T2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to get my price adjusment and couldn't resist getting the endo bust set with the 6 discs. I bought it and the cashier matched to the Bestbuy.com price to $119.99 instead of $139.99 which is the brick and mortar store price.

By the way, the eyes light up!
endobr.jpg

Last edited:
Just finish watching this and I can't believe that I never recognized Vasquez from Aliens as Jon's foster mom. Cameron sure does like to use his actors.

Also I picked this up from Fry's for only $11.45 must have been mismarked.

Went to get my price adjusment and couldn't resist getting the endo bust set with the 6 discs. I bought it and the cashier matched to the Bestbuy.com price to $119.99 instead of $139.99 which is the brick and mortar store price.

By the way, the eyes light up!
endobr.jpg

Does it's teeth look nasty? The ones they're showing in the other thread look cheap.

Just finish watching this and I can't believe that I never recognized Vasquez from Aliens as Jon's foster mom. Cameron sure does like to use his actors.

Guess what?... she's also in Titanic. She has a small role as a doomed passenger. I bet she's very good friend's with J. Cameron.

Does it's teeth look nasty? The ones they're showing in the other thread look cheap.

I wouldn't say "nasty", they look plasticky, but just from up close. Nothing that a little customizing/kitbashing can't fix.

I couldn't find the picture you are talking about in the other thread. Or was it a link that takes you to a picture?

That bust is pretty kick ass.

I got the blu-ray today from BB, and it came with the giftcard. Had a sticker on the outside, which said it included the giftcard.

I watched it on Friday night, it's a great looking veriosn of the movie, very clean on my 70" 720p screen. It does seemingly have a somewhat softer look but I attribute that to the fact that previous version had added sharpness enhancement. It did have much improved contrast, deeper blacks & color timing...not to mention an awesome DTS MA audio track. Well worth the price IMHO, and the $50 SS coupon makes it an even better bargain.

Actually it is the opposite, this version had a lot of DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) done to it, while it removed the noise/grain it also took out the sharpness that the previous release had making it look softer.

I got mine today. Cheap plastic, but I like it a lot :)

endo01.jpg

endo02.jpg

endo03.jpg

endo04.jpg

Funny how I thought the discs would be in his head, but instead they are in the base.

Best Buy has the regular Blu-Ray on sale for $14.99 and it came with the $50.00 gift card. Score!!!!

I just broke down and went all out and bought a 47" 1080i TV plus a Blu-ray player too. And T2 was the first movie I got. It was ALL WORTH IT!!! Cant believe how clear and bright everything is!!!:banana Only one question....the guy at the store gave me a regular HDMI cable. I know there are better cables out there but do the "monster" or the $50 cables improve the picture?? Any help please!!!

Last edited:
I would say no. With analogue stuff more so.. because that's a varying quality, but with digital... the signal either gets there or it doesnt. And if you're seeing an image... with no defects... then your cable is good enough ;)

I've VERY choosy when it comes to things like sound and visuals, and i'm just using my standard HDMI cable (and an optical audio out to my amp) and it's FINE ;)

I just broke down and went all out and bought a 47" 1080i TV plus a Blu-ray player too. And T2 was the first movie I got. I was ALL WORTH IT!!! Cant believe how clear and bright everything is!!!:banana Only one question....the guy at the store gave me a regular HDMI cable. I know there are better cables out there but do the "monster" or the $50 cables improve the picture?? Any help please!!!

Monster Cables being sold by most major retailers are RIP-OFFs. Don't bother with them. Go to Monoprice.com and get yourself a regular cable. Same quality. I paid about $3.29 each for the four 6ft cables I bought from them and it works fine. Thickness of the cable doesn't matter if the distance is short (like 8 ft or less). Most cables sold are 1.3a graded which is the latest available. Can't think of anything else. But yea check out Monoprice.com. I suggest it to all my friends.

Monster Cables being sold by most major retailers are RIP-OFFs. Don't bother with them. Go to Monoprice.com and get yourself a regular cable. Same quality. I paid about $3.29 each for the four 6ft cables I bought from them and it works fine. Thickness of the cable doesn't matter if the distance is short (like 8 ft or less). Most cables sold are 1.3a graded which is the latest available. Can't think of anything else. But yea check out Monoprice.com. I suggest it to all my friends.

+1...I bought all my HDMI cables from this site, including a 35' one to my PJ. They work great.

i bought mine on the day or release here in the uk, couldn't get it to play on my computer or on sony player. thought it might be a defective disk, so returned it to hmv. got it back today, and guess what, looks like the egging morons just sent me back the exact same disc. it has the same marks on the box and disk. complete flipping idiots. i'm returning it and will have to get it from somewhere else.

anyone else experienced any problems?

i bought mine on the day or release here in the uk, couldn't get it to play on my computer or on sony player. thought it might be a defective disk, so returned it to hmv. got it back today, and guess what, looks like the egging morons just sent me back the exact same disc. it has the same marks on the box and disk. complete flipping idiots. i'm returning it and will have to get it from somewhere else.

anyone else experienced any problems?

Blu ray discs only work in blu ray players...:lol

Chris

I went to BB to get this and it was $25. Does anyone know where it may be cheaper and what is the expiration date for the SS gift card inside? Thanks!

Back