Star Ace Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the other hand, license holder or the actor can request their likeness or expression. So Venkman having thick hair and the hairline more forward than it was in the movies, could be a personal request of Bill Murray himself. We never know.
I never thought an actor would care how the were portrayed as long as they got paid, but then I saw Michael J Fox on a late night talk show talking about his he required them to use a waist grabber with the hot toys mcfly figure and now I can only imagine what kind of wacky issues people demand.

I never thought an actor would care how the were portrayed as long as they got paid, but then I saw Michael J Fox on a late night talk show talking about his he required them to use a waist grabber with the hot toys mcfly figure and now I can only imagine what kind of wacky issues people demand.
I would love it if the "hacker known as 4Chan" decided to leak a list of all such demands from licensors/actors. I bet it would be very enlightening

Genuine question - what was the last decent figure Star Ace produced?

I have their Viktor figure and Markus statue from Underworld and those are both really good, but everything else I've seen from them has been.... less than stellar.

In terms of 1/6, Star Ace’s original Hermione figure (1st Harry Potter movie)was pretty good - IIRC, K.A. Kim was the artist of that sculpt, she does great work, mostly with Blitzway/Prime 1 now.

I thought their 1:1 scale Bubo (the gold owl from 1981 Clash of the Titans) was decent - the collector’s edition came with a mini 1/6 version too.

But it has been mostly downhill for Star Ace over the last several years.

Hermoine was almost 7 years ago. They literally haven't made something good since then.

Their human figures always look like $100 Target figures.

Their chaplin I believe came out pretty decent. I find it super weird that they've not even posted about GB on any of their socials etc.

Yet bbts has them up.

1000042768.jpg

Back