Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MoS is a great film, even with it's bad choices. It's certainly the best of his DC stuff by a mile.

imho
Yea itā€™s not a terrible movie just not a very good one imo. The fighting was amazing itā€™s just everything else wasnt done well at all.

Yea itā€™s not a terrible movie just not a very good one imo. The fighting was amazing itā€™s just everything else wasnt done well at all.

For me, it's the characterisations that were off, some more than others.

You would say the casting, the acting, the suit/s, the FX, and score weren't well done?

All top notch! Although, I never did like Amy Adams as Lois.

You would say the casting, the acting, the suit/s, the FX, and score weren't well done?
Suits were fine. Acting was so so , scoreā€¦ eh. Again it wasnā€™t a bad movie just not very good but the fighting was absolutely amazing

IMG_3191.jpeg

Ugly green lantern costume šŸ˜‚

Everything you mention is very good, Zimmer's music is fantastic, and yet MOS is not a very great film for me, there are lots of things that I find absurd in the script, and yet Goyer and even Nolan are credited as screenwriters, for the casting, Henry Cavill seems like a nice guy, in life, he has the physique of Superman, but without being bad, I am not blown away by his acting, in the scene where Zod takes off his armor, he is completely outmatched by Michael Shannon's acting.

If there had been a sequel to MOS we would have really been able to judge. But Henri Cavill has never had big success in the cinema in the main role, maybe he was unlucky, maybe he chose his roles badly, his last film ""Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare" have bombed at the box office.

Everything you mention is very good, Zimmer's music is fantastic, and yet MOS is not a very great film for me, there are lots of things that I find absurd in the script, and yet Goyer and even Nolan are credited as screenwriters, for the casting, Henry Cavill seems like a nice guy, in life, he has the physique of Superman, but without being bad, I am not blown away by his acting, in the scene where Zod takes off his armor, he is completely outmatched by Michael Shannon's acting.

If there had been a sequel to MOS we would have really been able to judge. But Henri Cavill has never had big success in the cinema in the main role, maybe he was unlucky, maybe he chose his roles badly, his last film ""Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare" have bombed at the box office.
That's why I asked when Ironwez said the only thing well done was the fighting. The majority of the casting and acting is great! Shannon is a perfect example.

What is absurd about it?

Back