Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A reminder that SW hate has always been a thing...

7W3ELDW.jpeg

So what was their supposed great "idea" for what SW was supposed to be going forward, before ESB came along and ruined it?
I would love to read that! :lol

We're definitely going to see a Jedi Master Thread Witch in a future installment sometime. I just know it. The thread for this series will be like the goo for the Alien series.

This past weekend I watched Smokey and the Bandit for the first time in literally decades. Wow does it still hold up! And how awesome that it was restored in 4K.

One thing that really hit me was how interesting it is that both SatB and Star Wars opened on the exact same weekend in 1977.

And that both feature well known scoundrel characters running from the law who pick up a feisty damsel in a white dress that they eventually fall in love with.

I guess Snowman = Chewie, lol. Or was he his own Han Solo character with his dog taking the place of Chewie, lol.

With such similar character archetypes I can't help but wonder how each film would have turned out with actors swapped. Ford as Bandit, Reynolds as Han (which he famously auditioned for.) Fisher as Carrie (ha!) or Field as Leia. Of those four I think the one that could have done the swap the most seamlessly would have been Sally Field as Leia, followed by Burt as Han. Ford would have basically been playing a modified version of his American Graffiti character, which would have been quite the step down from Reynolds' version IMO.

All I see is kids making AI movies...

Mr Bean as Indiana Jones

Mr Bean as Han Solo

Mr Bean as Quint

Mr Bean as Mad Max in Road Warrior

Mr Bean as Aragorn

Mr Bean as Neo

Mr Bean as John McClane

Mr Bean as Dutch

Mr Bean as Jack Sparrow

Mr Bean as Iron Man

Mr Bean as Conan

It's as endless as crank calls.

And film as we know it will be dead.

Mr Bean as Indiana Jones

Mr Bean as Han Solo

Mr Bean as Quint

Mr Bean as Aragorn

Mr Bean as Neo

Mr Bean as John McClane

Mr Bean as Dutch

Mr Bean as Jack Sparrow

Mr Bean as Iron Man

Mr Bean as Conan

I am actually more interested in AI modifying movies seamlessly than generating entire movies. Remove all the naff parts of a movie, insert new better custom scenes and watch.

And remove Leias bikini top.

Mr Bean as Indiana Jones

Mr Bean as Han Solo

Mr Bean as Quint

Mr Bean as Aragorn

Mr Bean as Neo

Mr Bean as John McClane

Mr Bean as Dutch

Mr Bean as Jack Sparrow

Mr Bean as Iron Man

Mr Bean as Conan

Kids inserting Mr. Bean? More like Mr. Beast, lol.

\
932175.gif

Han - Leia - Luke - Chewie
Bandit-Carrie-Cledus-Fred
9320nf.gif

This past weekend I watched Smokey and the Bandit for the first time in literally decades. Wow does it still hold up! And how awesome that it was restored in 4K.

One thing that really hit me was how interesting it is that both SatB and Star Wars opened on the exact same weekend in 1977.

And that both feature well known scoundrel characters running from the law who pick up a feisty damsel in a white dress that they eventually fall in love with.

I guess Snowman = Chewie, lol. Or was he his own Han Solo character with his dog taking the place of Chewie, lol.

With such similar character archetypes I can't help but wonder how each film would have turned out with actors swapped. Ford as Bandit, Reynolds as Han (which he famously auditioned for.) Fisher as Carrie (ha!) or Field as Leia. Of those four I think the one that could have done the swap the most seamlessly would have been Sally Field as Leia, followed by Burt as Han. Ford would have basically been playing a modified version of his American Graffiti character, which would have been quite the step down from Reynolds' version IMO.
So Jackie Gleason aka "Smokey:wink1:" as Darth Vader?
932fga.gif

931y7c.gif

Last edited:
Back