SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick point of the projects inspiration... Old School 1986 V2 HAWK

the Battle hardened, lead from the front Commander... a Fighting man's GI

-Note the Revolver in the Shoulder Rig, Brown Hair, and we thought we would throw in a nod to the Hasbro mail in Gold SMG with our new "in the Field style" rattle-can Desert Painted mini XCR PDW Assault Rifle!

-Side Cap EXCLUSIVE PORTRAIT was a nod to the 1991 V2 Hawk

:wink1:

I knew it! I am thinking about picking up a pair of these bad boys to compliment that look. Can't decide on which version I want. :panic:

Most 90s Joes should not be revisited, there are a select hand full of decent figures but most were ruined by neon...

I like the SSC Hawk, will definitely be getting one, probably the regular version. And an extra pair of the bent toe boots for Beachhead!

There are lots of 90's figures worth making and yea the Cobras outdo the Joes but oh well. 93 and 94 is when they went into the ____ter, color wise. There was a lot of good creative designs that just had terrible colors or gimmicks.

Ambush
Captain Gridiron
Salvo
Dusty
Duke (92)
Roadblock (92)
Snake Eyes (91)
Big Ben
Bulletproof
Mercer (91)

Desert Scorpion ( a real duh moment there Sideshow . . . )
Crimson Guard Immortal
Overlord
Saw Viper
Decimator
Interrogator
Bat (91)
Overkill
Night Creeper (original)
Range Vipers
Undertow
Viper (sonic)
Incinerators
Cobra Commander (91)
Cobra Commander (93 black n silver)
Snow Serpent (91)
Headhunters
Headhunter Stormtroopers
Ninja Viper

Just a quick point of the projects inspiration... Old School 1986 V2 HAWK

the Battle hardened, lead from the front Commander... a Fighting man's GI

-Note the Revolver in the Shoulder Rig, Brown Hair, and we thought we would throw in a nod to the Hasbro mail in Gold SMG with our new "in the Field style" rattle-can Desert Painted mini XCR PDW Assault Rifle!

-Side Cap EXCLUSIVE PORTRAIT was a nod to the 1991 V2 Hawk

:wink1:

Thats awesome! A nice nod to all the older joe stuff and looks recent at the same time. :rock

There are lots of 90's figures worth making and yea the Cobras outdo the Joes but oh well. 93 and 94 is when they went into the ____ter, color wise. There was a lot of good creative designs that just had terrible colors or gimmicks.

Ambush
Captain Gridiron
Salvo
Dusty
Duke (92)
Roadblock (92)
Snake Eyes (91)
Big Ben
Bulletproof
Mercer (91)

Desert Scorpion ( a real duh moment there Sideshow . . . )
Crimson Guard Immortal
Overlord
Saw Viper
Decimator
Interrogator
Bat (91)
Overkill
Night Creeper (original)
Range Vipers
Undertow
Viper (sonic)
Incinerators
Cobra Commander (91)
Cobra Commander (93 black n silver)
Snow Serpent (91)
Headhunters
Headhunter Stormtroopers
Ninja Viper

I agree with most of this list, tho figures with multiple versions (Duke, Bat, CC, SE, etc) I would hope they would try to make something more close to the original than some of these later versions. Especially Snake Eyes 91, I hope to never see that figure in a SSC box! There are even a few others I would add to your list as good figures but not ones I would want from SSC. And yes, neon paint truly did ruin alot of great sculpts! Of your list, I'd say we probably wont ever see any SSC versions of those joes, and possibly a few of the cobras. I could totally see them doing a Ninja Viper as a SDCC figure. I predict with the 86 Viper coming out this year, that we may see a Crimson Viper at SDCC. Tho I would hope they dont follow suit with hasbro and start doing all the Crimson versions of stuff and give us something like Starduster or Steelbrigade at SDCC!

All I know is that Sideshow paid tribute to this Hawk:

talk%20hawk%20moc.JPG

before this one:

2544680376_43976317f1.jpg

And that makes them all right in my book. :lecture

i remember those talking figures. the backpack was like a brick.

I don't remember who it was, but someone posted earlier in the thread that they would be mad if he came with the same pack.

I, myself, like the bag and I am all about the uniformity.

That might have been me.

I just think it's kind of lame. It was okay with Duke as a one-off, because to me, it kind of made the original 1984 figure make sense - he had a backpack, but only one diagonal strap. I don't really mind it on Firefly either, although they could have gone a step farther with that one, as his original '84 backpack was so cool in unique. But still, it seems to work.

However, I'm in Afghanistan right now, and I have NEVER seen ANY soldiers use these, so enough's enough. I don't mind a bunch of them having the same bag, but if that's going to be the case, make one that's a bit more generic and utilitarian.

I just can't imagine they'd be very comfortable for any length of time - maybe for just going to the range or gym or something, but not for missions where you're lugging around heavy equipment. Yeah, I know this is not a rucksack, but trust me, you can still carry some heavy crap in a bag that size - for that, you want everything equally distributed around your shoulders. I just don't think this would do it, so to me, it's unrealistic.

Not a huge deal, though, as I won't be displaying it with him.

I was bout to say that on the revolver. It's bad ass. I don't think one exists in 1:6.

Bad ass maybe, but a bit much for General Hawk. I don't know - seems like he's over compensating or something! Certainly not a deal breaker, though. I suppose if it bothers people they could find a smaller revolver in 1/6 scale with relative ease on Ebay or something...

Hawk probably uses the "hand cannon" for up close and personal fire fights against COBRA VIPER to shoot through their chrome face plate/visor . . . and maybe for the day when he'll finally meet up w/ COBRA COMMANDER.

As I understand it, the shroud on the revolver's barrel helps weigh the front down to reduce muzzle climb and recoil. Looks intimidating but it's all about better control and accuracy.
Also I suppose if he runs out of bullets he can just beat Vipers to death with it.

Back