SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CC is a pimp figure. Close to a classic look but lots of elements I don't care for, mainly the vader helmet. It makes his head look gigantic and the style just doesn't look right. Also don't like how the shield doesn't wrap around more. Looks unfinished. Especialy since it's just black plastic underneeth instead of black cloth. I also like the rag head. The seperate head trick is pretty neat.

The outfit is nice and fits well. Logo is too small and no stirrups is a bummer. I would've liked to be able to tuck the shirt, but the pants are snug around the waist.

Hands are very nice. Lot of fun poses can be made with them. THe septer is detailed and has nice paintwork to make it look like oxidized bronze or so.

His cape is well made and hangs well. Same material as the new Vader.

The guns are nice but simple. Not sure why they gave him a Mauser instead of his vintage laser pistol. It's not a weapon I would think CC cares about.

I'll prolly grab some bit to make a second figure to display with the rag head.

Overall a kewl figure that is overpriced. I do hope to make a better helmet and mask.....

cobra_commander_01.jpg

cobra_commander_02.jpg

cobra_commander_03.jpg

cobra_commander_04.jpg

cobra_commander_05.jpg

cobra_commander_06.jpg

cobra_commander_07.jpg

cobra_commander_08.jpg

cobra_commander_09.jpg

cobra_commander_10.jpg

cobra_commander_11.jpg

cobra_commander_12.jpg

cobra_commander_13.jpg

cobra_commander_14.jpg

Wasn't the outfit supposedly done by the same Freak who did the Joker 2.0 outfit? Forget his name.

Oh, I have no idea. Does that warrant replacement? Others seem to have the same issue, but mine seemed excessive, especially for an almost $200 "toy"(it's not a doll, goddamnit rofl)

Pretty sure that Vader has been scaled DOWN.

I think only the dome was lowered and it's was just a little... unless I've missed updates on mods King is making.

That is ****ing hilarious :lol :rock

Wasn't the outfit supposedly done by the same Freak who did the Joker 2.0 outfit? Forget his name.

That doesn't mean each one was hand sewn by him :huh

TBH, the tailoring on the outfit is actually really good... the finish could be better, but the actual garment fits the body incredibly well. It's actually some of the better work from Sideshow, but it's got their classic lack of polish to remind you that Sideshow's gonna be Sideshow :lol

Spectacular pics EvilFace! Nice depth of field and all but that grabby pic on the Baroness is clearly the best.

Fantastic photos and review Evil and that photo with the baroness is hilarious:rotfl

I really like how it came out, I was worried after the first unfutzed pics came out, but after getting him today, it really shines, not to say its perfect, it has issues but overall I'm pleased.

Kato did the CG outfit, is he their go to for costumes now?

Yeah Kato, that's him. Some Freaks here think he's the guru of 1:6 tailoring. Sucks that his pants are high-waters sitting on the Throne.

:dump

I think FACE has deep issues with Flint, this is two threads now that Flints getting his **** stomped. :lol

Yeah Kato, that's him. Some Freaks here think he's the guru of 1:6 tailoring. Sucks that his pants are high-waters sitting on the Throne.

:dump

They wouldn't be if people weren't switching the boots out for shorter ones.

Great pics EF! The Baroness pic is priceless. And awesome idea of using the face for cobra troopers. Hadn't thought of that, but it works great since everything flat is covered up anyway.

After 2hrs of futzing the **** out of my CCC by steaming and ironing his uniform and adding shoes instead of the boots, went to sit his @ss on the throne only to have him in high waters.
Looks like ******g Steve Urkel.

That's because his pants shrunk from the steam.

Oh crap, the Joes are up **** creek now.:lol

Is that a knock off HT muscle body? Great pics, thanks!

Not muscle, just that standard HT knock off.

Great pics, but I think the original boots looked better, trousers look too baggy with those ones.
Thanks sir!
Great photos as always King. I'm always jealous of your Joes. They always look fantastic in your pics without fail. :rock

Thanks Buttly.
Looks great King!
The True Type knock-off looks better.
I'm liking this the more I see of it.

Thanks sir!

Fantastic pics as always, King! I'm dying to play around with this guy.

Thanks MANDO. Can't wait to see the mod you make.

And King convinces me to buy yet another Joe fig I was hesitant about with some futzing to make it rad....
:yess:
Pretty sure that Vader has been scaled DOWN.

Nope.

I think only the dome was lowered and it's was just a little.

Yup.

And great shots EVILFACE! Dig the choice for boots. The mods you made look great. Well done sir. Nice way to utilize the cloth face for a trooper.

Great photos Evil! The head does look cartoonishly large. Kind of a bummer for me since the first one wasn't to my liking.

Yea the helmet head looks better in person, but the dome on it is too tall. Very Vaderish. A short neck might help a little.

Back