Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90v93k.gif

I have no idea who those people are ....
Clearly she(? writer surrogate), is here to judge Luke, and make sure to recognize when he steps out of line.
9181nl.jpg

I have no curiosity to pursue it further.
What!? You don't want to see how Disney canon turns Luke into a completely failed Jedi, slave to fear and POS coward. :lol

And yeah I have no idea who these people are either 😄
So it's now canon that immediately before ROTJ, Vader fought the M.A.R. Corps (featuring Moroff's brother) and Luke hung with Sabé:

Last edited:
So much trash out there when you think about it.

These days we all need headcanon to some extent. Most wouldn't acknowledge the comics, I personally don't pay much attention to the Filoniverse (TCW aside).

And while many consider RO to be peak Disney Wars, I kinda wish the Rebellion's "first victory" had been left to our imagination (or at least everyone's favourite Vader sequence left out).

I tend to like expanded material (whether it's in books or comics), but I've witnessed enough of Disney's poor handling of Luke. I loved the character, he was one of my fictional heroes as a young child. It's just disappointing how his story was handled in the ST.

These days I tend to stick with just the OT and PT. I also kind of accept the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon, I like the animation style. I have recently lost interest in the later Clone Wars show.

I regard all Disney as fan fiction, the quality is just not there.

I do like some of the OT and PT deleted scenes, especially things like the Tosche Station scene in ANH and Luke building his lightsabre in ROTJ and the sandstorm scene. I wish we could have Blu Rays released where we had option to watch the movies as the original theatrical release, the special editions and a version where we could add in the deleted scenes. I really do enjoy some of the deleted content.

...Luke building his lightsabre in ROTJ
Yeah with all the fiddling he did with the OT, he neglects the one scene he should have put back.
While it's become mundane to see it now, at the time it would have left me awestruck.
919sbe.gif

Last edited:
These days I tend to stick with just the OT and PT. I also kind of accept the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon, I like the animation style. I have recently lost interest in the later Clone Wars show.

I regard all Disney as fan fiction, the quality is just not there.
Yea I feel like all that crap done by Disney is gonna be retconned heavily in the next couple of years. It doesn’t sell.

Yeah with all the fiddling he did with the OT, he neglects the one scene he should have put back.
While it's become mundane to see art now, at the time it would have left me awestruck.
919sbe.gif
Suppose at the time it would have spoilt the surprise of R2 firing it out to Luke as he's about to fall off the plank.

While it's become mundane to see art now, at the time it would have left me awestruck.
919sbe.gif
It's narratvely not making it any better and will just spoil the surprises of Luke arriving and the new saber being launched by R2. I get the want for more OT footage and worldbuilding, but 99% of the scenes cut from 70's and 80's blockbusters were ditched for a good reason...

Seen as the Acolyte thread had been locked.
Wow, not just locked, but purged of discussion.
Had several quotes of the creators themselves, actors, director, proudly saying they made their show and susbseqent discussion all about, gender, race, identity politics, their words, what they want to discus and put out there.
Fans reaction: Why must THEY make it all about that, nobody cares, why can't they just tell a good story.
Mods reply: Please don't make the discussion about that ....delete and lock! Rinse repeat.:lol
Yea I feel like all that crap done by Disney is gonna be retconned heavily in the next couple of years. It doesn’t sell.
Never got into the Disney expanded U, their take is mostly irreconcilable with the the characters in the OT (and now the PT)

I'm all for new directions and narratives that challenge or subvert pre-conceptions of characters, that then actually take the characters in new interesting directions
What we got form Disney instead was reviosonist and regressive character and story telling.

Suppose at the time it would have spoilt the surprise of R2 firing it out to Luke as he's about to fall off the plank.
While thrilling, it wasn't that great a surprise, yes, you would have known it was likely smuggled in somehow, yet you don't actually see him put it in R2, you'd be wondering did he come in without it, it's got to be somewhere? Just anticipating where and when it was going to be triggered, becomes a different kind of tension, and reveal.:wink1:
On the other hand as he builds it, establishing the continuing "dialogue" with his father, underlying what he's possibly becoming, might have infused the otherwise more silly elements going on, with some foreboding undertones.

I agree much of the tinkering was mostly unnecessary, yet am willing to entertain, this one scene might have actually helped the story.

Last edited:
Since I've been recently participating in a few Star Wars threads, and have been posting somewhat in the movie section, I'll just put it out that I didn't purge and lock the Acolyte thread. One of my responses about the Expanded Universe was unexpectedly deleted there as well. I just figured I'd mention that because a few of you brought it up (and more might bring it up later). But, since we are in the OT/PT/ST thread, it's fine to have the conversations about the main series here.

To get things a bit back on track:

As for Disney's retconning of Star Wars, I don't believe that will happen since the ST has been well established at this point, and it's a money-maker at least in terms of merchandise. I believe what Disney can do instead, is a soft reboot that doesn't outright remove the ST from the canon, but doesn't acknowledge some of its more unpopular elements, either. I'd personally like the story about Palpatine removed from The Rise of Skywalker, but we'll see how it goes and what the company does.

Last edited:
Back