Star Ace Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Venkman's looking okay, except as others are mentioning that hairline is way too generous in volume and Matty-level in sculpt detail. Winston looks pretty off and I don't recall him having corn-rows.

I did like a few of those old Soldier Story GB sculpts, but I guess they are gone forever and yeah I guess Present Toys GB is likely not happening, especially with these out there now.

But a decade ago who would have believed there would have been nearly a half dozen companies doing high end GB figs?

I don’t mean to be rude…ah to hell with it, yes I do. These look like crap, and knowing this piece of trash company, the final product will look worse. Who the hell is giving this company money to stay in business? I know to seem people something is better than nothing, but good grief. If you were eating at an expensive restaurant and someone ate 90% of the food you ordered right in front of you, would you be happy eating the remaining 10%?

Weak headsculpts and weird proportions on the bodies and you know this is the best they will look because Star Ace final production always ends up looking worse.

I want more Ghostbusters figures but...
not like this GIF

I feel like companies are starting to price their figures based on what InArt and Hot Toys are charging without taking into account how amazing the quality is on the figures being produced by those companies. They fail to see that it's not 1/6 figures as a whole that are now suddenly worth so much more than the figures being produced ten years ago - it's that there are a couple of companies out there raising the bar and offering quantum leaps in quality that justify the increase in the price of *their* products. If you're still producing $80 quality, they're still only worth $80.

I feel like companies are starting to price their figures based on what InArt and Hot Toys are charging without taking into account how amazing the quality is on the figures being produced by those companies. They fail to see that it's not 1/6 figures as a whole that are now suddenly worth so much more than the figures being produced ten years ago - it's that there are a couple of companies out there raising the bar and offering quantum leaps in quality that justify the increase in the price of *their* products. If you're still producing $80 quality, they're still only worth $80.
While I don't disagree with you, Sideshow has been doing this for ages (and Medicom longer still). So, this isn't a new way of doing things. Companies charge what dopes like us will pay.

View attachment 722791View attachment 722792View attachment 722793View attachment 722794View attachment 722795View attachment 722796View attachment 722797View attachment 722798

SPECIFICATIONS
Product no. SA0151 4 89705 788151 7 US$284.99
Product name Peter Venkman

Scale 1/6 scale (approx. 30cm)
Series 1/6 scale Collectible Action Figure
Ghostbusters 1/ 6 scale Collectible Action Figure series : Peter Venkman
“Ghostbusters” (1984) is a classic supernatural comedy film directed by Ivan Reitman and written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. The movie blends comedy, science fiction, and horror elements, creating a unique and enduring film that has become a cultural phenomenon.
Star Ace is proud to release the legend figures of Ghostbusters in 1/6 scale collectible action figure from the movie of original Ghostbusters(1984). It features a highly detailed likeness head sculpt, tailored costumes, fully articulated body and various realistic accessories.
Please don't miss the opportunity to add all these characters into your collection!

The 1/6 scale Peter Venkman Collectible Action Figure features:
· Highly detailed skin texture and accurate facial expressions.
· 1/6 scale body (approximately 30 cm tall) with over 30 points of articulations
· One (1) Pair of Hands
· One (1) Gloved Hands
· One (1) Pair of Boots

Costume
· One (1) Khaki Brown tailored suit
· One (1) Black T-Shirts
· One (1) Pair of Elbow Pads

Accessories
· One (1) set of Proton Pack equipped with The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light operated by a switch.The Proton Gun which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
· One (1) set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Gun.
· One (1) Ghost Sniffer
· One (1) Radio Set with Holster
· One (1) yellow rubber connector
· One (1) light gray pistol belt
· One (1) Key Fob
· One (1) 1 Belt Gizmo with Holster and 1 Daughterboard
· One (1) Figure Stand Product

Size : approx.. 30cm height
Product weight : approx. 1.0kg
Package size : W265x D100 x H366mm
RELEASE DATE: Q4, 2024 ~ Q1, 2025
**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
TM & (C) 2024 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
(C) 2024 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.
1725054851847.png

How does StarAce keep securing these movie licenses? 🤷‍♂️
Not sure, but who the heck is making the OG Filmation Live Action GB's and the Ecto-0?
923qov.gif

Oh right, nobody, ever! :lol

What, three eccentric characters who believe in the paranormal, working out of an run down building, using unique designed gadgets to hunt and expel ghosts, and drive around in a vintage white car, with a ghost logo on the side? We $wear we didn't watch this while we were completely stoned, then convince ourselves it was our own idea we just made up.
\
92acon.gif

Last edited:
Genuine question - what was the last decent figure Star Ace produced?

I have their Viktor figure and Markus statue from Underworld and those are both really good, but everything else I've seen from them has been.... less than stellar.

Their Venkman sculpt is an improvement over Present Toys, though the hair it throwing it off. They need to lose the thick forelocks, and move the hairline back. Murray hadn't had hair that thick since the 70s.

Winston on the other hand, bears zero resemblance to Hudson. Genuinely wondering if they don't have the likeness rights for him?
Doesn't work like that. If they show it, they already have it. If they can't, there will be no toys. Just like they said Ryan Reynolds doesn't give his likeness rights so the HT Deadpool or any smaller scale figures don't have the unmasked heads. Winston head sculpt did not look like Hudson is probably the case of a sculptor did not nail the likeness yet. (I think Waruna is the sculptor, I can see his style on these shapes.)

On the other hand, license holder or the actor can request their likeness or expression. So Venkman having thick hair and the hairline more forward than it was in the movies, could be a personal request of Bill Murray himself. We never know.

The Venkman head sculpt is actually pretty good imo. At least its way better than the Present Toys, and of course its better then the Matty. The Blitzway production pieces for Venkman and Winston was a downgrade from KA Kim's prototype due to paint (Egon and Ray i thought were good). Peter looked way better after a repaint. Don't forget Winston... the production piece skin tone was pitch black. Had to get that repainted too.

Anyways, for Star Ace apart from Venkman's HS which i think is ok, the jumpsuits are ugly (color too light, fit too loose on the midsection, that big ugly white zipper), the boots are ugly (look like snow boots), the ribbon cable on the pack is ugly, proton stream is ugly, proportions are weird especially on Winston.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with Stanlore, I do actually like the Venkman sculpt but everything else needs work...... Which won't happen. Wouldn't mind so much if they were cheaper but the present toys set is like $500 cheaper. 😂

I think they've released a fair few good products so it's more of a " can we be asked to make sure it's good" situation.

Lord Joker batman ninja was good, Viktor and a few Harry potter figures were good.

Back