SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, wish they added more muscle/bulk on the legs, but it's just a minor issue at most. I think the trunks can be fixed with a little futzing although some red will be seen over the belt, but thats not a deal breaker for me. The outfit looks good overall in most of the in-hand pics.

I've always wanted a Good comic book superman figure. The movie versions don't really do it for me (i guess for now).

The only thing better than the chicken littles are the old timers saying don't listen to the chicken littles. Everyone's opinion. Still not worth $200... FACT.

Think we are saying the same thing. No, this is not worth $200 as it is now. But, with the changes in the articulation of the bodies--it would justify it to me. But I won't buy another one if these changes aren't made. I have cancelled the Snake Plissken figure, and will cancel the deadpool figure if the articulation is not changed. I think they will listen if we bring it to there attention--it would appear they listened to the ankle issues with the previous 1/6 DC figures. I want to be able to pose my figures and have it look realistic--that's not the case now.

All of the posses made now are very similar in nature--not much variability.

Yeah, wish they added more muscle/bulk on the legs, but it's just a minor issue at most. I think the trunks can be fixed with a little futzing although some red will be seen over the belt, but thats not a deal breaker for me. The outfit looks good overall in most of the in-hand pics.

What about the elbows?

Worth will always be opinionated. I think we are getting bent over from all the doll makers. But it is what it is....

Haven't had much time to mess with Supes, but right out of the box he is a nice looking figure. Yea, the britches need fixed but I like the look of the figure on the stock body. Standing him next to HT Reeve and I have to say I like the SS figure more. Sure the HT is better quality, but at least SS put the S shield on the chest straight.....

The jaw doesn't look anywhere close to as wide as it does in pics and the neck doesn't look skinny. I'll prolly swap over to the Bats body or maybe just bulk up the leg muscles a bit with some apoxi sculpt.

The head vision head is pretty nice.

So, I'm happy with the purchase. Wish he came with a chunk of kryptonite though.

What about the Elbows?

Can you send Pic of him in a flying pose(both arms stretched above his head--with back arched?)

I can't now. I changed him to a moded Batman body and I kinda destroyed the original body. If you see pics of my mod a few posts back you will see what I mean.

Btw, I dont think the elbows will be changed, not in time for Deadpool anyway.

Great display Cocoboloboy

Thanks, Kal!

EVILFACE mentioned building a little leg muscle with some sculpt. That's not a bad idea. From most angles the skinny legs are what really stand out to me. More so than the smaller torso.

image.jpg

There appears to be a lot of similarities between this figure and CR Superman. I think aesthetically, SS Superman has the upper hand. I think the proportions of the shoulders to the hips is much better with the SSS. The articulation is better with the hot toys supes. ( Did any one notice that SSS lost the waist articulation as compared to SS bats.). I think if sideshow adds double jointed elbows, and waist articulation, it would be a better body then the Hot Toys figure.

Why is no making this comparison? Sideshow had 2-3 years to design a better body/figure(assuming this has been in the works since the release of the CR superman.). CR Superman(is he the gold standard for which all superman to be compared with?), I want people to ask the question," Did you try the SS body? Sideshow has the best bodies." Again, I won't be getting any further figures from this line unless the articulation is fixed. What's the political saying, " a pig with lipstick is still just a pig."

I would agree that better articulation is always a good thing, and needed, but in this case, I'm not bothered by the articulation (except the double jointed elbows).
Sure, most of the poses seen so far are similar, but I don't think that's due to articulation. I think it's more to do with the character himself. Iconic poses of Supes are never very dynamic (like Spider-Man), and it would appear that most are posing him in those iconic-type poses. Articulation but at the same time, articulation is only valuable if it's going to be used.

I can't now. I changed him to a moded Batman body and I kinda destroyed the original body. If you see pics of my mod a few posts back you will see what I mean.

Btw, I dont think the elbows will be changed, not in time for Deadpool anyway.

Sideshow has already made a statue Of Deadpool, why make another-- it is supposed to be a 1/6 scale action(Motion) figure. I will cancel my PO if correction/improvements are not made. Sideshow has the chance to be the premier 1/6 player--why not? No company has made 1/6 scale comic marvel or dc figures well--do it right!!!

I would agree that better articulation is always a good thing, and needed, but in this case, I'm not bothered by the articulation (except the double jointed elbows).
Sure, most of the poses seen so far are similar, but I don't think that's due to articulation. I think it's more to do with the character himself. Iconic poses of Supes are never very dynamic (like Spider-Man), and it would appear that most are posing him in those iconic-type poses. Articulation but at the same time, articulation is only valuable if it's going to be used.

How about an Iconic flying pose with Superman's arms stretched out in front of him? I'd use that one.

How about an Iconic flying pose with Superman's arms stretched out in front of him? I'd use that one.

I would as well, but I don't have a flying stand that would allow for that (I don't collect Iron Man Figs, so I don't have one of those super-articulated flight stands)...

I would as well, but I don't have a flying stand that would allow for that (I don't collect Iron Man Figs, so I don't have one of those super-articulated flight stands)...

Use a clear glass, or plastic cup with figure stretched across top or bottom and send that pic. Or/ someone with a flight stand send a pic. Thanks.

You just need the waist grabber part of the flight stand and it's easy to make something that will do the job. The trick is to use it from below to hold the figure by the waist.

Sideshow has already made a statue Of Deadpool, why make another-- it is supposed to be a 1/6 scale action(Motion) figure. I will cancel my PO if correction/improvements are not made. Sideshow has the chance to be the premier 1/6 player--why not? No company has made 1/6 scale comic marvel or dc figures well--do it right!!!

So no elbow articulation = a statue????
I get that elbow articulation would make for more poses, but elbow articulation on a muscle figure just doesn't look good imo. When bent, the elbows looks round.

Here is picture of betic1's Batman on a Hot Toys Roadblock, I personally don't like how that looks.

attachment.php

Last edited:
So no elbow articulation = a statue????
I get that elbow articulation would make for more poses, but elbow articulation on a muscle figure just doesn't look good imo. When bent, the elbows looks round.

Here is picture of betic1's Batman on a Hot Toys Roadblock, I personally don't like how that look

I have some shots below.

There are some multimedia statues that do have joints. But that misses the point. The point is to get a better figure. I have some shots below which illustrates muscular arms that are double jointed.

JACKS - 20150129_103021.jpgJACKS - 20150129_102842.jpgJACKS - 20150129_103638.jpg.MOS arm looks fine to me.

Back