Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chogokin C-3P0 is like 19k yen (~$188usd) on HLJ right now! After shipping like $220 to the states! I finally bought one.

3PO sports a rusty armor in Episode II until the very end when he gets his gold/shiny coverings.

I should buy another one to customise into an EPII Threepio.

Decisions, decisions....

3POGeonosis.jpg~original

Review_C3POBattleDroidHeadTSC_stillA.jpg~original

It is as far as I'm aware... Previous winner was Pix when got one off Amazon for $240. But he got way lucky, I think we all expected it to be broken or a box full of rocks :lol

Dealers had better unload all their stock now, because when SSC release their interpretation, I suspect Tama prices to crash for a period of time.

I thought the Tamashii prices would go up as time goes on if SS release a 3PO since the Tamashii one would be better in terms of quality. But I could be wrong. Apart from addtional accessories, I don't see how the new SS figure would be better than Tamashii.

I thought the Tamashii prices would go up as time goes on if SS release a 3PO since the Tamashii one would be better in terms of quality. But I could be wrong.

It doesn't matter if the SSC 3PO is "better" or "worse" - it's a fact that it's coming and it's all but guaranteed to be lower priced, and more thoroughly and widely promoted. That should mean the sell rate of the Tama will drop. Judging by the pricing activity and availability of the Tama over the past year, I don't think it's unfair to say it's been a slow seller already.

Apart from addtional accessories, I don't see how the new SS figure would be better than Tamashii.

I think a lot of people are going to very surprised here.

It doesn't matter if the SSC 3PO is "better" or "worse" - it's a fact that it's coming and it's all but guaranteed to be lower priced, and more thoroughly and widely promoted. That should mean the sell rate of the Tama will drop. Judging by the pricing activity and availability of the Tama over the past year, I don't think it's unfair to say it's been a slow seller already.

I think a lot of people are going to very surprised here.

Impossible to say if it has been a slow seller or was overproduced and originally overpriced. My guess, since nearly all the reviews about it are raving, many star wars fans on forums seem to own is, is that they simply made too many of them and overestimated the market for people willing to spend $400 on C-3P0. If this was originally 250, I bet it sells out at high quantities.

EIther way, it is just speculation. However Bandai does produce a mother **** load of stuff and does not short change supply like many companies.

Seeing as to how SS stuff is never accurate (Vader, Boba, height of R2) they have nothing on Tama except accessories and weathering. This is the ultimate 3PO. But I'll still get SS too. Can't go wrong having both.

An SSC 3PO will eliminate the monopoly Tama has in the 1:6 3PO market. No one will be buying him because he's the only chance to own one any more, but once they dry up, they're going to be worth plenty.

I've just ordered mine. Been waiting a long time for the right price and for me that price was too good to pass up.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Back