Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the change of voice.

'The Final Cut' is obviously intended to be a unifying edit, and Morrison's so embedded as Fett now that it's inescapable unless you ditch everything from the Disney era... and I want to keep The Mandalorian, and even the 'idea' of The Book of Boba Fett if not the execution of it.

I can easily escape it.

When I wrote it was "inescapable unless you ditch everything from the Disney era", I forgot Morrison was also in the PT.

I ditched the PT long ago (in 1999 while watching the horrendous TPM), but Disney still has some good in it.

For folk who want og fett voice there are edits out for them (4k77). For those who want the definitive star wars experience with the good bits of the SE, there is this. I do not see the point of complaining about Morrison voice if cloud City has windows. Both were intentional changes by Lucas and unlike windows on cloud city the voice of boba was to tie it in with the rest of the saga and avoid a retroactive plot hole

Yeah, very disappointing considering everything else is an improvement or acceptable at worst.

I understand some people feel the need to keep Morrison's voice part of every Fett... but that is RIDICULOUS!!!! You don't think one of those guys, who change their looks, would like to try and change his voice? I mean, Boba could have been in a terrible accident that damaged his face and his voice. The voice box could make it sound deliberately like someone else, to help hide his identity -- Vader's voice changed. What's the obsession with this silly Morrison voice rule?

Keep Wingreen, dump Morrison, and let the fans spend their lives justifying it for you. They do with everything else.
Epic post is epic!

My memories of opening weekend 77/80/83 are fleeting so when I first saw the 4K77 X-Wing engines red exhaust ports bobbling (when they first open the wings heading to the Death Star) on an 80” TV my jaw dropped I had zero recollection of what they originally looked like.

For its time, masterpiece!

For todays standards, cute lol

Go look at them if you’ve never seen the original red engine exhausts, yikes!

Last edited:
All this chatter about theatrical vs SE, updated fx, added scenes, altered scenes etc etc are part of why I just want the franchise rebooted completely with remakes of the saga. Leave the OT in its original state just as folk remember then make entirely new versions with modern VFX and small changes to make the saga more seamless. For the prequels I would do more than small changes, it would be more a complete overhaul only maintaining basic outline. For the sequel trilogy they wouldn't even be remakes but an entirely new trilogy mostly based of the Heir to the Empire novels. That way folk would have a consistent saga free of contradictions, with great vfx etc while ot putists coukd have the unaltered theatrical cuts of the originals. Trying to cater to both groups with constant alterations to the OT will always leave some unhappy.

All this chatter about theatrical vs SE, updated fx, added scenes, altered scenes etc etc are part of why I just want the franchise rebooted completely with remakes of the saga. Leave the OT in its original state just as folk remember then make entirely new versions with modern VFX and small changes to make the saga more seamless. For the prequels I would do more than small changes, it would be more a complete overhaul only maintaining basic outline. For the sequel trilogy they wouldn't even be remakes but an entirely new trilogy mostly based of the Heir to the Empire novels. That way folk would have a consistent saga free of contradictions, with great vfx etc while ot putists coukd have the unaltered theatrical cuts of the originals. Trying to cater to both groups with constant alterations to the OT will always leave some unhappy.
ANH and ESB need zero reimagining or remakes but ROTJ would benefit from a 50% remake and of course the PT would absolutely benefit from an entire 100% overhaul lol

Back