Status of NECA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman69

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Fellas, i've been out of the game for a long while, due to work. What happened to NECA? Are they still producing collectibles? Randy? Additionally, what's the status on their TMNT 1990 line? Any more 1/4 scale? Lastly, is their BTTF 1,2 & 3 line dead??

They're still around and making things. Haven't heard from Randy in a few years as they've abandoned twitter entirely; their only social media presence now is on instagram (and maybe facebook, but I don't check it) where they sporadically announce things and don't do teases. TMNT 1990 recently got some Foot clan two packs and they've solicited/released figures from both sequels.

My personal opinion is the company might not be doing so hot. There have been a bunch of reissues lately, a lot of them NECA store exclusives, and they've taken to rereleasing 20+ year old figures with zero changes (Assassin's Creed, House of 1000 Corpses, Hannibal Lecter). They're still pumping out TMNT stuff, but now that everybody and their mom is doing that they might have lost the lead.

As far as my own interests are concerned they're very much on the wane. Alien, Predator, Terminator, Robocop, Back to the Future are all virtually dead. I didn't stop buying the stuff, they've just stopped making it - with some few and far between exceptions like Alex Murphy and Feral Predator.

The only NECA item I have on preorder now is the American Werewolf in London Jack & David 2-pack - that's pretty cool to be fair but a single PO is a far cry from what seems only a few years ago when all those other licenses I mentioned were in full swing.

And what's going on with The Thing? We got the Macready variants and Dog Thing, great but is that the end of the line? There was more they could have done. Maybe something will yet come out of the blue. With Randy no longer engaging on twitter that's how everything comes now. From out of nowhere. Trouble with that is I've now lost all hype and excitement for this company. In previous years roundabout now I'd be googling ''when is SDCC'' - now I wouldn't bother. It's on when it's on. Will there be anything I'll be interested in? I have no particular reason to think there will be :dunno

Last edited:
Fellas, i've been out of the game for a long while, due to work. What happened to NECA? Are they still producing collectibles? Randy? Additionally, what's the status on their TMNT 1990 line? Any more 1/4 scale? Lastly, is their BTTF 1,2 & 3 line dead??
I just hope they release that 18 inch Krang. NECAs prices are now 35 bucks....they were one cheaper than Marvel Legends.

That sewer set was 300 dollars....

NECA is just insane at this point. I do wonder why randy left and why they quit twitter.....but at this point....

I don't think Randy left? I do believe he opened his own collectibles store on the side though.

I'm more taken aback with how nonchalant they've been about releasing "civilian" characters pretty consistently, yet we still never got a T1 Sarah Connor, or a Harrigan. Especially when that was always the excuse "humans just don't sell as well".

I honestly refuse to believe that you're telling me a two pack of what basically amounts to two dudes in puffer jackets from a niche horror movie is more profitable for them than either of the above.

NECA is just insane at this point. I do wonder why randy left and why they quit twitter.....but at this point....

Given NECA's affiliations, I highly suspect it's a symbolic thing bc they're not in line with the new x/twitter leadership. They basically stopped posting on a regular basis in October 2022, coinciding with the new ownership. Even if I'm wrong it's ridiculous

I don't think Randy left? I do believe he opened his own collectibles store on the side though.

I'm more taken aback with how nonchalant they've been about releasing "civilian" characters pretty consistently, yet we still never got a T1 Sarah Connor, or a Harrigan. Especially when that was always the excuse "humans just don't sell as well".

I honestly refuse to believe that you're telling me a two pack of what basically amounts to two dudes in puffer jackets from a niche horror movie is more profitable for them than either of the above.
I think they do monsters/creatures becaue no actor likeness royalties....better profit margin. Probably sell better for people who just want horror stuff.....

I think they are being short sighted to say the least. I assume re-releases are easy cash grabs.

Given NECA's affiliations, I highly suspect it's a symbolic thing bc they're not in line with the new x/twitter leadership. They basically stopped posting on a regular basis in October 2022, coinciding with the new ownership. Even if I'm wrong it's ridiculous
I think that is accurate. NECA is playing a but if politics...
I thought it was so cood that Randy god feedback from fans....and NECA really stood out.

Now, what a mess....I used to pay 17 dollars per fig, now I pay 35....bucks. I just can't.

I also think losing TRU really hurt their business a lot. The Twitter thing is very obvious though, it's politics.

I am glad I left NECA behind for the 1/6 scale. NECA was great, but they seem to be in their Twilight phase of their company. Prices are higher, not much new properties or intereactions with fans.

Last edited:
Man, I feel like I’ve been going hog wild buying Neca stuff right now. Their Classic monsters, TNMT movie line, Robocop, Elvira. They’ve been kinda getting into music artists too.

I have been winding down my NECA stuff. I had my NECA Pacific Rim figures in storage and I grabbed 3 or so of them and they all fell apart.

Unbelievable....something is wrong with the plastic they used with them. I think I got pissed with NECA with those breakages and when I purchase from the NECA store, got some figures, the boxes were smashed up. Figures were okay.

I contacted NECA and they said not their problem, their only job is to make sure the figures arrived without breakage....

In my head, I was like I paid the money for shipping to have mint products. Just ticked me off.

Back