and card art are pointed. If anything is there to call out, they don't include the proper amount of segmentations on the abdomen, but thats not diminishing the "iconic" look and most people wouldn't notice nor care.

And how can you see her collar? I just blew that pic up until it was blurry and the whole collar area is a black hole. :dunno

There are lots of little changes here and there, but the major things that make her the Baroness are there from what little has been shown imo.
You have a "point" on the boots. Yes, the original breastplate is pointed as I said, but this SS version is rounded, and has too few plates, as you said.
As far as the collar, you can see how the front of her shirt is on the card art leading UP to her collar, where there clearly is a panel of the shirt on top of another, where the shirt comes together, where it is buttoned. I see only a flat smooth area on the figure. Maybe they gave her a turtleneck instead.

Last edited:
Back