1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worry..was wondering if they're going to tease friendly Hulk next to complete the EG line.

Well, you started it.:dunno:lol

And respectfully (I only reiterate this because it's important, not as some "technique" to pull) while POC is certainly a (yes, dubious) American construct, it's very much in Europe/UK. ie It's no longer something to eyeroll over as an "Americanism" you shouldn't be expected to know all about.

And forms of OCD is what makes this place interesting and also what makes most things about human existence interesting. And yeah, that IS nteresting. And yeah, I really appreciate your input here too - maybe if you're married you can understand blends of admiration and loathing that occasionally come to yelling.:rotfl

Now go to bed, dear.:duff

I don’t eyeroll over the term POC. But in my country, and probably in other non English speaking European countries as well, it’s still fully ‘PC approved’ to use the word colored (farvet). POC is not used here, though it is in GB - we don’t speak English so why would we. So you really don’t have to lecture me - though when writing English you might say that I should know [emoji2368] - but we can do this in Danish or German and see how it goes? . ...AND btw we don’t use snuff in Denmark either ;)
I am a fan of your ocd in general and I think a lot of this could be interesting if the conversations weren’t so pedantic. ...Main problem is though, that you usually jump in right before I need to go to bed and I don’t sleep well after discussions, so I usually have to bite them off and close the discussion... so I better not start them anymore (though I didn’t start this one with you ;-)
[emoji8]

And so it begins.

Well Marvel first cause........

5f73fa039594d5c25275429e74dda181.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. From now on I’m regarding myself as “robust” instead of overweight! Thanks Thor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, I think only versions of Marvel heroes that aren't announced are them in underwears.

POC is not used here, though it is in GB - we don’t speak English so why would we.

I had to look up that acronym, because all that was coming to mind was Pirates of the Caribbean. :monkey1

'Coloured' went out of acceptable use. And 'Person of Colour' isn't overly popular either, because white/pink is a colour too.

'Black' is still acceptable here, but that's a misnomer as much as 'white' unless a person's albino.

Back to speculation, if Sideshow and Hot Toys were as politically correct as the current film industry we'd have pre-orders up for Lando in disguise, Cloud City Lando, and Lando from Solo.

:impatient:

It can't be that they're afraid of black characters selling poorly since there's been a few from the Marvel movies. Only that Star Wars may no longer be a global power house on the scale of Marvel. :(

I don’t eyeroll over the term POC. But in my country, and probably in other non English speaking European countries as well, it’s still fully ‘PC approved’ to use the word colored (farvet). POC is not used here, though it is in GB - we don’t speak English so why would we. So you really don’t have to lecture me - though when writing English you might say that I should know [emoji2368] - but we can do this in Danish or German and see how it goes? . ...AND btw we don’t use snuff in Denmark either ;)
I am a fan of your ocd in general and I think a lot of this could be interesting if the conversations weren’t so pedantic. ...Main problem is though, that you usually jump in right before I need to go to bed and I don’t sleep well after discussions, so I usually have to bite them off and close the discussion... so I better not start them anymore (though I didn’t start this one with you ;-)
[emoji8]

My buddy Ole, the most patriotic Dane ever to walk the earth, master of every exotic liquor ever created (honefuld... right?) and one of the few men on the planet to pull a speargun bolt right out through his forearm after a little spearfishing accident... would DISAGREE.:rotfl

And yeah, we can do this in Arabic (roughly, and freaky for here) or French and see if it goes better than English?:dunno And totally unrelated to this, the movie I've been watching the last two days is "A Hijacking" - half in Danish, half set in Copenhagen.

Sleep well... I think. It's harder for us OCD types.:lol:duff

Ole sounds like an unusual Dane ;-) Sleep tight Tali!

My wishlist (of which only one is realistic - especiallyif SSC is out of the 1/6 game [emoji51]):
6e95c28ac5af09d0fd13a5db53819158.jpg

f5d732be7033253e603d0dd94c7212d6.jpg

559dc2f26ff517d2376e1cf605be0474.jpg

bd27dcc85ae3419dd983d6f9c0386cdf.jpg

25bfd32f34121a508afd3032631bb720.jpg

4aed8dffaecfae6bd39de60d6befc9da.jpg

95439aeda402d3116a0e2ede319033d0.jpg

c93ede6d1f22e12d8630d4b26ef07019.jpg

ff6c70af7560ff51290955244fba04c4.jpg

3f2746b84f720c592bda77f53ba05594.jpg

9d568488ebfbb21436a9461b42555175.jpg

89ab4f2996d626e5c02e594d84a1f561.jpg

538105d33d11bb76736f6256efabfe7a.jpg

c25654479a7f1f2962df53b46c97b94b.jpg

33822e9b7f3f2241749c64c30f2e98c3.jpg

What book is that from? I want to actually scan some of those. they are some of clearest pics I've seen of a few of those characters and I'm working on my Rancor keeper pretty soon.

They're a bit wrong on the Walrusman though - his costume boots are actually reddish brown not black according to on-set photos.

And I wish someone would make a Sy Snootles.:pray:

What book is that from? I want to actually scan some of those. they are some of clearest pics I've seen of a few of those characters and I'm working on my Rancor keeper pretty soon.

They're a bit wrong on the Walrusman though - his costume boots are actually reddish brown not black according to on-set photos.

And I wish someone would make a Sy Snootles.:pray:

Imagine a rancor keeper with a rancor themed stand [emoji1786]

7463d837b102f242f5b72dbf26191b24.jpg

My buddy Ole, the most patriotic Dane ever to walk the earth, master of every exotic liquor ever created (honefuld... right?) and one of the few men on the planet to pull a speargun bolt right out through his forearm after a little spearfishing accident... would DISAGREE.:rotfl

And yeah, we can do this in Arabic (roughly, and freaky for here) or French and see if it goes better than English?:dunno And totally unrelated to this, the movie I've been watching the last two days is "A Hijacking" - half in Danish, half set in Copenhagen.

Sleep well... I think. It's harder for us OCD types.:lol:duff

You two really need to get a room....[emoji23]

Looks like fat Thor is on the way, marvel mania continues. The Star Wars display will be very telling this week...

Looks like fat Thor is on the way, marvel mania continues. The Star Wars display will be very telling this week...

Yep I wonder if we'll start getting neon spiderman versions now ? Wouldn't surprise me in the least !

However I really hope there is some new Star Wars figure love.

Back